Male Cast Member Costumes

Minthorne

I haven't seen it at Disney, but like everyone else I have left my own home and seen it in my community. We are a really messed up society with very messed up people. The children of today are going to be messed up beyond all repair (or at least a lot of them will be) because we don't have strong father figures leading the way anymore. Kids get more confusing and complex messages than ever before. It will be worse before it gets better. At least in the western world.
Cats and dogs living together!!

Club Cooloholic

I haven't seen it at Disney, but like everyone else I have left my own home and seen it in my community. We are a really messed up society with very messed up people. The children of today are going to be messed up beyond all repair (or at least a lot of them will be) because we don't have strong father figures leading the way anymore. Kids get more confusing and complex messages than ever before. It will be worse before it gets better. At least in the western world.
Ah the good old days when dad would come home, ask his wife to pour him a gin and tonic or have a beer or 4 and watch the ballgame while mom cooked and cleaned and got the kids ready for bed. That's what's missing.
Kids need parents that are present and care about them and their needs. What they are wearing has little to do with that.

jloucks

a beer or 4
...made me chuckle out loud. I can so relate as I had a "beer or 6" kinda dad.

Anywho, what kids are wearing is just a small part of the parental package. As someone who has raised two wonderful people who are assets to society I speak from some modicum of authority.

But it is a part. Personal appearance and hygiene do play a factor in the entire package. Parents that are not present typically could care less how their kids look or smell.

The Mom

Premium Member
At WDW now and it’s not the tattoos that stand out it’s the loud jewelry and sunglasses that clash with the costume and theme.
I can see an issue with the jewelry, but anyone living in FL (and many other places) should be wearing sunglasses to protect their eyes. This, from the Mayo,

Wear sunglasses. Ultraviolet light from the sun may contribute to the development of cataracts. Wear sunglasses that block ultraviolet B (UVB) rays when you're outdoors.

Your future self may thank you.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

KeithVH

That's the way! Shoot the messenger!!

Whether one can agree with another's viewpoint or not, shouldn't the better response be to debunk what you dislike about the statement? Personally, I may or may not agree with that person said, but there IS some validity to the statement. Would love to hear someone actually say "you're wrong" and then back it up with proof.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No

Whether one can agree with another's viewpoint or not, shouldn't the better response be to debunk what you dislike about the statement? Personally, I may or may not agree with that person said, but there IS some validity to the statement. Would love to hear someone actually say "you're wrong" and then back it up with proof.
It's a gif from The Simpsons, it's not meant to be taken that serious.

Last edited:

LittleBuford

How does one respond to somebody calling for a return to traditional patriarchy? That’s an ideological stance that no rebuttal is likely to shift.

Lilofan

Non mirrored have been allowed for a long time due to safety while remaining courteous. When possible, they should be removed to have an eye to eye conversation.
Thanks, that's what I thought also. I've seen cast wear sunglasses but one can still see the whites of their eyes

TrainsOfDisney

I can see an issue with the jewelry, but anyone living in FL (and many other places) should be wearing sunglasses to protect their eyes. This, from the Mayo,

Wear sunglasses. Ultraviolet light from the sun may contribute to the development of cataracts. Wear sunglasses that block ultraviolet B (UVB) rays when you're outdoors.

Your future self may thank you.
Sorry, I meant over styled sunglasses, like oversized bright red. Nothing wrong with them, but they look out of place on a steam powered riverboat.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Please tell me more.

Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

And maybe we don't have "strong father figures" anymore because a single salary isn't enough to support a family, making two-income families the norm, causing both parents to be burned out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom