Marvel coming to WDW?!?!

TeriofTerror

An official announcement has been released today by Disney regarding the Tower of Terror© retheme. Iger was quoted as saying, "It's not
possible that ToT would be rethemed. That would be rediculous, and a sign that we are a company that doesn't care about quality.
Remember Rivers of Light©? That's something you're excited about. We are devoted to quality Disney Parks© experiences."
It's disturbing that Iger pronounces the copyright symbols in his speeches, but what can we do. Of course he refuses, it's a sign of his
laziness. Why can't he put the money into DHS?

For God's sake, DHS needs all it can get. This retheme is exactly what DHS needs to be refreshed. Disney needs to compete with several
outside parks which shall not be named, such as the current juggernaut theme park company in Orlando, SeaWorld. If Disney builds it,
Orlando could experience a massive influx of tourism. It's beneficial for both Disney, SeaWorld, and the obscure set of parks, Universal and
lslands of Aventure. It also replaces that silly old Twilight Zone IP which hasn't been a cash cow since before the ride even opened. It's a
sign of future park improvements to come. I also heard that Disney puts secret messages in all their press releases, but I can't figure it out.
April Fools'?

Ripken10

today would be a great day for any business like Disney to announce really bad news...people would think it is an April Fool's joke. Have someone make sure a few really bad fake stories get pushed on social media as well as April Fool's jokes and by the time anybody realizes which is true the initial pain is gone.

PhotoDave219

An official announcement has been released today by Disney regarding the Tower of Terror© retheme. Iger was quoted as saying, "It's not
possible that ToT would be rethemed. That would be rediculous, and a sign that we are a company that doesn't care about quality.
Remember Rivers of Light©? That's something you're excited about. We are devoted to quality Disney Parks© experiences."
It's disturbing that Iger pronounces the copyright symbols in his speeches, but what can we do. Of course he refuses, it's a sign of his
laziness. Why can't he put the money into DHS?

For God's sake, DHS needs all it can get. This retheme is exactly what DHS needs to be refreshed. Disney needs to compete with several
outside parks which shall not be named, such as the current juggernaut theme park company in Orlando, SeaWorld. If Disney builds it,
Orlando could experience a massive influx of tourism. It's beneficial for both Disney, SeaWorld, and the obscure set of parks, Universal and
lslands of Aventure. It also replaces that silly old Twilight Zone IP which hasn't been a cash cow since before the ride even opened. It's a
sign of future park improvements to come. I also heard that Disney puts secret messages in all their press releases, but I can't figure it out.

MississippiBelle

Does anyone else sometimes think that maybe Marvel in general isn't the best property for a theme park?
I've probably posted this before, but the predominate theme of most Marvel comics for the majority of their run is the interjection of extraordinary people into modern, if unremarkable settings, usually New York. This might make for a good film, and obviously makes for popular comic books, but I'm not sure it's ever going to translate especially well to a theme park area, where place, rather than story or character, must naturally be king.
Just thinking for a bit, ARE there many locations in the Marvel universe that would make for good theme park areas? Other than a new specific buildings, like the X-men mansion, I really can't think of many. This is probably why the Marvel area at Universal is such a disgusting, frightful mess, even if the attractions are excellent.

Something like Guardians of the Galaxy is actually more attractive, if only because it lets the Imagineers do Tomorrowland again.

Too bad they just demolished the unremarkable settings of the Streets of America! Somewhere, some poor little Disney intern is shredding all of his carefully drawn sketches for a Marvel overlay in that area. And another intern is still shocked that his joke about just shoehorning the overlay into ToT was(is?) actually considered.

Yellow Strap

He's incorrect re: Infinity War. DCA's plan is definitely permanent, can't speak for DHS (if it's still planned).

Correct and to eloborate...JimHill implied that GOTG is safe until Infinity Wars films because then GOTG will be in the same "family" as the Avengers. Not taking into account the original contract does not stipulate the medium this "family" takes place in. The GOTG have fought with the Avengers in the comics and on the animated Avengers Disney XD series recently. So them appearing in an upcoming movie, doesn't matter.
If they are free to be used in WDW now, they will be after 2018.

lazyboy97o

Correct and to eloborate...JimHill implied that GOTG is safe until Infinity Wars films because then GOTG will be in the same "family" as the Avengers. Not taking into account the original contract does not stipulate the medium this "family" takes place in. The GOTG have fought with the Avengers in the comics and on the animated Avengers Disney XD series recently. So them appearing in an upcoming movie, doesn't matter.
The films, due to their scope and cultural penetration, are something much more overt. It'd be hard to make the argument of exclusion when Chris Pratt and company's faces are everywhere advertising this 'unrelated' film.

PhotoDave219

It doesnt matter.

kpilcher

laziness. .

I severely doubt that is an official statement. It is ridiculous to think Iger's secretary wouldn't know how to spell ridiculous

rioriz

It doesnt matter.

What really kills me about deniers that Disney could use GotG is that people actually believe a company of this magnitude would send 1 minute or $1 even researching a concept they can't use....this is "cheap" Disney we are talking about.

They are not gonna risk having to go through litigation when sued by Universal.

Ignorance is bliss I guess

mickEblu

Mine was approved last night and taken down this morning. I don't understand why a respectful message from a fan actually praising the (current) attraction and expressing his/her opinion needs to be taken down.

EDIT: This makes you wonder why they would bother taking down these posts if there was no truth to this GOTG rumor. But that brings up another question. Just how much to do the Stevens of the world/ Disney Parks bloggers know about these current plans?

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

What really kills me about deniers that Disney could use GotG is that people actually believe a company of this magnitude would send 1 minute or $1 even researching a concept they can't use....this is "cheap" Disney we are talking about.

They are not gonna risk having to go through litigation when sued by Universal.

Ignorance is bliss I guess
You mean the same company that thought Luxo wouldn't mind them selling a branded imitation of their signature product?

rioriz

You mean the same company that thought Luxo wouldn't mind them selling a branded imitation of their signature product?

Half truths

Either way doing so on an attractions level is on another level.

I wish they would go ahead and build the damn this so all the deniers can sit and wait for decades for Universal to cry foul

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom