Marvel coming to WDW?!?!

Seabasealpha1

I also really like this whole CBS licensing thingy we have flying around here too...kinda reminds me of that discussion about licensing the GMR's appearance as a park icon....(old can o' worms there!)

Seabasealpha1

I am all for a Guardians takeover of Rock'nRoller Coaster. Time for Aerosmith to be replaced by Awesome Mix-Tape Volume 1.
I'd love to see multiple classic bands used...I'd sure as heck ride that thing to "Detroit Rock City" or "Panama" or "Limelight"...

Licensing nightmare I know...

hopemax

I don't doubt they told "Steven' to deny it to the fans.

I wonder if Steven or any of the other people working the emails/phones are even in the "need to know" loop? Do these people know what is in the pipeline before the necessary permits/legal/whatever need to be filed? Until this thing is 100% approved, the "need to know" would be kept small, right? Poor Steven might be as gobsmacked as the rest of us when his bosses show up with the new script announcing this synergistic project.

Launchpad McQuack

Disney just needs to say "We have The Incredibles. We have Darkwing Duck. We have Guardians of the Galaxy. We have Big Hero 6. We have a whole boat load of other Marvel heroes that Universal hasn't licensed. After Toy Story Land and Star Wars Land, it's time for Super Hero Land (title obviously subject to change, because that title is no good)."

You get a stage show of some kind (maybe with Darkwing and other Disney cartoon heroes fighting villains). You get a Gargoyles dark ride. You get a Spider-Man-like Incredibles ride. You get a Guardians coaster. You get the "Heroes' Hangout" M&G, where you meet the rotating cast of characters.

Chris82

I don't get it. Straight up 100% denial doesn't make any sense if they were really planning on doing it, it seems to me.

Maybe I'm missing something, but doesn't denial suggest an awareness that it's a really stupid/hated idea, which they wouldn't have if they were actually going through with it, right? It's not like the shock and horror would be any more muted if they wait to reveal that they're going through with it.

hokielutz

Now with all of these responses coming in to e-mail. (still waiting for mine) Do any of the 'reliable sources' on here have a working relationship with media outlets... starting with the Orlando Sentinel? Have them start asking questions and try to get an on the record denial of anything nefarious being planned for ToT.
I don't have media contacts... but maybe someone here does??

PhilharMagician

I'm glad I didn't see this thread over the weekend. Someone has really lost their effing mind to even propose this!! @WDW1974 has always been spot on with his info, but this one is over the top and tough to believe. While GotG is interesting thanks to Zoe Saldana in the movie, it should not replace WDI's crown jewel. This rumor sounds so absurd, but there has been a lot of changes lately @ WDW.

I can't even imagine what the next new bit of news could be. It's about time for "Save Disney 2.0"

MUTZIE77

I don't get it. Straight up 100% denial doesn't make any sense if they were really planning on doing it, it seems to me.

Maybe I'm missing something, but doesn't denial suggest an awareness that it's a really stupid/hated idea, which they wouldn't have if they were actually going through with it, right? It's not like the shock and horror would be any more muted if they wait to reveal that they're going through with it.
Of course they are going to flat out deny it, they know there will be backlash so they will deny deny deny until they are ready to start the retheme and then they will drop the news on a Friday afternoon and hope nobody notices.

SaveTowerofTerror

Of course they are going to flat out deny it, they know there will be backlash so they will deny deny deny until they are ready to start the retheme and then they will drop the news on a Friday afternoon and hope nobody notices.

I understand what you are saying, but then, what it is the point of making a retheming and try to hide it the best they can? If they want to bring people at the gate, they must at least explain their ideas right? I know this is mainly a financial decision, but if everyone is angry about it, this project will not even have the economic effect they want, so Disney will not even get anything with this one

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Because of the comparisons between the Save Toad campaign.

An article ran in the Orlando Sentinel Oct 22,1997 https://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/toad/os/os971022.html

The attraction was closed on Sept 7. 1998

As of Sept 4, 1998 Disney still would not confirm the ride was leaving. Here's an AP article about it:

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/article/19980904/News/309049921

Really...we need an official Disney spokesperson to confirm or deny this to make a fair comparison to toad. In the toad example here, the spokesperson "would neither confirm or deny the rumors". In this case so far, people have received phone calls where they are denying this. But nothing official from what I have seen...

hopemax

Really...we need an official Disney spokesperson to confirm or deny this to make a fair comparison to toad. In the toad example here, the spokesperson "would neither confirm or deny the rumors". In this case so far, people have received phone calls where they are denying this. But nothing official from what I have seen...

Right, but some people will take the phone call denials as "proof," it's not changing, when its no such thing.

MUTZIE77

I understand what you are saying, but then, what it is the point of making a retheming and try to hide it the best they can? If they want to bring people at the gate, they must at least explain their ideas right? I know this is mainly a financial decision, but if everyone is angry about it, this project will not even have the economic effect they want, so Disney will not even get anything with this one
Those of us that care enough to be that angry are greatly outnumbered by those that either are pixie dust snorters that think everything Disney does is amazing or people that are oblivious to the things going on at WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom