Major Announcement Secret is Out

MiklCraw4d

drnilescrane said:
secondly that logo and the website is definite proof that Computers should not be given to idiots who know how to brutaly abuse Flash. (The word 'Parks' should be in Times Roman, like the rest of Disney's logo's, not the Walt Disney logo font, which should only be used for the text 'Walt Disney' - that goes for everyone).

Amen to that.

MiklCraw4d

drnilescrane said:
Because it looks stupid using a highly decorative font, and it wasn't intended for that particular use. It's the same as typing up a Annual Report in Comic Sans MS (The Most Evil of All Fonts).
Sorry to immediately repost, but this kind of thing bugs me too and your post made me laugh out loud. I once had a design teacher who swore she'd fail us on the spot if we ever used Comic Sans MS in any project whatsoever. It cracks me up whenever anyone mentions it. I like your theoretical logo as well.

drnilescrane said:
As for the website, it uses flash to the extreme and creates an uppapealing site that is difficult to navigate. Flash is a privlage, not a right, and should be used to complement HTML, not replace it. I've kept quiet about Disney.com for a while, but this is to much.
I think my new .sig is going to be "Flash is a privilege, not a right". Truer words were never spoken. Disney.com has been a horror of excess for years and the new site is no different.

This is just an extended way of saying 'me,too!' but I had to say something because I agree so very closely with what you wrote.

michael

Maryssa*

drnilescrane said:
that logo and the website is definite proof that Computers should not be given to idiots who know how to brutaly abuse Flash. (The word 'Parks' should be in Times Roman, like the rest of Disney's logo's, not the Walt Disney logo font, which should only be used for the text 'Walt Disney'
I also agree with this =/ from someone with a degree in graphic design.

I also have personally always felt the "Disney" typeface should be reserved for his name only.

JEDIsney

Though I do like the website, I do have to agree with everybody else about the font and the flash.

I'm interested in the new theme, but I think I was expecting more. I'm positive that I'll like it as I keep on thinking about it, but I don't want to judge it too much yet, it's still in the early stages.

ISTCrew20

missionspace said:
Is there going to be any new parades or fireworks or rides?

Well, it's been rumored that Share a Dream Come True parade will be modified and will now be called "Dreams Come True", which would be for this celebration. Pirates and Princesses event will most likely be tied to this celebration too.

By the way, for anybody looking for the music used on the site, go listen to "Flying" from the Peter Pan soundtrack (the live action version released a few years back).

missionspace said:
I am also concerned! It seems like the only way to celebrate this celebration is if you win the contest! What about the rest of us! Since I never won anything ,I guess I can't take part in this celebration! I would assume a Golden Fastpass is a unlimited fastpass!

I was thinking the same thing, but I still don't completely understand it.

Captain Chaos

The only thing I am concerned out is: how many guests will complain about not receiving their dream come true?? You know how guests complains about everything.. I can see it now.. Family of four goes to WDW with the understanding that their daughter's wish of meeting Cinderella exclusively will be granted... They get to WDW, stay for the week, and not once are they chosen to meet Cinderella one on one... This happens to several thousand people a day... Imagine the complaints??? This can become one huge nightmare for Disney.... I still like the idea.. I am just saying, with how people don't like to read the entire description of this new marketing campaign, the complaint will be plentiful.....

Captain Chaos

MSTINKHERBELL01 said:
Whether I win or not I entered the contest. Good luck everyone who entered...may your dreams come true!:wave:

My dream is to meet all the Disney Princesses for.... What are my chances??? :) Hey Disney does say visit there to make your dreams come true right????

manutdfan1

is it me or is it odd there telling everyone BEFORE the event happens. I think this might be one of the things they announce but there is most likely bigger things to come.....

speck76

manutdfan1 said:
is it me or is it odd there telling everyone BEFORE the event happens. I think this might be one of the things they announce but there is most likely bigger things to come.....
not really....it builds anticipation

They have a press conference today and announce this new campaign...probably announce a new parade at MK along with re-announcing the Nemo show at DAK and Nemo attraction at Epcot, and maybe the princess/pirate hard ticket event....that gets people here for the fall season so there is no lag after HCOE ends.

On 10/1 when this begins, they will have a another press conference at the park, the press will see the new parade, and the new attractions will be open in time for the holidays. At that time, they will announce the timekeeper replacement (which will open after Christmas so that those already coming for christmas miss it, but it will be open in time for Spring Break so that people will come back) and they will announce the new MGM e-ticket, which will open towards then end of this marketing campaign, to keep it rolling until it ends, much like how EE opened the second year of HCOE.

that is my opinion anyway...

Firewolfe51

It may be a repeat question, but what is the start date of the new celebration? We are going Oct. 29-Nov. 4. Yep, a split month trip, so, will we get to experience both celebrations? We have already been to THCOE twice and are leaving this Friday to go again. A new theme might be nice:)

DLP Fan

ISTCrew20 said:
By the way, for anybody looking for the music used on the site, go listen to "Flying" from the Peter Pan soundtrack (the live action version released a few years back).

Does anyone know where I can hear this song? Only have Amazon or iTunes but the clip there doesnt sound like that of the website. If anyone has an mp3 they could send it would be much appreciated. My email is craigfergus@hotmail.com

nibblesandbits

speck76 said:
not really....it builds anticipation

They have a press conference today and announce this new campaign...probably announce a new parade at MK along with re-announcing the Nemo show at DAK and Nemo attraction at Epcot, and maybe the princess/pirate hard ticket event....that gets people here for the fall season so there is no lag after HCOE ends.

On 10/1 when this begins, they will have a another press conference at the park, the press will see the new parade, and the new attractions will be open in time for the holidays. At that time, they will announce the timekeeper replacement (which will open after Christmas so that those already coming for christmas miss it, but it will be open in time for Spring Break so that people will come back) and they will announce the new MGM e-ticket, which will open towards then end of this marketing campaign, to keep it rolling until it ends, much like how EE opened the second year of HCOE.

that is my opinion anyway...
sounds about right to me...that makes sense to do it that way.

nibblesandbits

Firewolfe51 said:
It may be a repeat question, but what is the start date of the new celebration? We are going Oct. 29-Nov. 4. Yep, a split month trip, so, will we get to experience both celebrations? We have already been to THCOE twice and are leaving this Friday to go again. A new theme might be nice:)
The start date I believe would be Oct. 1st or somewhere around that...b/c the HCOE camgaign ends Sept. 30...

funnybunny62662

I Really really and i mean really want that crown, but there's no CODE for it. im so so so so so so Disapointed, its so Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!! is there a code?:confused:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom