Major 2015 Pirates of the Caribbean Refurbishment Watch/Rumor.

ToTBellHop

Dates are now confirmed direct from Disney. Looks like 4.5 months is what we're going to get. Hope it's enough time to really get the ride back in shape.
So Phil won. Darn. This is the shortest possible refurb just to get it functional. Sad. Thanks for the info, though. At least the ride should be safe once it returns. Maybe they'll sneak in a few updates, but this won't provide enough time for much.

ToTBellHop

Ha! I missed it.
I guess I was too pre-occupied thinking "Vacation ruined!"
I know. What will us summer visitors do without the surprise drenching from stagnant water and the frequent breakdowns screwing up our FP+ reservations? While Pirates is a favorite, it clearly needs work so I'm happy to miss out on it for it to be fixed. Silver lining--PotC frequently breaks down anyway, and with it closed all summer, Disney is unlikely to close anything else of substance.

ToTBellHop

Well, it's something, though it probably should be closed longer - there is a lot that needs addressing. Hopefully the budget is robust. Last thing MK needs is another Space Mountain bungling.
This should actually be the opposite of Space Mountain. Space had its much-needed infrastructure updates (new track) cut in favor of slapping on some lipstick to make it seem new to us. Pirates' refurb is largely about infrastructure. I'm sure there will be complaints here in September about how not much changed but summer in the MK was ruined.

ToTBellHop

Sounds legit.
Just to confirm, it's Jungle Cruise --> Wonders of Life and now Pirates of the Caribbean --> Odyssey Restaurant. I'm hoping that Disney makes it a threepeat and moves "it's a small world" to the former Millennium Celebration building in World Showcase so people can stop complaining about there being nothing to do in World Showcase West.

Kman101

Can we not with the Epcot/moving things jokes? This is about POTC and the refurb.

I'm disappointed it's only four months. It needs at least a year. Phil won I see. Ugh. Isn't it about time he "retired to spend time with his family"?

At least it's getting work done I suppose and Splash proved they can do a lot in a short amount of time so I'm hopeful. We will see I guess.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom