Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

Disney Analyst

I want to mention my hometown redid the main street downtown, basically the sidewalks and infrastructure.. It was a three year project. It's really not a strange anomaly.

Kman101

They've done a great job with it. Looks nicely done with trees, landscaping, signage, lighting ... job well done and I'd almost prefer to walk that way permanently (well, most of the time).

ryguy

It's going to take me awhile to get used to these new turrets in front of castle. I like the look of them with the new Fantasyland,but not sure about them in front of the castle.

That bypass should be a huge help with congestion. Very well done.

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
It's going to take me awhile to get used to these new turrets in front of castle. I like the look of them with the new Fantasyland,but not sure about them in front of the castle.

That bypass should be a huge help with congestion. Very well done.

I agree about the turrets in front of the castle. I'm not sure if I like them or not. I will have to reserve judgement until I get a chance to see them in person. To me they seem to throw off the forced perspective of the castle; making it look smaller.

The bypass looks great! My only concern is that there is nothing to spend my money on throughout the entire area. Maybe they could strategically place a churro cart halfway through. ;)

Next Big Thing

Second, the fact we are now 19 months into this thing and it is still not "complete" is pretty incredible for what is basically expanded sidewalks and gardens. Yes they only work at night, for a limited period, in the busiest park. But 19 months!
The Main Street Bypass was never meant to be done in a few months. It was a side project that they only worked on a few days a week until about February or March when they started to actually really put in work.

It's not a main guest area (only open 3 hours a night) so it was never high priority.

DGracey

The Main Street Bypass was never meant to be done in a few months. It was a side project that they only worked on a few days a week until about February or March when they started to actually really put in work.

It's not a main guest area (only open 3 hours a night) so it was never high priority.

My post references the hub (the topic of this thread). The bypass is a separate issue. But neither are "complete."

Animaniac93-98

Miceage update shows one of the turrets no longer has construction walls around it:

DSC2831.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom