Major DTD update

John

Big deal. I and 50,000 others paid $150 to do this last January. Well, except it wasn't during Wishes. :D

LOL.....You know I am very fit for my age. But for the life of me I dont understand you guys that run....I am not knocking it.....Heck no, you people are in amazing shape. I played sports my whole life and all I did was run. To this day I hate running....I tell people the furthest I want to run.....is to the bathroom. I have an extremely phyiscal job, the last thing I would want to do on my off time is to run 26 miles.....I dont even want to drive 26 miles.

John

I understand this opinion. And almost all of what I write is a bit sarcastic. I never personally attack anyone. I know nothing about anyone here so anything I write can't be personal. I just have a problem with people using this platform to attack real people and their efforts without knowing the full story. We are all anonymous here for the most part. But the attacks on real people making a real effort in circumstances we are not fully educated about is low class in my opinion. And I just am often compelled to hold up a mirror to such people. It is profound the number of people that can dish out the criticism but absolutely can't take criticism. Of course many 'spirits' create no reflection so they will never see themselves as they truly are.

PS- thanks for the thoughtful response. :)

What happened? jt agreeing with me? I just fell off my rocker. I will give it to you cuz.....( thats cuz....since were all family now) you take as much criticism as anybody. But you really need to remember what you say. Your opinions change as much as the blue pages of da Magic. Being on the internet....none of us are real. Just an avatar and some words. So if someone attacks us...they are attacking an avatar. I say....sling away! none of it makes a hill of beans in our lives. Now if you excuse me, I have to get back to critisizing everyword you say.I have been nice enough for one day. My other post were in the weeee hours of the morning and I hadnt had my coffee yet.

raven

Also, the exit off of I4 won't be a whole new exit. It will be ramped off the existing SB Exit 67 and come between TDO and Typhoon Lagoon.

tl77

maybe if Disney charged a reasonable amount for parking... people wouldn't be trying to hitch a ride from DTD :)

I heard this is the major problem with DTD, that parking there is free and some clever folks have discovered you can get around the parking fee at the parks by hoping a bus from DTD.

As for River Country, water purity issues aside, it was about 1/4 the sized of Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach, and they couldn't continue charging people for something that was roughly the same size as the pool at the Yacht and Beach Club, although I keep hearing rumors that it will be turned in to a free pool for people staying at the Fort Wilderness campgrounds

alissafalco

I heard this is the major problem with DTD, that parking there is free and some clever folks have discovered you can get around the parking fee at the parks by hoping a bus from DTD.

Maybe just me but I'd rather pay the fee than have to wait for a bus to get me to MK and especially at night to get back when I'm tired and just want to be back at my room. It would take me double the amount of time for me to get to my car. The fee is worth it IMHO.

As for River Country, water purity issues aside, it was about 1/4 the sized of Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach, and they couldn't continue charging people for something that was roughly the same size as the pool at the Yacht and Beach Club, although I keep hearing rumors that it will be turned in to a free pool for people staying at the Fort Wilderness campgrounds

That would be a great idea!! I hope they do that. 74 also said the water got way to cold in the winter months and the park was dead.

jt04

JT you don't understand by not knowing the majority of the people here your sarcastic comments are taken as attacks. People don't understand the majority of your comments are intentionally enflaming. If you thought for a minute before you post statements people wouldn't have a problem with you. I know your gonna ask for an example, so here you go. You stated in the DL VS DW thread that you could tell the state of the parks by reading a few choice reviews and pictures. Your exact words were "I'm just that good" a statement like that IMO is extremely arrogant. It insults the people that have experienced the issues first hand. I personally think you believe that your always correct. I respect the people here that go on a limb and are passionate if they know what there talking about. I've been on the receiving end of a few of your rants, so I know your not as innocent as you claim.

Actually I am much more innocent than you would ever guess. If you ever met me (and this is never happening with anyone here LOL) I am the complete opposite of how some people perceive me here. Some people here get that and some don't. Mostly folks really need to lighten up.

Here is my main complaint with the people that continually complain about the supposed condition of the parks, the loudest complainers rarely say anything good even when Disney gets it right. That indicates an agenda rather than any real critique. I listen and take seriously those who objectively relay accurate information. Kevin Yee has developed a lot of credibility with me. He says when things look great and when the don't. He is somebody I take seriously. And there are others too who I know when added together provide an accurate picture I can rely on.

PS- Correction, there is a person on here I would like to meet someday and that is Steve the owner of this site. I am fascinated by this web site and would love to know more of the inner workings, what inspired him to start it, why he keeps it going and so many other questions. Of all the places out on the web this is one of the most fascinating to me. He must be a very interesting person to talk to.

M.rudolf

Actually I am much more innocent than you would ever guess. If you ever met me (and this is never happening with anyone here LOL) I am the complete opposite of how some people perceive me here. Some people here get that and some don't. Mostly folks really need to lighten up.

Here is my main complaint with the people that continually complain about the supposed condition of the parks, the loudest complainers rarely say anything good even when Disney gets it right. That indicates an agenda rather than any real critique. I listen and take seriously those who objectively relay accurate information. Kevin Yee has developed a lot of credibility with me. He says when things look great and when the don't. He is somebody I take seriously. And there are others too who I know when added together provide an accurate picture I can rely on.

PS- Correction, there is a person on here I would like to meet someday and that is Steve the owner of this site. I am fascinated by this web site and would love to know more of the inner workings, what inspired him to start it, why he keeps it going and so many other questions. Of all the places out on the web this is one of the most fascinating to me. He must be a very interesting person to talk to.
I agree there are a lot of things that are done right. I'll be the first to say that, but that still doesn't give them a pass for what's been done wrong in the past 4/5 years. Remember if everyone paints a smile and doesn't question some of the moves TDO has made there will never be change. It alSo indicates you have an agenda with the blind devotion you have for TDO. I also don't armchair critique everything I've stated is from personal experience. I also think if you could rely on your spent anytime in the parks you might change your opinion. I can watch the news,read a book and get other peoples opinions but I would make an opinion until I had an experience, that's just asking for a let down.

lazyboy97o

Here is my main complaint with the people that continually complain about the supposed condition of the parks, the loudest complainers rarely say anything good even when Disney gets it right. That indicates an agenda rather than any real critique.
Says a guy who claims they're not doing enough right to earn his money. Also, the good things are much more self evident. They're know, particularly in the fan community. The part that is most unfortunate is that a lot of what is right is stuff that was not decided upon and established in recent years, just stuff that has survived the culling.

jt04

I agree there are a lot of things that are done right. I'll be the first to say that, but that still doesn't give them a pass for what's been done wrong in the past 4/5 years. Remember if everyone paints a smile and doesn't question some of the moves TDO has made there will never be change. It alSo indicates you have an agenda with the blind devotion you have for TDO. I also don't armchair critique everything I've stated is from personal experience. I also think if you could rely on your spent anytime in the parks you might change your opinion. I can watch the news,read a book and get other peoples opinions but I would make an opinion until I had an experience, that's just asking for a let down.

This thread is about changes happening to DTD. What you are talking about is better suited for a thread like WDW v DL.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Here is my main complaint with the people that continually complain about the supposed condition of the parks, the loudest complainers rarely say anything good even when Disney gets it right..
I like to think I'm quite loud, and do say good things when they're due.

It just is sadly one sided.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
Chatter seems to be picking up that a press conference/release is on the near term horizon, between Oct 1 and Jan 1. Any insiders know anything?? :)

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
sorry I didn't think I needed to specify since I posted it in the DTD thread, but my question is regarding a press conference/release about the revamp of PI/DTD. Of course it could be lumped in with other announcements, but I'm wondering specifically about a DTD announcement either alone or as part of a larger announcement.

Rasvar

sorry I didn't think I needed to specify since I posted it in the DTD thread, but my question is regarding a press conference/release about the revamp of PI/DTD. Of course it could be lumped in with other announcements, but I'm wondering specifically about a DTD announcement either alone or as part of a larger announcement.

If there is going to be any announcement made about DTD, it would almost surely happen during whatever media event is put together for the FLE unveiling.

menamechris

I personally don't think anything they announce will be worth getting excited about. Bottom line...more shopping. More dining. I am guessing nothing will be announced that will get the fanbase terribly excited. It's not like PI or Adventurer's Club is coming back. Short of that - I think anything will fall flat with fans...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom