Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

Clamman73

And another pic of hub redevelopment.
image.jpeg

hokielutz

Another question.... are the lighting scaffolds on both sides of the ramps a permanent fixture, or are they only temporary??
Do they retract into the ground during the daytime?

Otamin

Hmm. I see the smaller shrubby "trees" that had been planted in each of the flower beds in the center of the hub have disappeared. Note the green box in the lower left corner in @Clamman73's panorama.

These have been removed:
Main-Street-USA_Full_23594.jpg

Main-Street-USA_Full_23591.jpg
Probably a bit too big.

To be fair with trees that big there's little to no point in keeping them.

Last edited:

cookiee_munster

there's something about the castle that just looks kind of "plonked down" like if you were creating something in rollercoaster tycoon... level land and plonk.

it may look like a castle. it just doesn't "look" like a castle though. it's fake, yes. but i think with all the levelling and concreting around it just kind of enhances the fact that it is a big 40yr old plastic castle...

maybe the ramps will help with making it not looked so plonked...

TTA94

there's something about the castle that just looks kind of "plonked down" like if you were creating something in rollercoaster tycoon... level land and plonk.

it may look like a castle. it just doesn't "look" like a castle though. it's fake, yes. but i think with all the levelling and concreting around it just kind of enhances the fact that it is a big 40yr old plastic castle...

Maybe for the 50th they will replace the castle with SDLs lol.

Last edited:

Otamin

My feelings on the matter are apparent, but it's because of the fact certain things (which I shouldn't mention in fear of starting the topic again) were taken away from the central hub section.

It's a shame since the other castles are a lot more grounded and seem to fit into their environment more.

That said in general I'm impressed with the hub improvements, I just hope the central section echoes that of its former glory someday (or becomes more like its counterpart in Anaheim).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom