Major Announcement on the Way?

NemoRocks78

Seized
Popeye and Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges at Universal's Islands of Adventure is the most heavily themed raft ride I've ever seen or been on. It tells a story, and the theming is great. Kali River Rapids isn't that well themed, and same for Grizzly River Run (well, it does have the mountain). If they can do a Brother Bear-themed raft ride, on par with Popeye and Bluto's, then it's a great idea. If not, and we wind up with another Kali, then it's not.

As for the announcements.....I would think that it may shed some light on the metal detector rumors, what's going on with the 20K Lagoon, possibly Haunted Mansion Holiday (we can only hope), the "it's a small world" rehab, and some more info on the auto stunt show, Soarin', Stitch's Great Escape, and Everest. I wouldn't think that the announcement for the raft ride (if it happens) would come now, but maybe during Soarin's grand opening event, or possibly during the opening of SGE.

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
Well, the demolition of 20K has come along relatively quickly--I know I wasn't expecting it quite this soon, so maybe they will talk about it...

imagineer99

Originally posted by ISTCNavigator57
Well, the demolition of 20K has come along relatively quickly--I know I wasn't expecting it quite this soon, so maybe they will talk about it...

It's interesting that you say this, because I was just thinking the same thing.

How could us Disney Nuts not know about this months beforehand?!:D

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Originally posted by imagineer99

Secondly, when you ride a raft ride, people spend most of their time trying to avoid the constant barrage of water sprinklers.

Surveys have shown those who ride water attractions want to get wet, and are more likely to complain if the splash count is too low.

Shaman

How could us Disney Nuts not know about this months beforehand?!:D

Is it possible, that they will announce a new e-ticket to go in the lagoon area and that they've kept it so hush-hush that it is a REAL possibility???

I doubt it...but I haven't lost any hope....

:D

jrriddle

I don't know if this would count as a major announcement or not but Michael (the webmaster) at Mouseinfo claims that WDI are preparing 2 more Lucky the Dinosaurs for the parks.
Perhaps this has something to do with Lucky coming to WDW.
Perhaps Grizz, Lee, or someone else in the know could check it out?

imagineer99

Originally posted by Pumbas Nakasak
Surveys have shown those who ride water attractions want to get wet, and are more likely to complain if the splash count is too low.

WET is a very different thing then DRENCHED . I doubt people enjoy coming off a ride so wet that everything from their socks to their shoes is doused in water. Splash mountain is a "comfortable" wet. It is cool and refreshing.

Going a raft ride is like taking a bath with your clothes on. Considering the majority of people who go on raft rides wear ponchos, I doubt they enjoy the wet feel.

MKBurn15

WET is a very different thing then DRENCHED . I doubt people enjoy coming off a ride so wet that everything from their socks to their shoes is doused in water. Splash mountain is a "comfortable" wet. It is cool and refreshing.

Going a raft ride is like taking a bath with your clothes on. Considering the majority of people who go on raft rides wear ponchos, I doubt they enjoy the wet feel.

Depends on what kind of day it is.:rolleyes:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
WET

I would say its more of a question of vanity, ooh dont mess my hair, being wimps its cool in this 80degree heat with that breeze (try Scottish summers) and the fact that weve become soft in our air conditioned centraly heated homes. You get wet you dry, take your socks off 1st and theres never a real problem.

Prior Planning Prevents P*** Poor Performance:D

Passport

The EPCOT F&G Festival Guide says the Osbourne Lights will be at MGM Nov 24- Jan 2. And a Doll and Teddy Bear weekend a EPCOT on Dec 3-5. Anyone ever hear of that?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom