Major Announcement on the Way?

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
it's like comparing Indiana Jones Adventure to DINOSAUR or the four Haunted Mansions or Pirates rides to each other. Heck, look at how many spinny Dumbo-style rides there are. And being in debt means nothing. Look at the USA...our debt is astronomical and we still spend, spend, spend.

Hell, I am just hoping that they are going to announce the return of the Fairytale package (where you got 7 days for the price of 4...or was it 3). When they announce that, let me know. :D

AkEverestAK

indy

i dont understand why nobody thinks a indy ride will be coming. if its the disney mgm studios' 15 year anniversary, then i think they should announce this ride for mgm. so many people want it here, and the new movie is coming out soon as well. also, they could talk about the demolition of the indy stunt spectacular.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Its a new meetn greet where you can buy merchandise including pins directly from your favourite character (saves on staff numbers too)

jrriddle

Re: indy

Originally posted by AkEverestAK
i dont understand why nobody thinks a indy ride will be coming. if its the disney mgm studios' 15 year anniversary, then i think they should announce this ride for mgm. so many people want it here, and the new movie is coming out soon as well. also, they could talk about the demolition of the indy stunt spectacular.

I only posted it as a joke because it's is such a hot rumour on these boards.
Alot of people want it. Some people have said it's a done deal, others say no chance.
Personally I don't see it happening...at least not for a while.

SirNim

Originally posted by antoinebusby
Hell, I am just hoping that they are going to announce the return of the Fairytale package (where you got 7 days for the price of 4...or was it 3). When they announce that, let me know. :D
:lol: I'd settle for that!

A new attraction will only bump the admission prices up even more! :lol:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Re: indy

Originally posted by AkEverestAK

One reason: $

Dayma

I agree since they dont want 2 stunt shows. The current Indy Stunt show is getting a tad old.

Maybe Disney will actually build a new darkride?......ohh wait they care more about thrill rides now so I doubt it :(. A raft ride is old and there is nothing new about it, same thing with coasters especially since they are already building everest. Just my opinion but it seems Disney needs some diversification here....

CTXRover

I'm not anticipating any major announcement in terms of an actual new attraction. I could be wrong, but I imagine the major announcement will be along the lines of what WDW is planning to do as part of the worldwide celebration of Disneyland's 50th that starts about one year from now. May 5th is the same day DL is having its huge media event for the grand opening of their TOT and is also the same time when they will announce what they've got in store for DL's 50th. Things may have changed, but original plans had the media event consisting of "live" feeds from the other Disney resorts around the world about their involvement in the 50th too. That is what I'm expecting in line of a major announcment anyway.

However, if there was some chance something new was to be announced, I would've expected something for MGM, considering its now its 15th anniversary, vs announcing something new for Epcot (if the river ride is true, that would be 3 new E-tickets for Epcot in a short period of time, while MGM only gets a new (mind you a spectacular) stunt show). How about the Great Muppet Ride! ;)

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
The entire media event is not necessarily only at MGM. It's a two-day event. The last time they had a two-day event, they announced Expedition: EVEREST, Soarin', Lights, Camera Action!, and Stitch.

Originally posted by blackride
I agree since they dont want 2 stunt shows. The current Indy Stunt show is getting a tad old.

Especially since that guy in the bright pink Hawaiian shirt is there EVERY time!!!!

:brick: :brick: :brick:

tomm4004

it's like comparing Indiana Jones Adventure to DINOSAUR or the four Haunted Mansions or Pirates rides to each other. Heck, look at how many spinny Dumbo-style rides there are. And being in debt means nothing. Look at the USA...our debt is astronomical and we still spend, spend, spend.

But we don't have four Mansions or Pirates at WDW - they are spread out around the world. Kali is a sub-standard attraction. If Grizzly is better than it will just make Kali seem that much worse. I think they go to the same well much too often. Star Tours and Body Wars, too many 3-D movies where you get splashed with water. I agree there are lots of Dumbo rides but that's the problem. They can't come up with something different.

Figment1986

maby they will talk of new deals for stock holders.........

and a new attraction for each park to open in a few years after the last announced ones would open......

Defend10

For those of you who think we're getting a grizzly clone here at Epcot, we can't forget that things have to be fair. Every country has the exact same size plot of land, and Canada obviously uses theirs to the max already. With a huge river ride out back, there's no way every other country who paid so much to have their equal space would just sit there and smile as Disney paid to make a huge publicity move for another country. It makes no sense, and if Disney really POd the other countries like that, well...

Figment1986

Originally posted by Defend10
For those of you who think we're getting a grizzly clone here at Epcot, we can't forget that things have to be fair. Every country has the exact same size plot of land, and Canada obviously uses theirs to the max already. With a huge river ride out back, there's no way every other country who paid so much to have their equal space would just sit there and smile as Disney paid to make a huge publicity move for another country. It makes no sense, and if Disney really POd the other countries like that, well...

however on a bright side, if disney does that it might get countries that dont have rides to considder adding rides....

and get newer countries....

but i doubt that would work...

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
Just because it might make the other countries jealous does not mean Disney will never add any remotely worthwhile rides to World Showcase. And to call Kali sub-standard is a bit unreasonable. It is the best theme raft ride I have ever been on, for its brevity, and the lengthy waits suggest that a lot of people like it. And Disney runs 11 parks worldwide (well, has 11 parks worldwide, runs 9). It would be very hard to have different rides at every park, and it is a small minority of guests that visit both Disneyland and Disney World with any frequency. I know a lot of people on these boards do, but I think that like me, for most of us, going to one of the resorts is far cheaper than going to the other, which is why I go to wdw every year and am only making my second trip to Disneyland in summer 2005.

I know most of us would like to see the Indiana Jones Adventure at MGM, so clones are apparently okay in some cases. And a re-imagineered Grizzly River Run would be great for Epcot. As someone else noted, it's one of the few rides that people like at DCA. Granted I loved Cali Adventure, but that's another topic altogether...

JTFerret

I think it will be to announce the continuing tradition of sequels to all our favorite Disney classics like...

Electric Bugaloo, the Emperor's Next Groove.
Sister Bear
Home in the Range
and The Alamo, Does Anyone Even Remember? Anyone? Anyone?

:lol: :lookaroun :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom