Major executive level shakeup coming?

matt9112

Along with the current round of layoffs, it appears we might also be seeing some major restructuring of the domestic parks leadership.

I’m not going into specifics until announced, but expect some departures and some musical chairs.

hopefully some of those windows can get replaced. one can wish right?

matt9112

From what I'm hearing it's generally a restructuring to the way things operated prior to the reorganization a couple years ago. The people that I've heard of being let go are not really names known by most.

isnt that change (a few years ago) the reason why specific departments could do a little more on there own? like the small tommorowland stuff?

matt9112

That would be nice

And some exclusive WDW things. I don't mind clones, I really don't, but WDW (especially the MK and DHS) needs unique offerings.

i agree but i think in modern Disney culture its just not likely because cost sharing is much more attractive. i mean i cant blame them completely. However i agree some more effort into specific stuff would be nice. It was nice when WDW specific merch started coming back around i liked and still do like that.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
From what I'm hearing it's generally a restructuring to the way things operated prior to the reorganization a couple years ago. The people that I've heard of being let go are not really names known by most.
This.

Things will be run more how like they used to be. But sadly it’s meant a surplus of positions in corporate speak.

There’s never a good time for this but especially not now.

More news could be forthcoming too.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Oh it's no biggie:)...I do understand that you are referring to an Original Park related storyline of the S.E.A...It's just an odd place for that one to be placed in the waterpark when it could have been used somewhere in either MK or AK.

Disney had been bringing more movie-IP to the water parks with the Frozen Summer Games and Miss Adventure Falls could have been a Rescuers ride, but it wasn't.

So, are they going to double down on S.E.A.? <shrug>

We'll see if the Flight of Wonder's replacement show remains attached to an established IP or not. And there was also the IP-less Spectaculab...

castlecake2.0

This.

Things will be run more how like they used to be. But sadly it’s meant a surplus of positions in corporate speak.

So does this mean reversing the change from a couple years ago that eliminated some park wide positions in favor of “proprietors” for smaller areas? It seemed like they were heading in the direction that there would be, for example, a manager of Tomorrowland that all departments in that land would report to, instead of each department reporting to a manager responsible park wide for that part of the operation.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So does this mean reversing the change from a couple years ago that eliminated some park wide positions in favor of “proprietors” for smaller areas? It seemed like they were heading in the direction that there would be, for example, a manager of Tomorrowland that all departments in that land would report to, instead of each department reporting to a manager responsible park wide for that part of the operation.
It’s looking something like it.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Apparently that new approach did not work, and there will be a return to the Line of Business structure.

brb1006

This.

Now I'm more curious about this.

brb1006

Disney had been bringing more movie-IP to the water parks with the Frozen Summer Games and Miss Adventure Falls could have been a Rescuers ride, but it wasn't.

So, are they going to double down on S.E.A.? <shrug>

We'll see if the Flight of Wonder's replacement show remains attached to an established IP or not. And there was also the IP-less Spectaculab...
Well at least they might have ended Frozen Summer Fun as of this year.

castlecake2.0

Apparently that new approach did not work, and there will be a return to the Line of Business structure.

I was curious as to how long this was last because I did a corporate class with Disney that explained why they moved to the line of business structure and how it was much more effective it was.

HMF

This.

"How they used to be" as in before MM+?

AEfx

And why are we supposed to care what that 90% think? All Disney parks should have attractions that can ONLY be experienced at their home park. Its cheap and lazy to keep cloning. But anything to please the basics

Why should we care what the vast, vast majority of customers experience?

Your question is so silly it doesn't even deserve an answer. The parks aren't made for us, buddy, they are made for the public. It's nothing but entitled super-fan-lifestyler nonsense.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom