Marvel coming to WDW?!?!

asianway

tl77: that is all very wrong. First off the MCU doesn't include anything from sony or fox. Plus no one apart from universal can do anything marvel in the east coast unless disney and uni get a deal done which probably isn't happening due yo them pumping money in redoing hulk and spiderman at IOA recently.
I nominate @tl77 for the title of "guy who's never right about anything"

I've had him on ignore so long...have I missed anything good?

FigmentJedi

Marvel has a deal with Sony to use Spider-Man. Sony still technically has the rights.
Yup, because with how much of a failure the ASM movies were, they realized it'd be better to let Marvel do all the creative work and just get their cut.

Would be nice if they could work things out with Universal so they could do solo Hulk movies again and bring Namor into the MCU (Universal's been sitting on the movie rights to him all these years).

Mike S

I would punch an old man in the throat if that meant we got a Ruffalo Grey Hulk movie. Because Mark Ruffalo would kill it as Joe Fix-It.
I only know who that is from the video game Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction. Best. Secret character. Ever :hilarious:

Edit: also savage Banner :hilarious:

Last edited:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Well since this seems to be getting more and more confusing by the minute with rumors of Tower of Terror remodels and new "intergalactic looking rock work" on the concept art next to Toy Story Land. I'm going to let you all in on what spoiler hating comic book nerds know to be true about the forth coming Marvel films, and maybe somebody around here knows something solid they would like to share as well...

First off, since Disney bought Marvel they're main focus has been the Marvel film division's plan to consolidate all the live action versions of Marvel the characters across Marvel/Disney Studios, Sony Pictures, and 20th Century Fox, ABC television, and the Netfilx series into a single "Marvel Cinematic Universe". This plan is 2 fold, 1 this is how Marvel tells their stories in their comic books and those stories are the basis of the Films and TV projects, and 2, the content and locations of the films and tv shows will then end up being the basis for the immersive themed lands in Disney's parks... and they are about a month away from putting this plan into action

May 6th 2016 "Captain America: Civil Wars" hits theaters, it the start of the MCU's Phase 3, it will introduce the new Sony Picture's new Spiderman played by Tom Holland, and the story line of Civil War in the comic books played out across several of Marvel's titles including the Fantastic 4 and X-Men... who coincidently have a film in theater just 3 weeks after "Captain America: Civil War"

May 27th 2016 "X-Men Apocalypse" hits theaters, no one has a clue what it's about, the story is a crazy "time travel paradox" that is a little hard to follow, but it's the final film in the current X-Men trilogy, and seems like the perfect point for the X-men character's to step into the MCU story continuity, which may be part of the story of the film itself... or something pointing to the X-Men joining the MCU could be reveled in a post credits scene, but this is how Marvel and their fans like to see "what's next" in the ongoing MCU storyline.

For example, at the end of the first "Iron Man" film in 2008, which was also the beginning of the MCU Phase 1, Samuel L Jackson as Nick Fury revealed to Robert Downey Jr./Tony Stark/Iron Man the plans for the "Avengers Initiative" which was a sub plot that baisclly announced the an "Avengers" film was on the horizon and eventually arrived in theater in 2012, but Marvel goes to great lengths to keep these plot lines a secret and non-disclosure agreements prevent the cast and crew from "telling the truth" or even go so far as "inventing cover stories" to tell the media in order to prevent spoilers for the Marvel fans who pay to see these films in the theaters, and also it's better to lie to the press to avoid breaking any kind of non-disclosure agreements and getting yourself sued...

but 2 short weeks after "X-Men Apocalypse" hits theaters...

June 10th 2016 Universal Pictures "Warcraft" will be released. The film is based on the expansive "World of Warcraft" on-line video game and is being produced by Legendary Pictures, who are the team responsible for Warner Brother's "Dark Knight" Batman trilogy and Universal's 2015 "Jurassic World", and if "Warcraft" is the hit movie Universal hopes it will be it, that will most likely end up being be a "cinematic universe" type film franchise for them, and something they could then build a themed lands at their theme parks "all around the world" instead of "just Orlando"

If all 3 of these films end up doing well at the box office, maybe as soon as the 2016 San Diego Comic Con, on July 20th-24th, there could be some kind of news about the future of the MCU and a possible Warcraft franchise... perhaps even a deal between Disney and Universal over Marvel in Orlando... maybe as Universal's new King Kong attraction opens this summer, their Marvel Island will shut down form a World of War Craft retheme... how hard would it be to turn a Hulk coaster into an Orc coaster? Marvel characters and content may come trickling into WDW's Hollywood Studios soon after. New York City is home and the home of both the Avengers and Spiderman, and upstate New York is where the X-men's Secret School is located, so having a section of DHS already themed to NYC is awfully convenient, and would make a very nice, cost effective, short term, Star Wars Launch Bay type of home for the Marvel characters. Maybe the new "intergalactic looking rock work" in the Toy Story Land concept art is Star Wars related, or maybe it's something to do with Thor's home world or the Guardians of the Galaxy, and if NY street is still standing in November when the new Muppets Courtyard opens, maybe the Osborne "LIGHTS" will be back with a "MARVELous" new name... something along the same lines a "Seasons of the Force"?

so anyway... I guess everyone is going to have to go see these movies, because I highly doubt anything will be confirmed or denied before then, because anyone who does know what's going on, isn't going say anything about it for fear of breaking a non-disclosure agreement

Or more likely Disney is going to oversaturate the 'Superhero' genre and people will stop going, Never cared for graphic novels and I'll go to a popcorn superhero movie but I'm already feeling superhero fatigue.

Matt_Black

Or more likely Disney is going to oversaturate the 'Superhero' genre and people will stop going, Never cared for graphic novels and I'll go to a popcorn superhero movie but I'm already feeling superhero fatigue.

If the superhero genre gets played out, it won't be Disney/ Marvel's fault. It's more likely to be DC, who seem to be aping what's popular without understanding WHY it's popular. Marvel has been so successful not because they're making excellent superhero films (even though they are), they're pushing the boundaries of what superhero movies can be. Winter Soldier was a political thriller, Iron Man 3 was technological thriller, Ant-Man was a heist movie, Thor riffs on Tolkein-esque imagery at times, etc.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
If the superhero genre gets played out, it won't be Disney/ Marvel's fault. It's more likely to be DC, who seem to be aping what's popular without understanding WHY it's popular. Marvel has been so successful not because they're making excellent superhero films (even though they are), they're pushing the boundaries of what superhero movies can be. Winter Soldier was a political thriller, Iron Man 3 was technological thriller, Ant-Man was a heist movie, Thor riffs on Tolkein-esque imagery at times, etc.

Personally having never been a fan of graphic novels I cannot tell the difference between a Marvel Character and a DC Character but in my opinion there are simply too many of them PERIOD,

I like popcorn flicks and superhero flicks work well in that role, and the first Iron Man made Iron Man the unofficial mascot at MIT because of the scenes of Tony Stark and Jarvis building the first real suit if you have ever been part of a major R&D project you understand just how realistic those scenes are and how you unintentionally break stuff during the creative process.

But still Iron Man 3 felt forced it simply was not as much FUN as Iron Man was and that I think is the risk in the current strategy.

Matt_Black

I enjoyed it. And they let Shane Black be Shane Black instead of trying to force him to do something he can't really do. As someone elsewhere on the internet said, this might have been the Shane Blackiest movie that Shane Black has ever written & directed, and yet it still felt true to what came before from other people.

As far as too many superheroes? You think so, but I'm guessing you're not a fan. Personally, I think there are too many sports teams, but then I don't really give a rat's hiney about sports.

Cletus

I enjoyed it. And they let Shane Black be Shane Black instead of trying to force him to do something he can't really do. As someone elsewhere on the internet said, this might have been the Shane Blackiest movie that Shane Black has ever written & directed, and yet it still felt true to what came before from other people.

As far as too many superheroes? You think so, but I'm guessing you're not a fan. Personally, I think there are too many sports teams, but then I don't really give a rat's hiney about sports.

I like sports AND superheroes, but I agree that there are way too many damn superhero movies saturating the market. Deadpool was a breath of fresh air.

Matt_Black

I don't mind there being a lot of superhero movies, as long as there's a wide variety of styles. Marvel has their thing, we've got family fare via Big Hero 6 and the forthcoming Incredibles 2, Deadpool showed that R-rated supers can fly, and if you like grim, joyless overly long melodrama, well, there's Batman vs. Superman!

Quinnmac000

So I was on a bus the other day at Disneyworld leaving Animal Kingdom and this girl was so excited talking with her family really loud so I couldn't help but overhear. She was like you know GOTG is coming to Disney Hollywood studios right? Like they are going to take apart everything in Hollywood Studios near Tower of terror and replace it with the rides from Universal because they can't have them since Disney has the rights to Marvel and Tower of Terror is going to become Guardians of the Galaxy. I am telling you with Star Wars and Marvel Disney Hollywood Studios is going to be legit awesome.

I kept my mouth shut but I so wanted to be like besides the GOTG thing potentially happening all the rest of the stuff you said is wrong.

Mike S

So I was on a bus the other day at Disneyworld leaving Animal Kingdom and this girl was so excited talking with her family really loud so I couldn't help but overhear. She was like you know GOTG is coming to Disney Hollywood studios right? Like they are going to take apart everything in Hollywood Studios near Tower of terror and replace it with the rides from Universal because they can't have them since Disney has the rights to Marvel and Tower of Terror is going to become Guardians of the Galaxy. I am telling you with Star Wars and Marvel Disney Hollywood Studios is going to be legit awesome.

I kept my mouth shut but I so wanted to be like besides the GOTG thing potentially happening all the rest of the stuff you said is wrong.
She was excited for GotToT? Some people just don't get it as long as they see characters A, B, and C from stuff they like :facepalm:

Quinnmac000

She was excited for GotToT? Some people just don't get it as long as they see characters A, B, and C from stuff they like :facepalm:

If anything she was extremely animated and vocal about how great Marvel is so I'm sure she was over the moon and would be the first one there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom