Mask Mandates Dropping For Disney Transportation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
The lawyers, medical staff and risk team can take a flying leap as far as I’m concerned. They’ve never once told us what they use to guide them.
It's a private company, they're not beholden to you.

They don't have to tell you anything.

If you have a problem with that, write them a nicely written email and expect a form reply, or buy enough shares and speak during a stockholder meeting.

mkt

Premium Member
Two pages in and this thread seems just as bad as the last one.
youre awesome bill murray GIF

MaryJaneP

It does seem like a mystery what lawyers, medical staff, and risk teams might use to justify any of their actions, especially concerning mask mandates.

mkt

Premium Member
It does seem like a mystery what lawyers, medical staff, and risk teams might use to justify any of their actions, especially concerning mask mandates.
It's not a mystery - you just have to think like a billion dollar corporation that has a brand and reputation to protect (obviously pre-culture-war).

If there's a chance, even miniscule, that Disney could be outed as the site of a massive super spreader, they will take as much action as possible to shift the responsibility onto the guests.

Beyond that, Disney is a HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE corporation who will be slow to act and react owing merely to its internal processes and bureaucracy.

Source: me: I work with brands; and my wife: an insurance attorney who deals with issues of risk.

some other guy

yeah The Mouse drew its line in the sand some years back between "people with critical thinking skills" and "people who give us money" and I'll be fair as a shareholder they've held that line with great success

Mark52479

Rumors running wild on Twitter announcement will come tomorrow.....

I don't see masks on Disney transportation staying later than Friday.

DisneyCane

This seems debatable.

Personally, I believe that Disney Transportation falls under “transportation” and that most in authority would agree.

I'd be interested to see the actual rules cited which are interpreted to apply to Disney transportation. Why would Disney transportation fall under the mandate but hotel shuttles to the airport don't?

Disney transportation (specifically buses and monorails because of the number of passengers per vehicle) is subject to Federal Transportation rules and is required to follow those guidelines.

it’s all moot now, the White House has stated that the TSA and NTSB will no longer enforce the mask mandate. This is in the last hour or so. It will likely take a little while for Disney to make a change decision and communicate it.
Just a pet peeve clarification, the NTSB doesn't enforce anything or make rules. They are tasked with investigating accidents and making recommendations. Another agency has to make rules based upon the NTSB recommendations.

Tom P.

If they do get rid of them quickly, the decision came from above and bypassed Disney's usual due diligence.
Is that necessarily true? I mean, Disney knew that sooner or later, one way or the other, the mandate would end. So why couldn't they have done their due diligence before in order to be prepared to act quickly? Something like "if the mandate drops, and conditions x, y, and z are true, then we drop ours immediately"?

DisneyCane

I’m sorry but this thread is filled with nonsense.

Disney will drop the mask mandate immediately.

Lots of other “huge” corporations have dropped it immediately.

No one wants masks.

It is finished.
Exactly. Comcast is a huge corporation and they haven't required masks on universal transportation for quite some time.

Airlines are huge corporations and would suffer much more than Disney if they are seen as unsafe COVID spreaders and they all dropped masking pretty much instantly. My friend said there are videos of the policy being dropped mid flight today.

correcaminos

I’m sorry but this thread is filled with nonsense.

Disney will drop the mask mandate immediately.

Lots of other “huge” corporations have dropped it immediately.

No one wants masks.

It is finished.
Except they didn't drop them immediately. So we're left wondering when....

some other guy

I'd be interested to see the actual rules cited which are interpreted to apply to Disney transportation. Why would Disney transportation fall under the mandate but hotel shuttles to the airport don't?
I'm sure somebody could confirm y/n, but I can easily imagine some hoo-hah where Disney (on paper) runs its buses through Reedy Creek for some tax reasons thus they're part of a Municipal/County/Etc Transportation thus subject to Fed rules that private transportation from a private hotel to a private theme park would be diferent

Rteetz

Disney transportation (specifically buses and monorails because of the number of passengers per vehicle) is subject to Federal Transportation rules and is required to follow those guidelines.
How so? They are private transportation and if this was the case they would have had to continue doing so on the skyliner. They are not subject to federal guidelines in that way.

DisneyCane

I'm sure somebody could confirm y/n, but I can easily imagine some hoo-hah where Disney (on paper) runs its buses through Reedy Creek for some tax reasons thus they're part of a Municipal/County/Etc Transportation thus subject to Fed rules that private transportation from a private hotel to a private theme park would be diferent
On the other mask thread it was determined that the busses are owned and operated by Disney and not Reedy Creek.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom