Major executive level shakeup coming?

Brad Bishop

Dont worry the guys responsible for the current problems got promoted, the 'Troublemakers' got laid off. Thats how it usually works in corporate America

I would love to disagree with you on this but the reality is: Yep, that's how it works in corporate America.

The only time it doesn't work like that is when you have a visionary at the helm (Steve Jobs) and then if you come up to him with an Apple Mouse that has to turtle on it's back to charge or a pen that has to onerously stick out of the side of the tablet to charge you're fired. (ie. You don't come up to the visionary with stupid, boring ideas).

Anybody else? You bring them stupid, boring ideas.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
I would love to disagree with you on this but the reality is: Yep, that's how it works in corporate America.

The only time it doesn't work like that is when you have a visionary at the helm (Steve Jobs) and then if you come up to him with an Apple Mouse that has to turtle on it's back to charge or a pen that has to onerously stick out of the side of the tablet to charge you're fired. (ie. You don't come up to the visionary with stupid, boring ideas).

Anybody else? You bring them stupid, boring ideas.

Fun fact about Steve Jobs, when they were developing the first iPod, the designers came to home with a prototype and he asked if there was anyway to make it smaller, and they said no. He took it dropped it into a pitcher of water and saw air bubbles coming out of it. He told them if there’s room for air inside, it can be made smaller, and that’s what they did.

At TWDC they’d all get promotions...

Brad Bishop

Fun fact about Steve Jobs, when they were developing the first iPod, the designers came to home with a prototype and he asked if there was anyway to make it smaller, and they said no. He took it dropped it into a pitcher of water and saw air bubbles coming out of it. He told them if there’s room for air inside, it can be made smaller, and that’s what they did.

At TWDC they’d all get promotions...

...and you know there had to be at least one engineer who muttered, "You know what there's room for? An f-ing rubber gasket!"

wdwgreek

If that was true, Disney would collapse under its own weight. There is no way that WDW could operate four parks seven days a week all year round based on that model, because the parks would be empty while school is in session. Instead, September through Christmas is now pretty crowded based solely on adults without children or adults with pre-schoolers who are there simply because their parents want to be there.

So, thanks for making up something so demonstrably false!!

#FakeNews
I mean look at the WILD SUCCESS of Epcots festivals. 75 percent 21 plus crowds. Disney recognizes that the people who make the money want to be satisfied, if that is food wine and flowers so be it. Also millennials, 18 to 36 are very sentimental about Disney given the Disney renaissance of 90's. Little mermaid, Loin King, B&TB, and Aladdin all have huge sentimental following.

Brad Bishop

I mean look at the WILD SUCCESS of Epcots festivals. 75 percent 21 plus crowds. Disney recognizes that the people who make the money want to be satisfied, if that is food wine and flowers so be it. Also millennials, 18 to 36 are very sentimental about Disney given the Disney renaissance of 90's. Little mermaid, Loin King, B&TB, and Aladdin all have huge sentimental following.

I won't argue that people seem to love the F&W festival. I tend to think that it makes Epcot a large, outdoor bar with a heck of a cover and that given the next generation, people will wake up to this fact. People only go to the "hip bar" for so long before they move onto the next. If Epcot is stale and the only thing it has going for it is tired rides/theming, then I don't think it'll be too long before people realize, "Why am I paying $100/head cover to get into what is effectively a large, outdoor bar? Also, it's stale."

They haven't reached that point, yet, though. I'm there, but 1000s of others aren't. (yet)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom