Major Epcot Update: Kodak Out?

mickey2008.1

While it appears kodak may have left the pavillion, there advertising is plastere all over the maps and there products are still being sold in the parks. I cant believe that the cost of being on the maps and being the exclusive camera in the parks is less than the cost of a pavillion. Kodak may have left that area because nbdy goes to it anymore due to Captain EO and the crappy JIYI, I wouldnt want to be sponsor over there either.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
HP doesn't make the same stuff as Apple so what would be the problem?

Just saying.

Yes they do, they both make personal computers and for both, it's currently a big part of their market. Sure they both make other products which aren't in competition, but I wouldn't doubt at all there's some kind of clause in the sponsorship contract to now allow any competing computer brand from sponsoring a large attraction

(IBM in Innoventions being the exception, but they're mostly about servers)

Grizzly Hall 71

While it appears kodak may have left the pavillion, there advertising is plastere all over the maps and there products are still being sold in the parks. I cant believe that the cost of being on the maps and being the exclusive camera in the parks is less than the cost of a pavillion. Kodak may have left that area because nbdy goes to it anymore due to Captain EO and the crappy JIYI, I wouldnt want to be sponsor over there either.

Well if they put some real imagination into this pavilion then we wouldn't be talking about this. But they chose the TDO way of life and now that area is pretty dry. Besides EO he's cool to me.

Grizzly Hall 71

Yes they do, they both make personal computers and for both, it's currently a big part of their market. Sure they both make other products which aren't in competition, but I wouldn't doubt at all there's some kind of clause in the sponsorship contract to now allow any competing computer brand from sponsoring a large attraction

(IBM in Innoventions being the exception, but they're mostly about servers)

Here's from wikipedia:

HP:
Computer Systems
Computer Peripherals
Computer Software
IT consulting

Apple:
Computer hardware
Computer software
Consumer electronics
Digital distribution

Only similarity I see is software. But hey I'm just saying. The next best company would be crayola.
IT Services

Grizzly Hall 71

I think Sposorship is on the way out all together. EC was really the only park that ever had every attraction sposored it was unique.

Country Bears were sponsored by Pepsi in it's early history.

But enough of my thread drift.

Crayola execes if you are reading this please save the Imagination Pavilion. Please and thank you.

s8film40

I don't think this is a good thing at all for the imagination pavilion. Just looking at it from a business perspective, if I ran a company with enough money to sponsor a pavilion there's no way I would go into a sponsorship agreement with the current state of the pavilion. Right now it's got a rerelease of an 80's attraction and a dark ride that almost always has a 5 minute or less wait. If it had one strong attraction I could see a sponsorship being worthwhile as you could with Disney put enough money into to make the other something new and nice. Seeing as how both attraction really need an overhaul the amount of money needed to do this wouldn't be worth it unless it was something really truly new and different that would draw large numbers. If it were me running a company looking to sponsor something like this the only thing that would make sense is either tearing it down completely or heavily modifying the pavilion and building an E-ticket attraction. I would think anyone trying to enter into a sponsorship agreement for the pavilion would make the argument that this is what they have done for most of the remaining sponsored pavilions. GM got Test Track, HP got Mission Space, and Nestle got Soarin'. It just seems to me there's no way you could put a large amount of sponsorship money into this and settle for anything less than an E-ticket attraction.

TheDisneyMagic

I believe there were two references to Figment. I think he had a sillouhette or outline or something as well.

They used to use one piece of audio from the original attraction at the end of Journey into your imagination when you unloaded originally used during the flight to imagination scene. "Can they imagine too?"

JWG

I think Sposorship is on the way out all together. EC was really the only park that ever had every attraction sposored it was unique.

Back in the day most of Tomorrowland was sponsored as well. Space Mountain had RCA and FedEx (back when they were Federal Express).

Eastern Airlines (?) then Delta sponsored If You Had Wings/Dreamflight

McDonnell-Douglast sponsored Mission to Mars

Alamo sponsors the TTA PeopleMover

It is a changing environement, but sponsorship was not only an Epcot thing.

RunnerEd

I don't think this is a good thing at all for the imagination pavilion. Just looking at it from a business perspective, if I ran a company with enough money to sponsor a pavilion there's no way I would go into a sponsorship agreement with the current state of the pavilion. Right now it's got a rerelease of an 80's attraction and a dark ride that almost always has a 5 minute or less wait. If it had one strong attraction I could see a sponsorship being worthwhile as you could with Disney put enough money into to make the other something new and nice. Seeing as how both attraction really need an overhaul the amount of money needed to do this wouldn't be worth it unless it was something really truly new and different that would draw large numbers. If it were me running a company looking to sponsor something like this the only thing that would make sense is either tearing it down completely or heavily modifying the pavilion and building an E-ticket attraction. I would think anyone trying to enter into a sponsorship agreement for the pavilion would make the argument that this is what they have done for most of the remaining sponsored pavilions. GM got Test Track, HP got Mission Space, and Nestle got Soarin'. It just seems to me there's no way you could put a large amount of sponsorship money into this and settle for anything less than an E-ticket attraction.
That is a spot-on annalysis. If it were my business and Disney came calling looking for money, I would want to see blue-prints and concept art before I wrote 1 check. Well said.

JWG

That is a spot-on annalysis. If it were my business and Disney came calling looking for money, I would want to see blue-prints and concept art before I wrote 1 check. Well said.

I believe this is what happened with SSE and Siemens. They came to an agreement that included multiple things including sponsorship of Illuminations (Sylvania), refurbishment of SSE inside and (thank you Siemens) removal of the wand.

I would imagine a new sponsor for Imagination would be no different - we'll work on something but let's see how much and what we get for it. My fear is there will be no sponsor. Univers of Energy is ripe for a sponsor, the old Wonders of Life also ripe for a sponsor. Those are two pavilions that have opportunity to showcase the right sponsor. Why would Imagination be any better?

s8film40

I believe this is what happened with SSE and Siemens. They came to an agreement that included multiple things including sponsorship of Illuminations (Sylvania), refurbishment of SSE inside and (thank you Siemens) removal of the wand.

I would imagine a new sponsor for Imagination would be no different - we'll work on something but let's see how much and what we get for it. My fear is there will be no sponsor. Univers of Energy is ripe for a sponsor, the old Wonders of Life also ripe for a sponsor. Those are two pavilions that have opportunity to showcase the right sponsor. Why would Imagination be any better?

Yeah, I think it will either die slowly like Wonders of Life or become something we wouldn't even recognize as the imagination pavilion like Horizons and World of Motion did.

Grizzly Hall 71

Why doesn't Hess sponsor UOE? They have gas stations on property so I don't understand. State Farm could fit WOL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom