Major Announcement Secret is Out

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I don't mind marketing, this offends me less than Magical Gatherings - that was obnoxious, and catered to large non-local groups, so I was completely excluded.

I will be a little miffed if nothing comes out of it though. I mean physical asset-wise. If they don't announce or plan or do something physical with it, then it is just a shallow marketing ploy and that's annoying.

I have hopes that tonight something of more interest will come along though.

EdandAmy

This thread is really funny. Its fun to see all the "arm chair quarterbacks" running off about how things would be better by doing X, Y, Z etc..

To those that are the most outspoken and KNOW they can do better, then do it! You'er obviously much wiser than the current highly paid marketing, branding, web developers, etc.. that Disney has hired, so I am sure they will hire you immediately.

Opinions (as this message is :) ) are just that, Opinions. Not fact.

LOL too funny.....

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I like the theme of it.... seems to cater to what TWDC is supposed to be about - dreams.

And thanks, PaisleyMF, for pointing out that they Disney font is loosely based on Walt's signature. Even Walt couldn't duplicate the font they created. :)

Now, about that Golden FastPass.... :D I'd like a Lifetime FastPass to the front of the line at EVERY attraction at ANY Disney park, now and in the future. Is that too much to ask? ;)

tink81

HauntedPirate said:
Now, about that Golden FastPass.... :D I'd like a Lifetime FastPass to the front of the line at EVERY attraction at ANY Disney park, now and in the future. Is that too much to ask? ;)

(sings) "I've got a Golden Fastpass, I've got a golden chance to...." (Willy Wonka...) I forget the rest!

Gucci65

ISTCrew20 said:
It's pretty nice. It's a welcome change after seeing gold and 50s everywhere. The new logo would look pretty on our new nametags.

It was weird how they used music from the NonDisney version of Peter Pan on the website.

Patrick - are you still selling popcorn?

Wondered where you had disappeared to. I miss your old reports.

speck76

Disney preparing new marketing campaign
Announcement expected to tout 'The Year of a Million Dreams.'

Scott Powers | Sentinel Staff Writer
Posted June 7, 2006, 12:20 PM EDT

The Walt Disney Co. plans to deliver on 1 million dreams as a follow up to its hugely successful "Happiest Celebration on Earth" promotional campaign.

Jay Rasulo, chairman of Disney's parks-and-resorts segment, is to announce the new promotional campaign tonight in New York City. Disney staff were mum on the announcement, but speculation is centering on the prospect that Rasulo will roll out details of the company's new promotional campaign.

In fact, Disney already has posted a website, describing the campaign as "The Year of a Million Dreams."

The campaign would begin almost as soon as Disney's current campaign, "The Happiest Celebration on Earth," expires Sept. 30. That campaign, celebrating the 50th anniversary of the 1956 opening of Disneyland, was a huge success, boosting Disneyland's attendance more than 10 percent in the past year and adding to attendance gains at Walt Disney World.

"We think it's a great right cross following their uppercut," said Dennis Speigel, president of International Theme Park Services in Cincinnati. "They had a wonderful run with the 50th anniversary, and now they're going to put fat on the fat hog."

Disney's parks bucked national trends last year. Most theme parks saw either stale or declining attendance, and both Walt Disney Co. chief executive Bob Iger and outside analysts credited the Happiest Celebration campaign as a major reason.

The new campaign apparently will involve Disney-vacation giveaways, and perhaps upgraded Fastpasses for its theme parks called "Golden Fastpasses" as well as opportunities for people to spend a night in Cinderella Castle, according to the Disney web site.

The Year of a Million Dreams campaign was first reported on the Internet blog jimhillmedia.com. :lookaroun

Theme-park business consultant Steve Baker, of the Baker Leisure Group of Orlando, said such promotional campaigns are important to the parks' success, particularly since he and many other analysts predict that gas prices and hurricane fears are likely to keep tourists away from Orlando.

"They're very critical," he said of the campaigns. "It's just a way they're going to spend a whole bunch of money. That's what it's going to take. I've always thought that the repercussions of hurricanes was going to be felt much deeper because of fear of being here in the summer.

"These things work," Baker continued. "It gives the reason for somebody deciding what to do to say, 'Oh, why don't' we go see it, what the heck.' It's a motivator."

Speigel said the prospect of a sweepstakes giving away a night in Cinderella Castle could turn out to be the real-life equivalent of the golden tickets hidden in candy bars in the Willy Wonka book and movies.

"They're allowing them to become part of the magic," he said.

Scott Powers can be reached at spowers@orlandosentinel.com or 407-420-5441.

MKCP 1985

speck76 said:
The Year of a Million Dreams campaign was first reported on the Internet blog jimhillmedia.com. :lookaroun
So Jim Hill got himself a scoop, did he? :lol: There's a feather in his cap.

nibblesandbits

Yeah...but not by much...he only posted the article 12 hours ago.

Jim Hill Website said:
Disney's next big dream to be revealed in the Big Apple tonight
What's the deal with that press conference that Disney Parks & Resorts will be holding in NYC this evening? Well, according to Jim Hill, that's when the "Where Dreams Come True" program will finally be announced. Which will then allow some very lucky...
12 hours, 46 minutes ago by Jim Hill

Burgstressera

I'm so excited!! I think the site looks awesome! :sohappy:

And when I booked my trip for Sept 30 - October 11 I had no idea I'd be there for the start of a brand new celebration.

I'm hoping the Golden Fastpass is something like that pass Universal has - where you have a fastpass all day for every attraction...I forget what they call it. Has any body ever used the Universal one - it's pretty cool? I can see Disney doing well with something like that.

seabee1

wdwprincess03 said:
I wonder where they would have you sleep? Maybe the waiting area for Cindy's? There isn't a lot of room or anything...

Isn't there an apartment in the castle that was intended for Walt? Am I remembering that right? Maybe that is where you would stay. Oh wait I don't mean you I mean me-cause I am going to win it!!!!:D

Tigger2000

speck76 said:
The campaign would begin almost as soon as Disney's current campaign, "The Happiest Celebration on Earth," expires Sept. 30. That campaign, celebrating the 50th anniversary of the 1956 opening of Disneyland, was a huge success, boosting Disneyland's attendance more than 10 percent in the past year and adding to attendance gains at Walt Disney World.

Anyone else notice the 1956? Is it just me or wasn't in 1955 :lol: :hammer:

speck76

Tigger2000 said:
Anyone else notice the 1956? Is it just me or wasn't in 1955 :lol: :hammer:
the Orlando Sentinel is known for mistakes.....afterall, when JHM is your souce for scoop, there are bound to be issues....

EpcotServo

I really only have one question...what the heck is going on!?!? Dreams? A night in the castle? DisneyParks a division of ConglomCo.? Golden Fastpasses? What da heck is a Golden Fastpass and why would I need one? And what about Scarecrow's brain!?!?:dazzle:

I kinda like the website, i'm curious to see more about the new celebration. I especcially like the new song their using. I hope that becomes the theme song for the celebration. BTW, if anybody's curious the song is called "Flying" by James Newton Howard. I loved it in Peter Pan and think it would make an excellent theme song for the new celebration, even if it isn't made by Disney :lookaroun

missionspace

I am also concerned! It seems like the only way to celebrate this celebration is if you win the contest! What about the rest of us! Since I never won anything ,I guess I can't take part in this celebration! I would assume a Golden Fastpass is a unlimited fastpass!

cdunbar

See I think a night in Cindy's Castle that might end up gettin a little creepy, I mean you know you got those people who have died on the property and I mean it could turn in a blood bath, jk, neways I can't imagine being locked in a castle b/c Im sure they would do that so you couldn't see all the work they do after hrs, but neways all of ramblings could just be do to my overwhelming fear of being locked in somewhere and not being able to get out, so yeah:veryconfu

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom