Major Announcement Secret is Out

CaptainMichael

SGT623 said:
Well this really stinks! I was hoping for a WDW 35th celebration since it didn't get a 30th. Bums me out
Well, in 15 years we'll get our 50th, and I think it will be HUGE...so, start saving up.

We may even get a 40th.

David

I think it would be incredible to stay in the casle, but I'd never be able to sleep because it would be too exciting!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
MSTINKHERBELL01 said:
Whether I win or not I entered the contest. Good luck everyone who entered...may your dreams come true!:wave:
If you get to spend the night in the castle you better not forget your dear old dad.:wave:

tirian

The question is, will they just set up beds in the restaurant, or in Tinkerbell's Dressing Roo--I mean, Walt's planned apartment? If that's where it's going to be done, they need to get that place decorated...NOW! (It was once used for switchboard operations, too.)

MiklCraw4d

speck76 said:
On 10/1 when this begins, they will have a another press conference at the park, the press will see the new parade, and the new attractions will be open in time for the holidays. At that time, they will announce the timekeeper replacement (which will open after Christmas so that those already coming for christmas miss it, but it will be open in time for Spring Break so that people will come back) and they will announce the new MGM e-ticket, which will open towards then end of this marketing campaign, to keep it rolling until it ends, much like how EE opened the second year of HCOE.
Sounds like a pretty reasonable chain of events.

But.... they darn well better be working towards some EPCOTty goodness starting 10/01/07.

I've been out of the loop for a while, so has there been any reliable info as to the Timekeeper replacement? I mean, they seem to be working on it so I'm surprised more info hasn't trickled out.

brertigger

tirian said:
The question is, will they just set up beds in the restaurant, or in Tinkerbell's Dressing Roo--I mean, Walt's planned apartment? If that's where it's going to be done, they need to get that place decorated...NOW! (It was once used for switchboard operations, too.)

Not sure what location they'll use, but I remember in the past year or two, there was some Disney cereal box contest where you could win a trip to bring your sleeping bag and spend the night in the castle. So, it has been done before, and they know of a good location.

brertigger

Read on allearsnet.com the following about spending the night in the castle:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A day of royal treatment will end with a night of enchantment inside Cinderella Castle for a different lucky guest each night. Cinderella's royal bedchamber, now under construction at Magic Kingdom, will allow Disney guests to stay overnight inside the park and enjoy a view shared only by Tinker Bell. The lavishly decorated bedroom will be located in a space originally planned as an in-park apartment for the use of the Disney family.[/FONT]
[/FONT]​

bhg469

brertigger said:
Read on allearsnet.com the following about spending the night in the castle:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]​

WOW that is pretty surprising!! Not really any mention of that online that i have noticed. I really like that idea and it is truely going to be an amazing night for some lucky guest....

colliera

Fonts/Flash

Multiple Fonts on a single page is called clutter.

Among Quicktime, Windows Media Video, Real, and Flash - Flash is the more compressed yet clearest format to stream video.

So, I've finally found the downside to having been hired for the CareerStart program....I can't enter the contest!! :cry:

Ah well, I'll just have to work extra hard to make sure everyone else's dreams come true...because, really, my dream came true the moment I got my acceptance letter.

I think this celebration is going to be awesome! I can't wait to be a part of it :animwink:

disnyfan89

For anyone asking about time keeper (I have only looked at this thread because I dont have time to check everything) Monsters Inc is offical. Disney had posters up of Mikey with the Coment "Something funny is happening in there" back stage.

MiklCraw4d

tirian said:
Yeah, they're finally decorating it.

"It's only been shared by Tinkerbell"--nice touch.

I can't believe they're finally decorating the room. I really can't believe it's taken them this long. They could have done this ages ago and charged $10,000 a night for it and I'm sure someone would have ponied up for it.

I wonder how many logistical/backstage changes will have to be made to accommodate it. I assume since it was designed from the start to be an apartment it's pretty spacious. For some reason I've always envisioned it as small but I don't know why it would be. In fact, I'm not really sure where it's located. I don't know what else is crammed up in that castle besides the restaurant.

All that being said, and it's a super cool idea, I kinda wish they wouldn't call it 'Cinderella's Royal Bedchamber'. I'd love to stay there but I wouldn't want to think that I was snooping around Cindy's bedroom or something... Why not just the "Royal Bedchamber" or the "Kingdom Suite" or something? "Cinderella's Royal Bedchamber" sounds like something out of upsetting fanfic...

drnilescrane

Sorry to labour my point, but this is why I think the Walt Disney script should only be reserved for the words 'Walt Disney' - it looks absolutly stupid when used for anything else.

wannab@dis

drnilescrane said:
Sorry to labour my point, but this is why I think the Walt Disney script should only be reserved for the words 'Walt Disney' - it looks absolutly stupid when used for anything else.
No, it looks fine.

Maybe when you get hired, you can teach everyone there how things should be done correctly... your way of course. :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom