Major Epcot Update: Kodak Out?

ChrisFL

Premium Member
The windows (and the ones at the land) just need a fresh cleaning. It always seems they are dirty to me. A fresh cleaning and the pavilion would look nice. That and of course the return of the blue color scheme.

Yeah, it was looking very dirty the other day when I was there

aladdin2007

I dont think they would take Figment away again, they learned their lesson once and the hard way I might add that they will never forget, if they did it again...............I cant even imagine.

I kinda feel like Disney has a long term plan up their sleeve down the road for Imagination. Martin has hinted at this before, its just that its going to be awhile a long while I guess sadly.

Dont know about the sponsorhip situation, if they are shopping for one or if one is waiting in the wings. I kinda think neither. But still, Disney, or a sponsor or both would save alot of money by not bulldozing down the building but just gutting the insides and starting over. Its a massive show building that could easily be redone again inside with lots of love, and lots of money lol.

raven

It always seems that way though. It's really bad show. However at night, IMO with all of the lights it's the best looking pavilion in Epcot.

But please can we get some window cleaning.

Not without upper management getting their yearly bonus cut. :rolleyes:

Speaking of that, a large group of upper management from Tokyo Disneyland was at Epcot last night to see how the park get's cleaned on 3rd shift.

Grizzly Hall 71

Speaking of that, a large group of upper management from Tokyo Disneyland was at Epcot last night to see how the park get's cleaned on 3rd shift.

Man I know when the come to our parks they're like, what is this mess?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

Please tell me they were there for more than that....:rolleyes:

puntagordabob

I'm not sure if i'm off base here but doesn't kodak own the rights to figment and/or the "figment purple" color?

If so would they take figment with them in the event the vacated they Imagination pavilion?

Figment is the property of Walt Disney company... I asked this very question recently at EPCOT of one of the managers...he made some walkie talkie calls and stated it is 100% their property

TheDisneyMagic

I think it would be better WDC getting some tips from OLC. :lol:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Not last night at least. They may have been in town for a while but last night they were solely there for that purpose. They came last year too.

Really? That's actually quite interesting. Is there that much for them to learn from year-to-year on park maintenance and cleaning during the 3rd shift? Or is it as much a visit as it is an exchange of ideas?

Foolish1

Please leave your anti-Apple fanboyism out of a legitimate conversation.

Apple has a pile of cash, is the current market leader in industrial design, and happens to be headed by one of the largest individual owners in Disney stock and who sits on the Disney board.

I'm flabbergasted that Apple doesn't have a visible presence in Epcot. I can only assume they do not for brand perception reasons.

Perhaps Apple is worried about getting a bad reputation brought on by stagnant attractions. :ROFLOL:

On another note, as long as Kodak is a Disney sponsor, whether a sponsor of JII/JIYIWF, Fuji, or any imaging company, will NEVER sponsor that attraction. For me, I would love to see Nikon sponsor the attraction.

raven

Really? That's actually quite interesting. Is there that much for them to learn from year-to-year on park maintenance and cleaning during the 3rd shift? Or is it as much a visit as it is an exchange of ideas?

Well they weren't doing much talking. Just taking notes and pictures.

FutureWorld1982

About the pavilion itself, i went yesterday and took some pictures:

2znopdv.jpg

34rg6mw.jpg

fm4c20.jpg

n4e82u.jpg

2lcism.jpg

It's really only walls, and I don't think it means that they're re-doing the whole pavilion, but if it's true that Kodak is leaving (for now, it only left the guide map, unfortunately) maybe something new it's coming!

I would love to see the original JII with some new special effects!

EDIT: Can anyone confirm if the area seen in the last photo is new? It looks like they've teared down a wall, because I absolutely don't remember it.

raven

2lcism.jpg

EDIT: Can anyone confirm if the area seen in the last photo is new? It looks like they've teared down a wall, because I absolutely don't remember it.

It's been there but, by according to your photo, it looks like they put a glass 1/2 wall in instead of the regular wall.

Foolish1

Two thoughts.

First, how is it that The Hall of Presidents and Splash Mountain do not have sponsors? They are definitely expensive attractions to operate, and each is maintained, etc. THOP has had several overhauls since it opened as well. Why does JII need a sponsor?

Second, when you get right down to it, who would make the very best sponsor of all?? Think hard. OK, maybe not that hard. Wouldn't Disney make the best sponsor for this??

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I thought I read on here long (LONG) ago that after retrofitting the GM structure for TT Disney decided it was not feasible to do that again. If changes to the Imagination Pavilion on par with the introduction of TT are required I strongly doubt they would not bulldoze and start over.

The exception for this concept might be if some mitigating circumstance was in play like the updated ride at Seas and the pool. Can't bulldoze that easily. But whats in IMag that can't just go? Nothing that I can think of.
The gutting was the easy part. If anything Motion was almost built to be removed.

The hard part was getting the new ride system software working.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom