Mask Mandates Dropping For Disney Transportation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chip Chipperson

My best guess is that Disney waits to find out if there will be an appeal before they decide what to do. It's easier for airlines and airports to switch back to enforcing a mandate if it comes back than it is for Disney. Airlines have multiple crew members and sometimes have Air Marshalls on board. They can divert to another airport if necessary so the police can deal with an unruly passenger. Disney buses have just the 1 driver and it's not really feasible to just pull over and kick someone off the bus.

rio

Disney will drop the mask requirement just as soon as The Suits and Bob figure out a way to monetize it.
That would've been easier with masks:

"All Disney guests will be given 2 specially designed Disney masks, which will serve as your proof of stay and allow you to board Disney transportation. Additional masks can be purchased in packs of 3 for just $19.99"

G00fyDad

My best guess is that Disney waits to find out if there will be an appeal before they decide what to do. It's easier for airlines and airports to switch back to enforcing a mandate if it comes back than it is for Disney. Airlines have multiple crew members and sometimes have Air Marshalls on board. They can divert to another airport if necessary so the police can deal with an unruly passenger. Disney buses have just the 1 driver and it's not really feasible to just pull over and kick someone off the bus.
That means Disney will leave it then since the appeal is likely to take longer than the mandate expiration date.

G00fyDad

If the rationale was they were following the Federal policy, well, there is no longer a Federal policy so they should drop the public transportation mask mandate. People are still free to wear them at their own choosing.

Think of it this way: Disney World is Spaceball One and the federal mandate is Lonestar. They are following Lonestar through hyperpace at Plaid Speed and Lonestar just slowed down. Spaceball One is too big and just overshot the Millennium Winnebago and they are trying to hit the brakes.

R.ca33535435b9337b5c1f6a4e754499ac

danlb_2000

Premium Member

With all the airlines and other transport dropping the requirement so quickly it's going to be rough for the government to try to re-instate it at this point. They may appeal just so they can have a path forward if they want to re-instate a mandate in the future.

DisneyCane

I don't think it is easier for Disney to reverse course than it is for the airlines. If they return the air travel mandate there are going to be literal riots in airports and on some flights.

The airlines dropped the requirement instantly, during flights in some cases. There's no reason Disney can't just make a policy change effective at noon. Or they could just instruct the CMs to stop enforcing it.

Air Marshals are there to prevent hijackings and other terrorist incidents. They would not reveal themselves to enforce a mask rule. If they did, a terrorist group could expose the air marshal by having someone refuse to wear a mask before their planned attack.

Tom P.

Both Uber and Lyft have announced that they are dropping the mask requirement. By the end of the day, Disney is literally going to be the only one left requiring them. That's not the look that they want. I feel strongly that the mask requirement will be gone in very short order at Disney, probably by the end of the day.

GimpYancIent

Both Uber and Lyft have announced that they are dropping the mask requirement. By the end of the day, Disney is literally going to be the only one left requiring them. That's not the look that they want. I feel strongly that the mask requirement will be gone in very short order at Disney, probably by the end of the day.
Disney P.R. folks are debating how to make any announcement. Reasonable to be gun shy after the last series of debacles with Bob.

CaptainAmerica

They can't be so clueless as to see videos of 130 people on an airplane cheering the end of the mandate while flight attendants literally sing and dance in the aisles and decide they should side with the three people sulkily keeping their N95s up, right?

Maybe it's closer than that in the total population. Maybe it's something like 55-45. But within the subset of "people who want to travel right now," it has to be something like 95-5.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Disney and the city of Philadelphia. :)

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I agree. Then again Disney likes to do dumb things in the PR department

GimpYancIent

You don't have to mask on a lot of airlines now, but you have to mask in the Philly airport, and you don't have to mask on Septa trains or stations. It's very confusing.
Yes, it is very confusing. There has to be a better way to get the memo to everyone simultaneously and set a solid, mutually acceptable, deadline.

correcaminos

What's odd is that Philly's SEPTA transit system has lifted its mask mandate but the city of Philly just enacted their indoor mask policy last week :cautious:
That went into effect the same day as fed transportation mandate dropped. So you have to wear in the airport but not on the plane. Go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom