Marvel coming to WDW?!?!

The characters would provide the recognizable element. If we really must dangle the carrot of familiarity in front of the sheep, pardon me "guests", to get them to want to go on rides, then all the marvel characters that regularly live in/explore/interact with these worlds would be the draw, and the worlds themselves would be the interesting part, since you're the one who claimed Marvel had no remarkable locales. Not to mention that quite a few of these places will be explored in the upcoming movies and tv series.

No Name

image.jpeg

I'll put this here, for what it's worth. This piece of art is on the new construction walls put up in the last couple of days. I'm not taking it as a guarantee of the ride's future, but it's certainly not a bad sign.

The depiction of the building is odd. And a closer and slightly clearer picture of the art would be nice, particularly since we can't see the figures inside of the evelator. But now I'm being picky. I'm just happy that it reads "The Twilight Zone ... Tower of Terror," even if it means nothing about the ride's future.

No Name

It looks like a retro poster. Could be fairly old. I can tell from old photos/videos that there were similar promos when the ToT was in construction.

Alright then. So it's old art, I wasn't aware. Thanks.

That's fine though, because clearly a decision was made, at some level of the company, to put that piece of artwork up. It didn't need to be there. There's no art of the 4 other rides, at least not that I'm aware of. I haven't seen the full wall in pictures, but you'd think that, if the rumored change was leaning toward actually happening, they would've chosen something else from their vast array of options.

Or maybe I am completely off on this. Maybe it was chosen specifically for that reason. We just don't know.

WDWLover#1

The rumoured gotg tot thing - did nobody even want to see it at least? It's only a limited thing after all. I just feel like we would have seen more overlays, like Disneyland, if it did go ahead, but now Disney is probably scared to touch anything now.
I look at it like this - can you imagine the uproar that would've happened today if they announced HMH. I bet everyone would be moaning and pulling the Walt card/Disney card/not like it used to be card. And yet it's now universally (mostly) loved and a favourite of many at Christmas. I would have been really intrigued into what it'd be.
What is true is that I don't get the choice of the Hollywood tower hotel thematically.
I wonder if it does go to exclusively DCA (this rumour) everyone will love it and then complain that it didn't come to the world. Only because Disney got such a backlash from WDW fans.

Edit: also I've not kept up with this thread so disregard if this discussion has already been had

tribbleorlfl

View attachment 136790

I'll put this here, for what it's worth. This piece of art is on the new construction walls put up in the last couple of days. I'm not taking it as a guarantee of the ride's future, but it's certainly not a bad sign.

The depiction of the building is odd. And a closer and slightly clearer picture of the art would be nice, particularly since we can't see the figures inside of the evelator. But now I'm being picky. I'm just happy that it reads "The Twilight Zone ... Tower of Terror," even if it means nothing about the ride's future.
That's definitely the concept art that was on the billboard just outside the park entrance in the early years. The Hollywood Tower definitely looked different, with the whole top of the tower exposed.

tl77

Well since this seems to be getting more and more confusing by the minute with rumors of Tower of Terror remodels and new "intergalactic looking rock work" on the concept art next to Toy Story Land. I'm going to let you all in on what spoiler hating comic book nerds know to be true about the forth coming Marvel films, and maybe somebody around here knows something solid they would like to share as well...

First off, since Disney bought Marvel they're main focus has been the Marvel film division's plan to consolidate all the live action versions of Marvel the characters across Marvel/Disney Studios, Sony Pictures, and 20th Century Fox, ABC television, and the Netfilx series into a single "Marvel Cinematic Universe". This plan is 2 fold, 1 this is how Marvel tells their stories in their comic books and those stories are the basis of the Films and TV projects, and 2, the content and locations of the films and tv shows will then end up being the basis for the immersive themed lands in Disney's parks... and they are about a month away from putting this plan into action

May 6th 2016 "Captain America: Civil Wars" hits theaters, it the start of the MCU's Phase 3, it will introduce the new Sony Picture's new Spiderman played by Tom Holland, and the story line of Civil War in the comic books played out across several of Marvel's titles including the Fantastic 4 and X-Men... who coincidently have a film in theater just 3 weeks after "Captain America: Civil War"

May 27th 2016 "X-Men Apocalypse" hits theaters, no one has a clue what it's about, the story is a crazy "time travel paradox" that is a little hard to follow, but it's the final film in the current X-Men trilogy, and seems like the perfect point for the X-men character's to step into the MCU story continuity, which may be part of the story of the film itself... or something pointing to the X-Men joining the MCU could be reveled in a post credits scene, but this is how Marvel and their fans like to see "what's next" in the ongoing MCU storyline.

For example, at the end of the first "Iron Man" film in 2008, which was also the beginning of the MCU Phase 1, Samuel L Jackson as Nick Fury revealed to Robert Downey Jr./Tony Stark/Iron Man the plans for the "Avengers Initiative" which was a sub plot that baisclly announced the an "Avengers" film was on the horizon and eventually arrived in theater in 2012, but Marvel goes to great lengths to keep these plot lines a secret and non-disclosure agreements prevent the cast and crew from "telling the truth" or even go so far as "inventing cover stories" to tell the media in order to prevent spoilers for the Marvel fans who pay to see these films in the theaters, and also it's better to lie to the press to avoid breaking any kind of non-disclosure agreements and getting yourself sued...

but 2 short weeks after "X-Men Apocalypse" hits theaters...

June 10th 2016 Universal Pictures "Warcraft" will be released. The film is based on the expansive "World of Warcraft" on-line video game and is being produced by Legendary Pictures, who are the team responsible for Warner Brother's "Dark Knight" Batman trilogy and Universal's 2015 "Jurassic World", and if "Warcraft" is the hit movie Universal hopes it will be it, that will most likely end up being be a "cinematic universe" type film franchise for them, and something they could then build a themed lands at their theme parks "all around the world" instead of "just Orlando"

If all 3 of these films end up doing well at the box office, maybe as soon as the 2016 San Diego Comic Con, on July 20th-24th, there could be some kind of news about the future of the MCU and a possible Warcraft franchise... perhaps even a deal between Disney and Universal over Marvel in Orlando... maybe as Universal's new King Kong attraction opens this summer, their Marvel Island will shut down form a World of War Craft retheme... how hard would it be to turn a Hulk coaster into an Orc coaster? Marvel characters and content may come trickling into WDW's Hollywood Studios soon after. New York City is home and the home of both the Avengers and Spiderman, and upstate New York is where the X-men's Secret School is located, so having a section of DHS already themed to NYC is awfully convenient, and would make a very nice, cost effective, short term, Star Wars Launch Bay type of home for the Marvel characters. Maybe the new "intergalactic looking rock work" in the Toy Story Land concept art is Star Wars related, or maybe it's something to do with Thor's home world or the Guardians of the Galaxy, and if NY street is still standing in November when the new Muppets Courtyard opens, maybe the Osborne "LIGHTS" will be back with a "MARVELous" new name... something along the same lines a "Seasons of the Force"?

so anyway... I guess everyone is going to have to go see these movies, because I highly doubt anything will be confirmed or denied before then, because anyone who does know what's going on, isn't going say anything about it for fear of breaking a non-disclosure agreement

matt9112

I completely agre! I think this is why Universal had a hard time and resorted to giant cut out characters thrown all over their "land" and it looks so bad! Yes I think Disney movies lend themselves to more immersive theming for sure....

Marvel superhero island was built under the comic bookish look because the true cinematic universe didn't exsist sure there where movies out but they weren't all that. The comics where a safer bet. And at that time period a smart move universal has elevated itself.

lazyboy97o

I'll be the first to say no, just no. I completely apologize if my previous marvel posts in any way brought about the ridiculous ideas that were just posted. Let's get back on topic.
You can't really be held responsible for special ideas. It's just good to know that Universal isn't in the process of wasting a bunch of time and money on rebuilding The Incredible Hulk.

wdrive

You can't really be held responsible for special ideas. It's just good to know that Universal isn't in the process of wasting a bunch of time and money on rebuilding The Incredible Hulk.

The Incredible Hulk is probably one of the easiest rides to retheme in both Disney and Universal.

FigmentJedi

Well since this seems to be getting more and more confusing by the minute with rumors of Tower of Terror remodels and new "intergalactic looking rock work" on the concept art next to Toy Story Land. I'm going to let you all in on what spoiler hating comic book nerds know to be true about the forth coming Marvel films, and maybe somebody around here knows something solid they would like to share as well...

First off, since Disney bought Marvel they're main focus has been the Marvel film division's plan to consolidate all the live action versions of Marvel the characters across Marvel/Disney Studios, Sony Pictures, and 20th Century Fox, ABC television, and the Netfilx series into a single "Marvel Cinematic Universe". This plan is 2 fold, 1 this is how Marvel tells their stories in their comic books and those stories are the basis of the Films and TV projects, and 2, the content and locations of the films and tv shows will then end up being the basis for the immersive themed lands in Disney's parks... and they are about a month away from putting this plan into action

May 6th 2016 "Captain America: Civil Wars" hits theaters, it the start of the MCU's Phase 3, it will introduce the new Sony Picture's new Spiderman played by Tom Holland, and the story line of Civil War in the comic books played out across several of Marvel's titles including the Fantastic 4 and X-Men... who coincidently have a film in theater just 3 weeks after "Captain America: Civil War"

May 27th 2016 "X-Men Apocalypse" hits theaters, no one has a clue what it's about, the story is a crazy "time travel paradox" that is a little hard to follow, but it's the final film in the current X-Men trilogy, and seems like the perfect point for the X-men character's to step into the MCU story continuity, which may be part of the story of the film itself... or something pointing to the X-Men joining the MCU could be reveled in a post credits scene, but this is how Marvel and their fans like to see "what's next" in the ongoing MCU storyline.

For example, at the end of the first "Iron Man" film in 2008, which was also the beginning of the MCU Phase 1, Samuel L Jackson as Nick Fury revealed to Robert Downey Jr./Tony Stark/Iron Man the plans for the "Avengers Initiative" which was a sub plot that baisclly announced the an "Avengers" film was on the horizon and eventually arrived in theater in 2012, but Marvel goes to great lengths to keep these plot lines a secret and non-disclosure agreements prevent the cast and crew from "telling the truth" or even go so far as "inventing cover stories" to tell the media in order to prevent spoilers for the Marvel fans who pay to see these films in the theaters, and also it's better to lie to the press to avoid breaking any kind of non-disclosure agreements and getting yourself sued...

but 2 short weeks after "X-Men Apocalypse" hits theaters...

June 10th 2016 Universal Pictures "Warcraft" will be released. The film is based on the expansive "World of Warcraft" on-line video game and is being produced by Legendary Pictures, who are the team responsible for Warner Brother's "Dark Knight" Batman trilogy and Universal's 2015 "Jurassic World", and if "Warcraft" is the hit movie Universal hopes it will be it, that will most likely end up being be a "cinematic universe" type film franchise for them, and something they could then build a themed lands at their theme parks "all around the world" instead of "just Orlando"

If all 3 of these films end up doing well at the box office, maybe as soon as the 2016 San Diego Comic Con, on July 20th-24th, there could be some kind of news about the future of the MCU and a possible Warcraft franchise... perhaps even a deal between Disney and Universal over Marvel in Orlando... maybe as Universal's new King Kong attraction opens this summer, their Marvel Island will shut down form a World of War Craft retheme... how hard would it be to turn a Hulk coaster into an Orc coaster? Marvel characters and content may come trickling into WDW's Hollywood Studios soon after. New York City is home and the home of both the Avengers and Spiderman, and upstate New York is where the X-men's Secret School is located, so having a section of DHS already themed to NYC is awfully convenient, and would make a very nice, cost effective, short term, Star Wars Launch Bay type of home for the Marvel characters. Maybe the new "intergalactic looking rock work" in the Toy Story Land concept art is Star Wars related, or maybe it's something to do with Thor's home world or the Guardians of the Galaxy, and if NY street is still standing in November when the new Muppets Courtyard opens, maybe the Osborne "LIGHTS" will be back with a "MARVELous" new name... something along the same lines a "Seasons of the Force"?

so anyway... I guess everyone is going to have to go see these movies, because I highly doubt anything will be confirmed or denied before then, because anyone who does know what's going on, isn't going say anything about it for fear of breaking a non-disclosure agreement
X-Men aren't coming back any time soon. In fact, the comics are already planning some event (called "Death of X") that'll kill most of the mutants off or dump them into their own universe independent from the rest of Marvel. That's why they've been shilling Inhumans so hard, that's their X-Men replacement.

WDWLover#1

tl77: that is all very wrong. First off the MCU doesn't include anything from sony or fox. Plus no one apart from universal can do anything marvel in the east coast unless disney and uni get a deal done which probably isn't happening due yo them pumping money in redoing hulk and spiderman at IOA recently.

Mike S

tl77: that is all very wrong. First off the MCU doesn't include anything from sony or fox. Plus no one apart from universal can do anything marvel in the east coast unless disney and uni get a deal done which probably isn't happening due yo them pumping money in redoing hulk and spiderman at IOA recently.
Marvel has a deal with Sony to use Spider-Man. Sony still technically has the rights.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom