Marvel coming to WDW?!?!

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
UPDATE: So I just received a phone call from a "Steven" from the executive offices of George K. addressing my email and concerns about TOT turning into GOTG. He said it is just a rumor and 100% not happening. He said its probably an early April fools joke! I said this news is coming from very reliable sources in the online community who are always right. He said absolutely not, that they just realized this rumor was going around from the recent emails they have been getting. I had to laugh to myself.
Well, now we know for sure that it isn't happening.

Unless, of course, "Steven" is actually a bus driver. In which case, we now know that it definitely is happening!

Lance from Screamscape (a more reliable source cannot be found, 'natch ;):p) says the rumor has truth behind it when it comes to DCA and WDSP, but not DHS.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
If it was "just" a licencing issue, they already have a great example of how to re-theme the tower based on Tower of Terror at Tokyo Disney Sea. In fact, despite using the "4th Dimension-less" version of the attraction that all versions of the ride after the WDW had, many who have ridden the Disney Sea version find it to be one of the best towers simply because of the unique story/themeing.
I'll second that one. In fact, the theming and effects in the pre-show are so good (and, oddly, all in English in terms of props and written stuff) that the ride itself was a bit of a let-down (see what I did there). The second time I rode, I purposely made a "wrong" turn and redid some of the line before moving on.

alissafalco

Well, now we know for sure that it isn't happening.

Unless, of course, "Steven" is actually a bus driver. In which case, we now know that it definitely is happening!

Lance from Screamscape (a more reliable source cannot be found, 'natch ;):p) says the rumor has truth behind it when it comes to DCA and WDSP, but not DHS.
I don't doubt they told "Steven' to deny it to the fans.

Atomicmickey

UPDATE: So I just received a phone call from a "Steven" from the executive offices of George K. addressing my email and concerns about TOT turning into GOTG. He said it is just a rumor and 100% not happening. He said its probably an early April fools joke! I said this news is coming from very reliable sources in the online community who are always right. He said absolutely not, that they just realized this rumor was going around from the recent emails they have been getting. I had to laugh to myself.

Which sorta brings up the issue . . . if no one here is believing what they're hearing, how will we know
when it really is dead? I suppose one of @WDW1974 's sources will have to let him know it's off the table.
I would say we can't trust these phone calls, sadly. Disney's social media machine is so canned . . .

Olijimcha

So the CBS thing is true and instead of taking advantage of this to make a new original storyline (see Tokyo) they're shoving in the Guardians. After this nothing more can surprise me. I've said before that if the new Jungle Book movie is successful a ride could be cool. I've changed my mind because with this management it would most likely be an overlay of Jungle Cruise.
Cue the King Louie thread :)

seascape

@WDW1974 is usually correct and so maybe he is right and this stopped the change of TOT because of the outcry. I love TOT the way it is and hope it doesn't change. In any case what he reported that GOTG and Marvel is coming to WDW is good news. Disney should use Marvel IP at WDW and DHS is the place it should go. In the long run everyone will think of Marvel being at all Disney parks and it should be at all of them. Universal can keep what they have and keep paying Disney and even use the Marvel name, what they can't do is use that name anywhere else in the World, once the Japan contract expires in another 10 years. Lets hope the TOT change doesn't happen but that Marvel does come to WDW.

Seabasealpha1

Hulk meet-greet-and-grunts at EPCOT's World Showcase? Just give me a little time here ... and doncha think Howard the Duck would make a good replacement for Living With the Land? Or better yet ... how about adding him to a new version of The Tiki Room. You know the #tikibless and #cultofcitrus would groove on that.
If they were to add Howard the Duck to the Tiki Room, you can bet that they will be serving Duck Flambe in Adventureland... :)

Lucky

So the CBS thing is true and instead of taking advantage of this to make a new original storyline (see Tokyo) they're shoving in the Guardians. After this nothing more can surprise me. I've said before that if the new Jungle Book movie is successful a ride could be cool. I've changed my mind because with this management it would most likely be an overlay of Jungle Cruise.
Or Kali.

Seabasealpha1

For what it's worth, I would have much rather seen Thor take over at Epcot in the Norway pavilion...just saying...I would have had zero complaints...Anna and Elsa however...

Yes. I'm still bitter.

ToT retheme to Gaurdians...eh...hard pass...I don't see that being a good move with fans...plus, it's not like it has lost all popularity as it is now...

britain

Then come up with a generic story for the Tower and expunge the TZ from the ride. The system and look will still be the same, but will be a Haunted Mansion Tower o Terror now.

Or as you said... buy the IP.

But why go generic when you could attach an IP of your own? :devilish:

hopemax

Apparently, these people have forgotten that Zootopia doesn't fit in Frontierland at all. Half of the animals featured in the movie can't even be found in the American frontier.

[sarcasm] How cute, to believe those labels matter to anyone but a few "basement dwelling online folks, stuck living in the past."

Disneyland's Splash Mountain is in a land called "Critter Country." And for budgetary reasons it must be duplicated.

[/sarcasm]

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom