Major Announcement Secret is Out

wdwishes2005

drnilescrane said:
Because it looks stupid using a highly decorative font, and it wasn't intended for that particular use. It's the same as typing up a Annual Report in Comic Sans MS (The Most Evil of All Fonts).

logo.jpg

As for the website, it uses flash to the extreme and creates an uppapealing site that is difficult to navigate. Flash is a privlage, not a right, and should be used to complement HTML, not replace it. I've kept quiet about Disney.com for a while, but this is to much.
Amen to that. The main disney website is insane with the amount of Flash. It gets old fast.

JimboJones123

drnilescrane said:
Because it looks stupid using a highly decorative font, and it wasn't intended for that particular use. It's the same as typing up a Annual Report in Comic Sans MS (The Most Evil of All Fonts).

logo.jpg

As for the website, it uses flash to the extreme and creates an uppapealing site that is difficult to navigate. Flash is a privlage, not a right, and should be used to complement HTML, not replace it. I've kept quiet about Disney.com for a while, but this is to much.

WOW :eek: Don't know how to respond to logo rage?!?!?!?!?

The "real" logo is simpler and more "dreamy" What's wrong with that?

Besides, they are selling the parks -- not the resorts -- the way it should be. The reason they are wanting people to go is the PARKS! The average person that may visit Disney doesn't CARE A FLIP about the resorts. It can't hurt to market them, but they don't want to exclude people that stay at condos, motel 8, or hilton. It is much more friendly than excluding those that don't stay at the resorts from a real visit to disney. Besides, the guy stitting next to me at work that makes fun of me for visiting this sight doesn't know what a "Grand Floridian" is, but does want to take his kid to Disney World. He didn't even know there was more than one park there. They are trying to reach MORE people. That's all. Great strategy as far as I am concerned.

drnilescrane said:

logo.jpg

i completely agree that things like annual reports should be done in serious fonts, but this is supposed to attract people to come to the parks not be an annual report, you cant compare the two. using Walts handwriting also links it back to him reminding everyone of who started all of this and its not just a faceless corporation. it humanizes it. i dont see anything wrong with the site. i find it to be very appealing and makes it stand out from every other website.

Announcement:
Disney is changing its theme to Dreams Come True.
That is all.

...doesnt do it for me.

i understand that i might be annoying, when you just want to get to what you are looking for, but i wouldnt say anything is abused. 5 seconds isnt worth that much.

Richie248

I love the new logo, and the website is cool to navigate (with a fast computer). The little "dream videos" are also very cute!!

JimboJones123

I don't get flash -- so I wish they had more non-flash sites. Still have never seen what Disneylive is all about because of the flash.

Slowjack

drnilescrane said:

logo.jpg

I completely agree on the font thing. Putting "parks" in the signature makes no semantic sense. Honestly I don't know they are up to with this tight branding. Walt Disney World and Disneyland are the names of magical places...Disney Parks just sounds like a company division, no matter what font they put it in. I hope that they aren't planning on having the winning Super Bowl quarterback say, "I'm going to a Disney Park!"

As for the Flash overkill, which I agree that from a navigation point of view the design is weak, I think you have to cut the Web site some slack on this one. There's not much actual content there and the site is meant to be more fun than informative.

hokielutz

I have to say that the Ideal logo that was suggested is too busy. Three lines of text as opposed to two... I really don't see the need to make a huge fuss over the first version of the new theming. I believe as more content is added, there will be adjustments to this part of the site that may make it more pleasing to those who hate the use of flash here.

Anyway, its just my opinion

notnothin

drnilescrane said:

logo.jpg

/cry

tink81

drnilescrane said:

logo.jpg

I agree and I like your proposed logo very much!:sohappy:

I don't believe the good Dr Crane is asserting himself as the "Logo Police." He, along with some other design and marketing industry folks on this board are just talking fonts and which fonts to use when trying to convey specific messages. Industry professionals tend to get a bit passionate about fonts, and branding and design programs...it's just the geek in us. Flash is a cool program, but widely overused. Please don't take our conversing as whining and complaining....it's more of a critique;) :lol:

spoodles

drnilescrane said:
...the website is definite proof that Computers should not be given to idiots who know how to brutaly abuse Flash. (The word 'Parks' should be in Times Roman, like the rest of Disney's logo's, not the Walt Disney logo font, which should only be used for the text 'Walt Disney' - that goes for everyone).
What kills me about this post is the implication that the website coders are the decision makers. :lol:

JimboJones123

tink81 said:
Please don't take our conversing as whining and complaining....it's more of a critique;) :lol:

When it completely degrades the efforts put in and money involved and causes the outrage that it did, that's more than a critique. Especially to the point of "I CAN DO BETTER -- :p "

kal1484

danzingcutie12 said:
ok so this theme song already has me crying!!! And a night in cinderellas castle??? So cool

I wonder where they would have you sleep? Maybe the waiting area for Cindy's? There isn't a lot of room or anything...

Timmay

ArielBelle said:
Ha..okay...I had no problem navigating the website, there is two little videos, and not much else, so what else is there to navigate? Who made you Disney Logo Critic? :lookaroun

I think it looks amazing, there is no law to using the Walt Disney signature font, so stop being the Flash Logo Police.

Brought to you by the "thought police".

Good grief, lighten up there!!

PaisleyMF

First this is the best Flash site I've ever seen in a Loooooooong time.

The "Disney" Font remember is loosy based on Walt's Signature

Remember Disneyland Tokyo is NOT owned by Disney and Some Resorts in Walt Disney World also are NOT owned by Disney

I thinks is a great way to do something special for our guest. The ones that visit the parks not the ones that stays only (i never liked Extra Magic Hours)

(The link is just to show some samples of Walt's Disney autograph)

tink81

JimboJones123 said:
When it completely degrades the efforts put in and money involved and causes the outrage that it did, that's more than a critique. Especially to the point of "I CAN DO BETTER -- :p "

*shrugs* well thats the internet for you, never can tell when someone truly means to offend or is just impassioned.

nibblesandbits

I'm excited. This sounds like an interesting "celebration" and I can't wait to learn more about it.

And so what if it's a marketing ploy...to all you naysayers out there...isn't every "celebration" that Disney has a marketing ploy to get people to visit the parks? That was the impression that I was under.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom