Marvel coming to WDW?!?!

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
You know, Hope, I had a quote from a friend/source recently and had no idea where to run it and I think I'm just going to insert it here (no fanboi jokes, please) regarding management at P&R (in this case at DLR, but with a guy who was a WDW vet until 2012) and how it plays into decisions like adding GotG to ToT.

"The only person more clueless than Chapek on this one is Michael Colglazier, who always has to remind everyone that he went to Stanford and Harvard and is obviously the smartest person in the room. Except when it comes to theme parks and the business of being a good host to 28 million or more paying guests per year, he's barely educated and really has no idea how the place runs or operates."

Yes, the man who has been running DLR for FOUR YEARS is still clueless about his business. Can you imagine being allowed to be clueless in your job for that long without being shown the door?

Mikey C went to Harvard, Interesting you know that means all his school papers are available for inspection don't you? all one needs to do is to do a HOLLIS (Harvard's library system) search on author.

janoimagine

Really? I think it only looks good at night, and even then it's not that great, just an improvement over its relatively flat and mediocre daytime aesthetic.

tower_of_terror_florida_vs_california.jpg

DCA's Tower of Terror was the last big but cheaped out project opened under the idiot duo Paul Pressler and Cynthia Harriss with Michael Eisner at the wheel and approving of their idiocy. It was that type of lowered expectations that led to all three of those execs being shown the door, and then Paul and Cynthia ruined The Gap and were shown the door there a few years later. Both are working in relative obscurity now, in mid level exec roles for small firms.
I've just always been a fan of the Deco style (in general) that Anaheim's is ... I like Florida's as well dont get me wrong, but I also liked that they fixed the location of the sign so that it's actually in the correct space and not in the space where it would have been destroyed by the lightening strike.

Last edited:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Nothing comes up. Go ahead, try.

Student papers will not come up on the public interface, There are multiple interfaces and student papers need to be searched from harvard itself with a harvard login

However for H.P. Lovecraft fans the Necrominicon should show up on the public interface however it's not available for loan... and the only other copy known to exist is at Miskatonic University.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I can't imagine that, at least not in any other industry but Disneyland. This has played out before, circa 1997-2003 with Pressler and Cynthia Harriss, and it ended horribly for both the park and those execs.

I watched Colglazier on the live feed of the Anaheim City Council meeting when they voted on the tax exemption, a meeting that lasted over six hours. It was obvious that Mr. Colglazier is, to put it politely, a stuffed shirt.

Lucky for Colglazier his big boss, Chapek, is just as clueless about operating theme parks as he is. How Disney corporate allows their cash cow and iconic properties to be run by guys like this is beyond me. Truly baffling.

This is is typical of failing US business organizations there is a insular 'inner circle' and assignments are based on who you know vs what you know.

Sam Magic

Did I just read that the CCP is effectively dicatating how popular other parks are so that the Shanghai numbers look good? Wouldn't it make more sense for Disney to just lie about Shanghai?

BrianLo

Parts of what made DL special dating to Walt's day have been and are being destroyed to make way for Bob Iger's Star Wars Experience. From killing decades old trees and removing DL's last truly quiet place and truncating the RoA nothing is being protected ... as to plussing, well a few scenes along the River may well be plussed. But that could have been done without shoehorning Bob's IP where it doesn't belong.

Well yes, Fort Wilderness truly was a quiet place because it hasn't been open to guests for years. ;)

In all earnestness, this discussion can never really go anywhere because it's nearly impossible for everyone to separate their opinions and feelings of Star Wars from the ROA changes.

I think some of the steam went out when people realized they are actually doing a good job with ROA conservation. Could it have been done without Star Wars coming in? Sure. But Disney would be content to let it further rot until it needed investment or replacement. At least this way it is arguably improved and secured for more decades to come, albeit truncated.

I'll mourn the mature trees, but apparently there will be a significant net gain in trees at the end of the day.

Jrn14

Is this going around on social media yet? Is there anyway someone could post this rumor in a negative fashion on Facebook as in "Disney Wants to Destroy this Classic Attraction" Share and comment if you think it's a bad idea... Just to safely nip this in the bud possibly? I feel like if enough negative attention is thrown at this it will die.

davis_unoxx

Is this going around on social media yet? Is there anyway someone could post this rumor in a negative fashion on Facebook as in "Disney Wants to Destroy this Classic Attraction" Share and comment if you think it's a bad idea... Just to safely nip this in the bud possibly? I feel like if enough negative attention is thrown at this it will die.
Great idea!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom