Marvel coming to WDW?!?!

TP2000

Is this your way of saying that you've heard the same info or just speculating how it would work.

I'm just a guy sitting in my den drinking a good Scotch and scanning the thread. Sorry if I sounded otherwise. Apparently a good Scotch can make anyone sound smart. :cool:

I'm just speculating how this would work, at least in Anaheim.

Although it sounds like this is something bigger and better than the annual Christmas overlays for a few Disneyland rides.

Last edited:

ThemeParkJunkee

I am continuing to read even though I don't get off work until 8PM during tax season some nights. Thanks again for the spirited discussion and especially to you @WDW1974 for the updates. I am somewhat gratified that perhaps a call or email or letter (I am fond of actual letters) to Georgie K. may have some impact.

I fear my letter decrying the cuts in services at WDW due to Shanghai and MM+ has not had any effect but I may still hear back. I think someone higher up on the food chain would have been a better choice for that one. Nice to know George may have a bit of backbone.

This thread (and not just because of ToT) is making my blood boil. While I figured Shanghai was going to open without being ready for "Prime Time" was a foregone conclusion and of course the attendance wilI "break all records" for a Disney Park, I never thought there would be such an impact on domestic park operations.

I am afraid to go to WDW and won't for the forseeable future. I am already dismayed by the deterioration of service and "show". I really don't want to be severely disappointed on a trip to WDW so I will avoid it for now.

I cannot believe that "Imagineering" has lost its collective imagination. Thanks for all the information being posted. You can't make good decisions without good information. I like being informed despite the emotional toll I am paying.

erwinalber4

I haven't been on this site in a few days and I actually saw a link to this TOT thing on Facebook earlier on my break at work. I of course came here next and, in the few minutes that remained of my break, skimmed the thread titles real quickly. I spent the rest of my day feeling confident that if it wasn't here, it had no credibility. So you can imagine the horror of reading page 3 of this thread when I got home.

rioriz

Mind you I am livid with mixed feelings, livid!
However the only way this even works, is if the re-theme of this park, includes a Sunset Marvel makeover! Unfortunately they are using their own ride in that area of the park to start their make over on. It should be on rock and roller coaster

PhotoDave219

I admit what I am going to say is scary, but if you want to check out some sanity on the Disney Tweeter, take a gander at Andy 'Should have been in Cuba with the family and Obama' Castro's feed tonight.

Was just sent a link over and while I have issues with his comments about me in the past (I'd give him a spanking, but 'Angie' wouldn't like that ...although she is against spanking in general.), the kid has his head screwed on very, very well on most of the important stuff.

Tonight, the subject was the abusive and bizarre relationship some people have with the Disney BRAND (UNI has those Wand Wavers too now!). Earlier, he was speaking his mind about theme park photography and how it isn't even fine art, even if it is done by talented people (like our buddy @WDWFigment) and he is dead on accurate again.

I think he gets too emotional at times, but we all do. But he is one voice of (semi) sanity in a sea of crazies, truly. I do hope he takes what is written here in the vein it was written. When I give praise, I do so because I feel it is due.

My friend, i need a link....

Stevek

I admit what I am going to say is scary, but if you want to check out some sanity on the Disney Tweeter, take a gander at Andy 'Should have been in Cuba with the family and Obama' Castro's feed tonight.

Was just sent a link over and while I have issues with his comments about me in the past (I'd give him a spanking, but 'Angie' wouldn't like that ...although she is against spanking in general.), the kid has his head screwed on very, very well on most of the important stuff.

Tonight, the subject was the abusive and bizarre relationship some people have with the Disney BRAND (UNI has those Wand Wavers too now!). Earlier, he was speaking his mind about theme park photography and how it isn't even fine art, even if it is done by talented people (like our buddy @WDWFigment) and he is dead on accurate again.

I think he gets too emotional at times, but we all do. But he is one voice of (semi) sanity in a sea of crazies, truly. I do hope he takes what is written here in the vein it was written. When I give praise, I do so because I feel it is due.
I generally agree with you but Andy is anything but the voice of sanity. He's proven time and time again that he's incapable of doing anything but attacking those who have a different opinion...much like most of the Miceshat leadership. To me, he's the Donald Trump of Disney fandom. Let me be loud, obnoxious, abusive to everyone...and maybe there is the occasional accurate/good message but it's lost in all of the other garbage he spews out.

Longhairbear

You know when you can finally say you've arrived? When Disney food bloggers (oh yes, they exist) in the Twitverse are so busy taking shots at you (because they can't handle the truth) that they just have no time to write about the fact that Disney is making major cuts in quality and size of items/portions at WDW AND raising prices.

My guess is if you do that than Dr. Blondie, my favorite Cupcake, won't be comping $600 meals at Citricos or the California Grill.

When even my 'wittle buddy Andy Castro has to admit that yeah, this tale has legs, and he can't stand me for reasons I don't quite get as I have given him nothing but hot online luvin (if I find out the EPCOT Explorer dissed me, he'll be pulling Orange Birds out of his orifices!), it should give pause.

This is my last post defending the NEWS (not a rumor whether it happens or not as it is the PLAN now!) ...because I'd rather spend my limited time here talking Shanghai, or Disney's film strategy or hey ... what if I told you that Disney has allowed TEA to undercount DLR attendance since the DCA relaunch and to undercount significantly ... as in millions? Ah, a tale for later. Besides, we all know that WDW is the most popular and bestest Disney resort in the world and that TDL and DL could never possibly best it. Of course, by Year Two of Shanghai Disneyland, the Chinese Communist Party will be dictating just how popular and attended both DL and WDW are ... again, way to go Bob. You are in control.
So, you're saying the Chinese government will force TWDC to lie about attendance in the US to make the China park look more popular. These days, I don't doubt that at all.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

As to park photography not being 'fine art' well Castro probably would not recognize 'fine art' if it bit him, Fine art photography is not defined by the subject matter it's defined by the image and the final print, I've won a couple juried competitions with images taken at WDW, You can rest assured I left out WHERE the image was taken. And probably only a few people here would recognize where I took the images because the visualization was based on pattern and texture rather than a recognizable subject.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom