Male Cast Member Costumes

Cesar R M

And being an oldie means that you understand that most of these attempts at garnering external validation are based on factors that are fleetingly transient. Today's slogan t-shirt, tattoo, unnatural hair color or style, or exposure of body parts is tomorrow's cringe-worthy historical relic.
Also, Yesterday's outrage is today's normal.
People already forgot that women could not even wear shorts once?
Let's not go back to the middle ages thinking, specially when people demand or try to impose on others as convenience.

Riviera Rita

It was clearly a joke not an argument.

Anyone who was anyone got a dolphin lower back tattoo not a butterfly 🙃
'OK Boomer' is meant as an insult to a certain generation of which I'm a member. It's really tiresome hearing it because it was the Greatest generation and the Boomer generation that fought for and won so many rights the following generations take for granted. And it politicians of the generations after Boomers who want to remove those rights. OK?

Riviera Rita

Wow, are you permanently at your keyboard waiting? I actually edited that comment within seconds of originally posting it and yet you managed to reply to to the original unedited one with a Gif attached.

Tony the Tigger

'OK Boomer' is meant as an insult to a certain generation of which I'm a member. It's really tiresome hearing it because it was the Greatest generation and the Boomer generation that fought for and won so many rights the following generations take for granted. And it politicians of the generations after Boomers who want to remove those rights. OK?
The parents of the boomers are commonly considered The Greatest Generation. They are the ones who fought in World War II, then came home and had babies, hence the baby boom, hence baby boomers.

No generation is a monolith or all good/all bad. As a GenXer, I have plenty to criticize boomers about, probably a little less to praise them for - but hey, they were born at the right time to have a crack at creating generational wealth.

jimbojones

David Spade Boomer GIF by CTV Comedy Channel

I happen to still LOVE my butterfly lower back tattoo.
Yes lets dismiss an entire group of people based solely on a characteristic they did not chose, in this case when they were born /s. I think there is a name for judging people as a group and using their group label as a slur.......

For all the social advances of time, it seems like society has decided it is universally ok to be bigoted towards older people.

jimbojones

The parents of the boomers are commonly considered The Greatest Generation. They are the ones who fought in World War II, then came home and had babies, hence the baby boom, hence baby boomers.

No generation is a monolith or all good/all bad. As a GenXer, I have plenty to criticize boomers about, probably a little less to praise them for - but hey, they were born at the right time to have a crack at creating generational wealth.
and as teenagers and 20 somethings those boomers fought for civil rights and women's rights int he 1960s, birthed the modern environmental movement, and laid the foundation for the gay rights movement of the 70s and 80s. Much of the social progress of our time was started off by boomers

Every generation does good and bad, the mistake of the young is to think that if they lived at the same time they would somehow behave differently. I am not a boomer but I can come up with a pretty long list of things that every generation has messed up , including gen z and millennials.

Vegas Disney Fan

and as teenagers and 20 somethings those boomers fought for civil rights and women's rights int he 1960s, birthed the modern environmental movement, and laid the foundation for the gay rights movement of the 70s and 80s. Much of the social progress of our time was started off by boomers

Every generation does good and bad, the mistake of the young is to think that if they lived at the same time they would somehow behave differently. I am not a boomer but I can come up with a pretty long list of things that every generation has messed up , including gen z and millennials.

I think that’s just a symptom of youth, every generation thinks the previous generation “ruined” everything and they’re going to be the first to “fix” it.

Similar to how we said as kids we’d never get old and “stop being cool” but we inevitably did.

Walt Disney1955

I haven't seen it at Disney, but like everyone else I have left my own home and seen it in my community. We are a really messed up society with very messed up people. The children of today are going to be messed up beyond all repair (or at least a lot of them will be) because we don't have strong father figures leading the way anymore. Kids get more confusing and complex messages than ever before. It will be worse before it gets better. At least in the western world.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom