Major Epcot Update: Kodak Out?

mightynine

Surely I can't be the only one who noticed the logos are different in these two photos?

All that shows is how old the photo is on the official WDW website, because it has the old Kodak logo on it.

Though I did notice on the announcement of a new Flip video-like product, Kodak used the old box K part of their logo.

0900688a80d25f8c_EKN037218_PLAYTOUCH_black_angle_645x370.jpg

Wonder if they might be trying to phase that back in.

FigmentJedi

Besides, didn't they approach Disney with the proposal to sponsor the Pavillion when the Kodak contract was ending back in the 90s?!
Yeah, they wanted to rip it apart and put in a rollercoaster. Even with the mediocrity of the Institute based Dark Rides, it's for the best they didn't go with Fuji.

raven

As of last night I am able to confirm that Kodak will be leaving Imagination. Plans are already being made for changes to the post show for now. No word on any redo of the actual ride just yet.

BrerFrog

As of last night I am able to confirm that Kodak will be leaving Imagination. Plans are already being made for changes to the post show for now. No word on any redo of the actual ride just yet.

Thanks for the info as usual, Raven. :)

Will they leave park maps too?

raven

Thanks for the info as usual, Raven. :)

Will they leave park maps too?

As of now it's just the Imagination Pavilion. Ride maintenence confirmed it for me and were told the building will be closed for a short period of time in the near future. Don't know exactly what that means as they sounded like they didn't know either.

FutureWorld1982

Thank you very much for the new informations, Raven.
I really hope that the ride will be refubed soon, not only the pre-show.
I was riding it last Tuesday, and I noticed how it really lacks theming...

Evil Genius

If it follows the trend of other "temporarily closed" pavillions then I'm concerned. While I'm not a huge fan of Imagination as it exists right now, it is one of my favorite former great attractions of EPCOT and I would hate to see it become dormant like WOL.

Let's hope JII bucks the trend and simply comes back better than ever!

However I'm not holding my breath.

DisneyCane

Not to mention they stopped selling actual film about 4 years ago! lol

Kodak still sells film. High end photographers (the ones that sell prints of thier work like Peter Lik) still use film and other photochemical capture products. Also, most movies are still shot on film and many TV shows are also.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Any improvement in the current post-show would be great. I remember when that pavillion was the place I would have stayed for HOURS as a kid. My folks could have left me there all day and I wouldn't have noticed! Now, there are about 1 or 2 things that might make a kid stop for a minute tops, but nothing to keep their attention held.

What is the current pre-show for Captain EO? (I apologize if this was mentioned, but there are too many pages to read through in this thread). Is it still the scenes of everyday families capturing moments by Kodak?

FutureWorld1982

What is the current pre-show for Captain EO? (I apologize if this was mentioned, but there are too many pages to read through in this thread). Is it still the scenes of everyday families capturing moments by Kodak?

As captain EO came in, they changed also the pre-show, which now features the original prelude of Captain EO (where you can see how they made all the props and dances of the movie)...
It looks old (and it is) and a bit dated, but it only lasts 5 minutes.

officeboy

The gutting was the easy part. If anything Motion was almost built to be removed.

The hard part was getting the new ride system software working.

I wasn't referring to removal of WoM. I meant retrofitting the building for the new ride system. I seem to remember there was extensive structural work that went way over budget, but the brain is a little foggy on that now.

Wayside RCS. Which one are you referring to? By my count there were 3. The current one is by far the most stable, but even it has it limitations considering the mechanics it controls.

\end drift....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom