Mask Mandates Dropping For Disney Transportation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I'm sure somebody could confirm y/n, but I can easily imagine some hoo-hah where Disney (on paper) runs its buses through Reedy Creek for some tax reasons thus they're part of a Municipal/County/Etc Transportation thus subject to Fed rules that private transportation from a private hotel to a private theme park would be diferent
If they were RCID operated, they’d have yellow government license plates and either be unbranded or branded with RCID/LBV/Bay Lake branding.

They all have standard Florida or green Florida fleet plates and are branded as Disney.

some other guy

If they were RCID operated, they’d have yellow government license plates and either be unbranded or branded with RCID/LBV/Bay Lake branding.

They all have standard Florida or green Florida fleet plates and are branded as Disney.
hadn't thought about the plates, yeah seems that would be a solid tell, thanks

Tom P.

I have dealt with Disney long enough to know that when a decision is made quickly, it came from up top, and when a decision is slow and methodical, it was done by committee.
Just curious what you mean by "from up top"? Like, from Chapek himself? Or are we talking D'Amaro? Vahle? Who is high enough up to be able to make a decision like this without running it through committee first?

TrainsOfDisney

Why would Disney transportation fall under the mandate but hotel shuttles to the airport don't?
Most hotel shuttles don’t have drivers with CDL’s either. Comparing a bus to a van.
On the other mask thread it was determined that the busses are owned and operated by Disney and not Reedy Creek.
The Disney busses operate over roads that are part of reedy creek, not private Disney owned roads.

donsullivan

Premium Member
How so? They are private transportation and if this was the case they would have had to continue doing so on the skyliner. They are not subject to federal guidelines in that way.
The NTSB jurisdiction came following the monorail accident in 2009. The NTSB injected themselves as the investigator and Disney accepted that change acknowledging that it was the first time the NTSB investigated a privately operating transportation system on private property. The NTSB classifies the monorail as a railroad and investigated it as such.

A quote from the NTSB at the time- “It is a widely used transportation system that is used by the public,” he said.

As I understand it the masking difference on the Skyliner has to do with the smaller capacity of the individual vehicles.

Last edited:

Lilofan

I have dealt with Disney long enough to know that when a decision is made quickly, it came from up top, and when a decision is slow and methodical, it was done by committee.
Like the hotel beaches were closed right after the 2 year old guest was killed in the alligator attack at Grand Floridian several years ago?

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
It’s been safety theater for a long time now

Have to wear a mask indoors or on a plane unless you’re eating then it’s ok

Have to wear a mask on public transportation but it’s ok indoors or even ride an enclosed attraction with another family shoulder to shoulder without masks.

Glad to see this finally coming to an end where Disney can begin to feel like normal again. Well…somewhat anyways

marymarypoppins

It’s been a few months since I have been and not since mask mandates on propriety have be dropped but are buses back to standing room only? If that’s the case does a mask even really matter on there when you are shoulder to shoulder with strangers?

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Disney is a private company and can still require masks for as long as they want.
They can, but I would expect a lot of backlash (and eventually cancelled vacations as well) if they are the only ones still playing the game

They’ve had enough PR issues lately

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Like the hotel beaches were closed right after the 2 year old guest was killed in the alligator attack at Grand Floridian several years ago?
Yep.

When it comes from up top, there's little to no debate from down below other than "how do we implement this?"

Exactly. Comcast is a huge corporation and they haven't required masks on universal transportation for quite some time.

Disney's organizational structure is a top-heavy hybrid of divisional and functional, which means it's usually slow to react unless an order comes from the top, whether it be division or corporate leadership. Lots of decisions by committee, lots of focus groups.

Now, while I've dealt with Disney more often, I've also dealt with Universal as a supplier and employee, and have sat in plenty of meetings at both. While I'm not 100% certain of how Comcast works at a corporate level, judging by my past experience dealing with Universal's parks, they operate a hybrid divisional/flatarchy model with a smaller leadership team and elements of the matrix model, allowing decisions to me implemented more quickly. They still use committees and focus groups, but their processes don't call for small adjustments and repeat, more for "lessons learned, make adjustments, start now, and continue fixing as we go".

Last edited:

Piebald

I don't see them keeping masks much longer and certainly not bringing them back unless something new comes along that is definitely taking people out in huge numbers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom