Mask Mandates Dropping For Disney Transportation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainAmerica

Pandemic over.

1650390438183.png

Tom P.

Also note that they updated the verbiage for unvaccinated guests in general. It now says that it is "recommended" for unvaccinated guests to wear masks indoors, but it no longer says that it is expected or required. The actual policy portion simply says, "Face coverings are optional for Guests in both outdoor and indoor locations, as well as Disney transportation."

Tom P.

The writing was on the wall last night and then this afternoon when it was announce NO APPEAL from WH
The second part has not been announced. In fact, the administration has said the opposite.

Mark52479

The second part has not been announced. In fact, the administration has said the opposite.

I think its going back and forth.

Supposedly this morning a WH rep said they would NOT appeal. I guess they misspoke.

drnilescrane

I think ultimately they will have to appeal on principle - even if it runs a very likely risk of an unfavorable ruling from the 11th circuit - but I can't see a world where they try and get a stay or put the mandate back in place.

You can't put the genie back in the bottle, not now, which is why they overplayed their hand in the first place with this final extension.

Even POTUS is basically messaging personal choice:

Pressed on if people should still wear masks on planes, Biden told reporters, “That’s up to them.”

drnilescrane

I wonder how long country/WDW will go maskless? Fall?

My feeling is - it should have been dropped in March, and should have not been in place for the Delta wave.

If they had been more reasonable you could expect them to put it back in place in case we get another December like last.

Where the national mood is - short of a variant that kills people on sight they aren't coming back. Look at how Philadelphia is standing alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom