Marvel coming to WDW?!?!

Cesar R M

No prize answer- one of the "cosmic" entities, like the Grandmaster or the Beyonder, just thinks a 1930s hotel would be a neat challenge for the Guardians. Heck, if Star Trek can have a planet that never encountered Earth and yet STILL looks like an old gangster movie....
You cant blame Star Trek for being a "romantic" scifi space opera with tiny budget.. where most of it went to pay Shatner's ego.

Cesar R M

Brief clarification- you might not like it, but Stitch is one of the most intricate, advanced audio-animatronics ever produced. Not sure how that fits in with "quick and cheap".
Still, its amazing how they let these "amazing" animatronics fall into despair.

Yeti is not working for almost a decade now.
And I seen Stitch's skin falling apart in January. (huge rip in the cheek and smaller ones in the back)

Cesar R M

I also question why Disney didn't just buy Spiderman full movie rights outright from Sony, instead of working out this deal. Maybe it's just one step into eventually reacquiring the rights completely, but I expected them to be a bit more aggressive.
I think because Disney is cheap and Sony knows Disney can pretty much kill spiderman in the same way Disney is trying to kill the Fantastic Four (aka reducing the comics output, removing the toys, etc..)

Matt_Black

I think because Disney is cheap and Sony knows Disney can pretty much kill spiderman in the same way Disney is trying to kill the Fantastic Four (aka reducing the comics output, removing the toys, etc..)

I don't think they'd ever try to kill Spider-Man; Spider-Man moves a ton of merch, and the cartoon (Disney has the TV rights again) is fairly well regarded. By comparison, no one has really given a crap about the Fantastic Four for about 20 years, at least.

Cesar R M

I remember when Stitch's Great Escape got announced and after seeing Lilo And Stitch a year prior. While I never went on it, seeing Stitch portrayed as his former mischievous/evil self made me scared of Stitch for a few years until I started watching Lilo And Stitch The Series. Heck Stitch added in the Tokyo version of the Tiki Room was more positive compared to Great Escape.
Well, because it was clear.

Stitch's great scape = pre lilo friendship.
Stitch in tiki room = post lilo friendship.

Cesar R M

your version is way better than my older one :hilarious::hilarious:

but I think my one was more cynical.
whatshouldwedo2.jpg

Phase two Frozenland, being built in a different park? I think I know where this is going:
View attachment 136430
The Arendelle Express!

dear god.. NO!!!
Would make more sense to make a Zootopia ride.
AKL = rainforest district
EPCOT = zootopia Savanna Central / downtown
DHS = Sahara Square

Cesar R M

Some of the people that are being named here as Disney reps do NOT exist as actual human beings. That would include Mr. Donaldson. It has even been suggested to me that some of these folks may not even be based anywhere near Orlando or Anaheim.

Disney is a good, caring, ethical company that feels it needs to make names up for employees to deal with customers.
Take it for what it is worth.

For people sending me notes, though, I can't do this for you. This isn't a job and I am not being compensated. Not as much as a cupcake ...
Agree.. you're probably talking to Akash Mandeep in India who was assigned a "redneck name" while serving as customer Rep.

An official announcement has been released today by Disney regarding the Tower of Terror© retheme. Iger was quoted as saying, "It's not
possible that ToT would be rethemed. That would be rediculous, and a sign that we are a company that doesn't care about quality.
Remember Rivers of Light©? That's something you're excited about. We are devoted to quality Disney Parks© experiences."
It's disturbing that Iger pronounces the copyright symbols in his speeches, but what can we do. Of course he refuses, it's a sign of his
laziness. Why can't he put the money into DHS?

For God's sake, DHS needs all it can get. This retheme is exactly what DHS needs to be refreshed. Disney needs to compete with several
outside parks which shall not be named, such as the current juggernaut theme park company in Orlando, SeaWorld. If Disney builds it,
Orlando could experience a massive influx of tourism. It's beneficial for both Disney, SeaWorld, and the obscure set of parks, Universal and
LEGOLAND. It also replaces that silly old Twilight Zone IP which hasn't been a cash cow since before the ride even opened. It's a
sign of future park improvements to come. I also heard that Disney puts secret messages in all their press releases, but I can't figure it out.

EDIT: messed up the second "L"
Where is this press release?

*edit*
oh nevermind, forgot how late I am on this thread.. x_X

I still wonder why the hell I stopped getting notifications from this thread when I was watching it earlier (as in a week or so ago)

Last edited:

Cesar R M

The only settings of those that are somewhat recognizable to the public are Asgard and Atlantis, which are based on mythology, the Cosmic Universe, which isn't that practical to implement as a land, and the microverse, which needs time to take hold. Lots of time.
A more recognizable image of Marvel is this:
maxresdefault.jpg

A ruined city isn't the ideal place to walk through and explore in a family theme park.
or you know, they could theme the darn tower as the stark's avenger tower.(at DCA) would make more sense than GOTG's guardians.
aka you're happily visiting the Avengers tower, Jarvis is doing the explanation of artifacts and tech..
Villains attack, you get droped a few times.
Iron man saves you..

There you go, a way better fit.. YOU WELCOME DISNEY!!

Cesar R M

Personally having never been a fan of graphic novels I cannot tell the difference between a Marvel Character and a DC Character but in my opinion there are simply too many of them PERIOD,

I like popcorn flicks and superhero flicks work well in that role, and the first Iron Man made Iron Man the unofficial mascot at MIT because of the scenes of Tony Stark and Jarvis building the first real suit if you have ever been part of a major R&D project you understand just how realistic those scenes are and how you unintentionally break stuff during the creative process.

But still Iron Man 3 felt forced it simply was not as much FUN as Iron Man was and that I think is the risk in the current strategy.
Whats ironic is that the DC universe is pretty much a skewed Marvel universe.
Theres character that mimic each other perfectly just with different appearances.. but same powers.

Matt_Black

Whats ironic is that the DC universe is pretty much a skewed Marvel universe.
Theres character that mimic each other perfectly just with different appearances.. but same powers.

Ah, no. No, no, no. You can even see that in the Marvel vs DC from the 90s, where some of the match-ups, like Namor/ Aquaman and Flash/ Quicksilver, make sense, but then you get into things like Nightwing/ Gambit, Jubilee/ Robin, and ESPECIALLY Storm/ Wonder Woman.

Mike S

your version is way better than my older one :hilarious::hilarious:

but I think my one was more cynical.
View attachment 137104
Not mine. I forget who posted it originally.
dear god.. NO!!!
Would make more sense to make a Zootopia ride.
AKL = rainforest district
EPCOT = zootopia Savanna Central / downtown
DHS = Sahara Square
I've been thinking of an attraction for Zootopia. Spider-Man meets Men In Black as you zip through the streets of Zootopia as new recruits for the ZPD with Nick and Judy. Screens for high speed chase sections and physical sets and AA's for other areas going through all the different districts.

You're welcome Disney.

Cesar R M

Ah, no. No, no, no. You can even see that in the Marvel vs DC from the 90s, where some of the match-ups, like Namor/ Aquaman and Flash/ Quicksilver, make sense, but then you get into things like Nightwing/ Gambit, Jubilee/ Robin, and ESPECIALLY Storm/ Wonder Woman.
well, some were outright copies..
See Wasp vs Bumblebee...

Some were even cynical... like Deathstroke vs deadpool (even the names sorta line up on their personal level.. thanks to Mr. Liefeld.. one of the worst hacks in the comic industry.. Interestingly that deadpool got then later a overhaul.. Where they made him a mix of spiderman and wolverine.. funny, lots of banter and still deadly.)

Matt_Black

well, some were outright copies..
See Wasp vs Bumblebee...

Some were even cynical... like Deathstroke vs deadpool (even the names sorta line up on their personal level.. thanks to Mr. Liefeld.. one of the worst hacks in the comic industry.. Interestingly that deadpool got then later a overhaul.. Where they made him a mix of spiderman and wolverine.. funny, lots of banter and still deadly.)

Liefeld doesn't count, as he will happily rip off the New Teen Titans at any opportunity (see also Youngblood, which featured a red-headed archer character who is in NO way a thinly veiled Speedy).

And let's not even pretend that Marvel is somehow above borrowing or outright copying ideas. The controversy about the Doom Patrol/ X-Men similarities aside, Daredevil, Thor, and Spider-Man all lifted ideas from previous published Golden Age characters from other companies.

Mike S

Liefeld doesn't count, as he will happily rip off the New Teen Titans at any opportunity (see also Youngblood, which featured a red-headed archer character who is in NO way a thinly veiled Speedy).

And let's not even pretend that Marvel is somehow above borrowing or outright copying ideas. The controversy about the Doom Patrol/ X-Men similarities aside, Daredevil, Thor, and Spider-Man all lifted ideas from previous published Golden Age characters from other companies.
What did Spider-Man steal from?

tl77

Marvel has a deal with Sony to use Spider-Man. Sony still technically has the rights.

Actually Disney now "owns" the film rights to Spiderman but they are "leasing" them to Sony, who producing the stand alone Spiderman films, and as part of that deal/exchange Sony got exclusives to Star Wars video game content on their Play Station video game system. That's why you currently can only get Star Wars Battle front on Playstation and the Infinity Star Wars had Boba Fete as an exclusive for the first six months or something to that effect

But in August of this year, 2016, Disney is allowing their Distribution Rights to DreamWorks Films expire, the upcoming Disney/Spielberg/Dreamworks film "BFG" (aka Big Friendly Giant) is the final Dreamworks Film Disney will be handling as part of that contract, and though it hasn't been officially announced Universal will probably inherit the Dreamworks film rights in an exchange for the Marvel Theme Park rights in Orlando... will have to wait and see a few more months

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom