Marvel coming to WDW?!?!

lazyboy97o

1. That clause means the moment Hulk gets updated to present day MCU, the rest of Marvel Super Hero Island will have to get a similiar upgrade to fit the time line.So you aren't helping your cause pulling that out.
I don't think it means even that. Just that there needs to be a consistency of depicted timelines. The ride portion of The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man already deviates from the television show aesthetic still in the queue.

I'll agree with this part, anyway. On another message board, someone asked why Disney isn't fighting FOX harder to get back the Fantastic Four rights. I suggested that Disney doesn't care enough, and they want to play relatively nice with FOX in order to hopefully get the Star Wars Original Trilogy rights back someday.
Disney already made advances towards FOX when they made the first agreements with Sony. FOX told Disney to pound sand.

Universal would have to go to Marvel for approval though, but I guess that doesn't necessarily mean that Disney would be privy to the plans.
While focused on financial data, Disney made an agreement with the federal government that information regarding Universal Orlando Resort would not be shared with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. This is on top of the other non-disclosure agreements mentioned by @Quinnmac000. Marvel Entertainment is still its own entity with its own people.

Well, the depictions of the characters and land have been virtually unchanged since it opened. What other movie depictions are there if not for the gift shops? I'd like to know.
As already stated, a television show is not a comic book.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Disney already made advances towards FOX when they made the first agreements with Sony. FOX told Disney to pound sand.
Was that before or after Fant4stic was a miserable suckfest?

While focused on financial data, Disney made an agreement with the federal government that information regarding Universal Orlando Resort would not be shared with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. This is on top of the other non-disclosure agreements mentioned by @Quinnmac000. Marvel Entertainment is still its own entity with its own people.
That confidentiality is not all-encompassing. Disney has the rights to audit certain part of Universal's parks revenue, for example, to verify that Universal is paying appropriate licensing fees.

Quinnmac000

There have been rumors of Disney/Universal discussions about Marvel. The best I can tell, Universal holds most all of the cards, only in the gray areas like Guardians and the Cinematic Universe might there be a problem. So negotiations would probably be around that. From what I can tell the tradeoff is an agreement to not give Disney issues about using Guardians, and Universal gets to use the MCU. That makes a lot more sense than the speculation on screamscape, etc. (Which basically has no positives for Universal)

Facepalm Comcast can use MCU styling without Disney's permission as it is part of the official marvel style guide. End of. period. No negotiations had to be made.

The only reason they would have to go to Disney is to potentially get the actors on board and negotiate payments. Nothing else.

lazyboy97o

Was that before or after Fant4stic was a miserable suckfest?
Well before. Prior to The Amazing Spider-Man Disney and Sony came to an agreement where Sony's requirement to produce a film every so many years would be dropped in exchange for Disney getting the merchandise rights. Disney tried to approach FOX regarding their deal and were rebuffed.

That confidentiality is not all-encompassing. Disney has the rights to audit certain part of Universal's parks revenue, for example, to verify that Universal is paying appropriate licensing fees.
No, Marvel Entertainment is allowed to audit Universal and as a condition of approving the acquisition such information is not allowed anywhere near Walt Disney Parks and Resorts.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
No, Marvel Entertainment is allowed to audit Universal and as a condition of approving the acquisition such information is not allowed anywhere near Walt Disney Parks and Resorts.
That's completely hollow, and the SEC knows it. Even if the information never makes it to TDA or TDO, it ends up in Burbank.

Donaldfan1934

The fact you keep trying to argue with people who are in the know and have insider information on whats happening at Universal won't bode well for you.

1. That clause means the moment Hulk gets updated to present day MCU, the rest of Marvel Super Hero Island will have to get a similiar upgrade to fit the time line. So you aren't helping your cause pulling that out.

2. Disney may own Marvel but they can't let them owning Marvel affect anything in regards to the contract nor are Disney staff allowed to be privy to Universal plans for future attractions because you know because there are LAWS in place for stuff like that.

3. Comcast and Disney are choosing their own battles. Comcast and Disney may have a load of lawyers on retainer but I doubt they want to spend time in court over things that will end up hurting both of them later on.

1. That's part of my point. Shouldn't they've done that by now considering how Universal builds things at a relatively fast pace? I guess you could say they might've been limited by a lack of MCU Spiderman until this point. But even though there is one now, they're still limited by a lack of MCU Sinister Six.

2. I know Disney can't do anything about the contract by themselves. But some here were theorizing that an MCU themed do over of Marvel Superhero Island might be possible if rumors about contract negotiations with Disney were true. I was just saying Disney would never make a deal like that if they had any say in the MCU versions being used at all.

3. Exactly my point shown above.

To be fair, I generally trust and respect insiders and honestly believe that the get there info from solid sources. However, even the best insiders can sometimes end up being either outright wrong or only have their info be only partially true. As I've said, I could be wrong, but I'll be sticking to my guns for now.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Also, isn't there an Iron Man statue in one of the gift shops that's based on the design from the 2008 film?

I brought this up once about the Thor statue and someone pointed out that it actually has a $3000 price tag on it thus making it merchandise. I have not been able to confirm that is true.

rael ramone

@WDW1974 is there a chance that TDA takes another look at this GOTG retheme now that the "rumor" is trending on social media with about a 99% disapproval rate? It's one thing for a few "crazy super fans" to make a big fuss but the general public seems to be just as shocked and dismayed as the rest of us.

If what Micechat says is accurate in regards to the location of the Marvel coaster in Hollywoodlands backlot, then TDA's reasoning has lost me completely. They chose Captain America as the IP for the rumored coaster because it's the best fit for Hollywoodland, yet they want to redo TOT (Hollywoodlands anchor) with possibly the least best fit for Hollywoodland with GOTG?

And if somehow Marvel Land takes over the backlot and TOT and its surrounding area then it still doesn't make sense with the Hyperion theatre and animation building right in the middle. That would leave Hollywoodland as a thin strip in between two Marvel mini lands.

Talk about shoehorning something that doesn't belong. Chapek must not have a creative bone in his body.

As far as Chappie is concerned, it would seem that he sees that guests exist for two reasons, and two reasons only.

1. Spend money on any and all offerings, regardless of price & quality.
2. Soak in all the promotion of $DIS IP so you'll continue to do your duty and spend money on it back home.

doctornick

We are veering way off topic, but this certainly is not true. At some point last year, Disney and Fox came to some sort of an agreement because Fox announced plans for X-Men related TV shows -- shows that they did not have the rights to produce without Disney/Marvel being involved. The official announcement from Fox came in the October 2015 and obvious Disney would not agree to such a deal unless they got something in return. A lot of folks assume that Disney has gotten the Fantastic Four rights back in exchange (since they are worthless to Fox at this point after the last crapfest movie) and we might see a splashy announcement at Comic Con this summer.

TP2000

Andrew_Ryan

Change . Org petition to say no about guardians or the galaxy at roc tower of terror at disneyland

https://www.change.org/p/the-walt-disney-company-save-the-tower-of-terror

il_214x170.797734993_s0l9.jpg

"Save the Tower! 80 years ago, lightning struck that tower..."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom