MARVEL Mini-Land at EPCOT?

HoraceHorizons

Original Poster
With the addition of GoTG at Epcot, I couldn't help but recall a statement at the last D23 where Bob Iger (If I remember correctly) described the Space-area as a new "Mini-Land."

I realize the Marvel Contract with Universal is severely limiting but GoTG were in that film, and ANT MAN was not. Obviously ANT-MAN could easily fit in the WONDERS OF LIFE Pavillion, and it remains to be seen whether the GoTG ride will retain some sort of "edutainment" element, but does anyone else wonder if WDI is intending to place more Marvel stuff in FUTURE WORLD?

And if so... what can they use?

Am I right in thinking they are limited to ANT-MAN, GoTG, Black Panther and DR. STRANGE?

So something like: Ant Man in Wonders of Life shrinking us down into the Quantum Realm? Dr. Strange in The Imagination Pavillion, talking about the powers of Creativity? Black Panther in The Land? and maybe something else at the Seas?

Couldn't they just have someone from the Marvel films introduce/narrate Spaceship Earth, as themselves and sidestep the contract, no?

Anyone else thinking Future World in headed toward being Marvel Land?

V_L_Raptor

They once had a Nelson and Murdock sign on the front of a newspaper vending box prop in Streets of America, so conceivably DD et al. are available. Same for Iron Fist, Luke Cage, and Jessica Jones, I'm guessing, unless their various associations with the Avengers have made them off-limits.

Someone on these boards once proposed an Epcot ride all about law. I'll be the first to say: including Daredevil does not make that an interesting premise.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

giphy.gif

Minnie Mum

I desperately hope NOT. Instead, I hope that what Iger meant by a Space mini land, was that that side of Future World would be primarily devoted to Space (not Marvel) themes. So you would have SSE, Mission Space, GOTG, and the new Space themed restaurant. The outliers on that side would be WOL pavilion and Test Track.

HoraceHorizons

Original Poster
I desperately hope NOT. Instead, I hope that what Iger meant by a Space mini land, was that that side of Future World would be primarily devoted to Space (not Marvel) themes. So you would have SSE, Mission Space, GOTG, and the new Space themed restaurant. The outliers on that side would be WOL pavilion and Test Track.

I also hope they DO NOT do this. With the exception of thinking the idea of a Pavilion devoted to the Quantum Realm/Physics would be sweet, with or w/o Ant-Man.

Do we know anything about to WOL pavilion? Is it still even going to be BIO related?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I also hope they DO NOT do this. With the exception of thinking the idea of a Pavilion devoted to the Quantum Realm/Physics would be sweet, with or w/o Ant-Man.

Do we know anything about to WOL pavilion? Is it still even going to be BIO related?

Wonders of life is gone...it’s been stripped and used for storage or convention space.

I think it’s inexcusable and should be redone or replaced...but there isn’t much incentive for them to do that.

V_L_Raptor

No offense, but this is getting hashed over pretty well in its own thread. You may wish to read the thread before requesting a rehash.

deWild

I don’t see Future World ever becoming Marvel Land, but I could potentially see a Marvel mini land coming to Epcot, especially if/when Universal agrees to forfeit their rights to the Marvel characters in theme parks

It’s a matter of when now. With Comcast stoking a bidding war with Disney over Fox, Bob doesn’t have a choice: it’s now or never for the Marvel characters.

I’m still of the opinion that Disney could leverage some sort of deal to bring the rights back home with Fox & Comcast over Sky.

Edit: Sorry marni, I posted at the same time you stated not to go there lol

drod1985

An Ant-Man ride is pretty interesting, but I wouldn't have them go to the quantum realm. Replace Body Wars and have an Ant-Man vehicle shrink us down to the size of a bug, show us how bugs live and how various lifecycle relationships affect humans.

I too am holding out hope that one day Disney gets the park rights to the main Marvel roster back as well...but I'm not holding my breath.

HauntedMansionFLA

I don’t see Future World ever becoming Marvel Land, but I could potentially see a Marvel mini land coming to Epcot, especially if/when Universal agrees to forfeit their rights to the Marvel characters in theme parks
They will never forfeit the rights. Ever. Before SW:GE was announced, I thought Star Wars had a chance to take over Future World. I hope the higher ups gave a game plan in place to bring it back to life. WoL and Imagination have so much potential.

ppete1975

With the addition of GoTG at Epcot, I couldn't help but recall a statement at the last D23 where Bob Iger (If I remember correctly) described the Space-area as a new "Mini-Land."

I realize the Marvel Contract with Universal is severely limiting but GoTG were in that film, and ANT MAN was not. Obviously ANT-MAN could easily fit in the WONDERS OF LIFE Pavillion, and it remains to be seen whether the GoTG ride will retain some sort of "edutainment" element, but does anyone else wonder if WDI is intending to place more Marvel stuff in FUTURE WORLD?

And if so... what can they use?

Am I right in thinking they are limited to ANT-MAN, GoTG, Black Panther and DR. STRANGE?

So something like: Ant Man in Wonders of Life shrinking us down into the Quantum Realm? Dr. Strange in The Imagination Pavillion, talking about the powers of Creativity? Black Panther in The Land? and maybe something else at the Seas?

Couldn't they just have someone from the Marvel films introduce/narrate Spaceship Earth, as themselves and sidestep the contract, no?

Anyone else thinking Future World in headed toward being Marvel Land?
I for one will be very sad if a little purple dragon is ever kicked out of his glass pyramid of curiosity and imagination..

goofyyukyuk

Don’t go there.
I’m not necessarily in favor of it, but I’d be shocked if they didn’t forfeit those rights in order to replace their Marvel-based attractions with more relevant Universal properties, since they’re only allowed to use semi-outdated comic versions of the popular cinematic characters

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom