Major executive level shakeup coming?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yes because god forbid the parks generate revenue. Its not like Disney needs money to build new and exciting things anyway. That's what the magical pixie dust is for, right? Just wave the magic wands and new offerings appear out of nowhere.

Is this where you preach laisse faire or Friedman economics to me?

...let's not bother with that boring dance/doctrine because I've done it a thousand times...

What I'm saying is this:
1. There has to be balance between the two...revenue is great...profits are great...but a company can't be successful longterm without proper re-investment in its product. Once the consumer gets bored with you...you're done.
2. The stockholder is not always right...they are driven by the narcotic of greed and wiser men/women must be in place to temper that. The only difference between greed and opium is one comes in powder form.

MouseBrayden

Does anyone know the status of George Kalogridis?

I have 2 sources I trust saying he is gone as of today and 2 sources saying that false rumors are going around as a result of all the shakeups/layoffs. Can anyone confirm either way?

Angel Ariel

Isn’t P+R already collapsing under its own weight because they’ve been doing this? TSL, NFL, SWL, Frozen, most of the In park entertainment, shows, and parades are designed to the 8-14 year old segment. Only exception are the festivals at EPCOT where TDO plays to the older crowd to sell overpriced drinks. Older guests do not spend money in as greater number as families with young children. Don’t believe me? Walk into any merch shop and see what is promently displayed...toys and children’s things.

8 years old is a bit high for that age range to start, IMO. If you're talking about the child demographic, I'd say the age range for Disney parks is more 3-11 or so than 8-14.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
8 years old is a bit high for that age range to start, IMO. If you're talking about the child demographic, I'd say the age range for Disney parks is more 3-11 or so than 8-14.

The 8-14 demographic is what they have seemed to have given up on with most new projects...though they seem to be coming out of the woods a little on that with the most recent slate of announcements.

Liberty6

I believe tonight is the cast member service anniversary celebration at Magic Kingdom. If Geroge doesn’t show up, he’s probably gone.

TrojanUSC

If they sacked Kalogridis it would be huge. He’s literally an opening day employee. Started as a bus boy at the Contemporary in Oct 1971.

It's amazing to me the reason Al Weiss "resigned" was kept so close to the vest. That made national news, though not headline news.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom