MARVEL Mini-Land at EPCOT?

cheezbat

It will be more than six years from the first announcement of a deal until Super Nintendo World opens in Florida.
That's really only because of the shift from the plans for Uni Studios to the 3rd theme park. Obviously If they were just going to put it in Kidzone, the thing could be done in a couple years. The fact that it's now most likely anchoring a whole new park makes sense as to why it would take even longer. Much more to plan.

UpAllNight

Fascinated by what’s going on at Uni. Other than a vague announcement on HP it’s now been 3 years since they gave a substantial development update (when they announced Fallon and F&F in one swoop). There’s clearly things in the pipeline (still no announcement of T2 replacement....markings in JP) I keep expecting it to hit...but then I have been for a year now

Casper Gutman

Fascinated by what’s going on at Uni. Other than a vague announcement on HP it’s now been 3 years since they gave a substantial development update (when they announced Fallon and F&F in one swoop). There’s clearly things in the pipeline (still no announcement of T2 replacement....markings in JP) I keep expecting it to hit...but then I have been for a year now
Universal doesn’t announce things far in advance at all. I’m not sure we even have an official announcement of the HP coaster, and we certainly have no official details or even a name. The lagoon show was just announced this week and that debuts in a few weeks. Nintendo was an exception because it was a partnership with an outside company and is being built at multiple Uni parks.

Uni just doesn’t like to risk impacting crowd levels by announcing stuff in advance. As a fan it’s frustrating, but as long as they keep adding, I’m fine with it.

deWild

Oh do keep up

:):)

I swear I'm trying my best! Life gets crazier after you enter the adult workforce.

Regarding your earlier post, with the prospect of a third Universal park opening in the near-future, have you heard anything about having Mario in 2 parks similar to how they set up Harry Potter? Imagine taking a warp pipe to the other park. Might be a *pipe* dream (always wanted to use that :cool:) but that'd be really cool if so.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I swear I'm trying my best! Life gets crazier after you enter the adult workforce.

Regarding your earlier post, with the prospect of a third Universal park opening in the near-future, have you heard anything about having Mario in 2 parks similar to how they set up Harry Potter? Imagine taking a warp pipe to the other park. Might be a *pipe* dream (always wanted to use that :cool:) but that'd be really cool if so.
They’ll be too far apart for an attraction specific link. I expect medium to long term for something to connect the new park.

HoraceHorizons

Original Poster
Correct. Forget about WoL. Consider it bulldozed, never to return. The building that used to house it can become anything now.

Yes, I think we're aware that the attractions inside the WOL Pavilion are long gone, but for lack of a better way to ID the Pavilion,... They are no longer using it as the Festival Center, and its in the middle of a makeover on the outside. So what will this WOL building become, next? It seems likely we will hear something about what's going on inside there sooner, rather than later.

If there is another thread handling this speculation please send the link!

Princess Leia

Yes, I think we're aware that the attractions inside the WOL Pavilion are long gone, but for lack of a better way to ID the Pavilion,... They are no longer using it as the Festival Center, and its in the middle of a makeover on the outside. So what will this WOL building become, next? It seems likely we will hear something about what's going on inside there sooner, rather than later.

If there is another thread handling this speculation please send the link!
This is the main thread:

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/wonders-of-life-getting-an-attraction-soon.937705/

Martin has hinted at a new attraction being placed in there (not Marvel), we just don’t know the IP or location yet.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Universal doesn’t announce things far in advance at all. I’m not sure we even have an official announcement of the HP coaster, and we certainly have no official details or even a name. The lagoon show was just announced this week and that debuts in a few weeks. Nintendo was an exception because it was a partnership with an outside company and is being built at multiple Uni parks.

Uni just doesn’t like to risk impacting crowd levels by announcing stuff in advance. As a fan it’s frustrating, but as long as they keep adding, I’m fine with it.

That’s the BETTER way to do it...and honestly the way disney used to.

I liked the days of cranes and walls with maybe a disclosure a year before opening...now it’s press events with recent college grads talking about how YUGE something is gonna be...then a five year timeline with pre-planned budget slashes.

We’re ten days out from another...people will be clomping around mgm saying “it’s nice...butttt....” likely again. After what? 3/4 years?

Luckily there are people like us to discuss these things and generate sales ad naseaum as two man crews pour concrete limited to a 32 work week, huh? 🤪

tl77

It would be great. As it is now. Joe public has to go to USO for Marvel in Florida.

Joe public also doesn’t understand generally (or care) about rights and contracts. So long as they can ride the Spider-Man ride they don’t really care who has it.

This is more opinion than fact, but everyone I know only goes to Universal to see Harry Potter and comes back feeling that's the only thing at Universal worth the trip. If Disney built something the equivalent of a Tron Coaster themed to Marvel overseas, something that had that same level of enthusiasm from the public, then that's the sort of thing that would change public opinion.

The IP doesn't really matter to anyone but Bob Iger, Tron wasn't that successful a movie but the ride is so popular they're building one at Magic Kingdom... I don't know if anything bout Pandora is as exciting to people as the Tron coaster seems to be, even though Avatar is the highest grossing film of all time

Lady_Gracey999

Funny I should see this. On Saturday evening I ran into a custodial cm while checking out the Wonders of Life construction and he seemed quite confident that they were building a Marvel section exactly where you describe...

rd805

This is more opinion than fact, but everyone I know only goes to Universal to see Harry Potter and comes back feeling that's the only thing at Universal worth the trip. If Disney built something the equivalent of a Tron Coaster themed to Marvel overseas, something that had that same level of enthusiasm from the public, then that's the sort of thing that would change public opinion.

The IP doesn't really matter to anyone but Bob Iger, Tron wasn't that successful a movie but the ride is so popular they're building one at Magic Kingdom... I don't know if anything bout Pandora is as exciting to people as the Tron coaster seems to be, even though Avatar is the highest grossing film of all time

F&F and Jimmy Fallon are both pretty big misses, but the rest of both parks are excellent. C'mon lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom