Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

ChristianG

Where is this building located at?
Looking at Main Street from the hub, it's located on the very far left corner of Main Street.

You can see it in this photo taken by wdwmagic earlier this year:
Main-Street-USA_Full_23371.jpg

JoeCamel

As someone who walked down Mainstreet for most of two years every morning up until two years ago it was jarring to walk in yesterday at 3:45 and see nothing but a wall of castle down the street. Much better flow in the hub but it is a wall at the end rather than a place I am called to.

Trees? yeah trees could help.... don't really know what they could have done different. The flow is much better but the view is gone forever.

Watched the castle show and fireworks from the east FP area and I did have a light tower smack in the way of my view. Would have been annoying even if I didn't know it was there from reading here

cspencer96

Think it all looks lovely, but I wish they had put in some seating
They did. If you look at photos, almost all of the walls are low and bench-like. They actually increased the seating. No, it is not aesthetically pleasing like a bench, and it is also not as comfortable, but it is the safer alternative. Safety, Courtesy, Show, Efficiency. They hit the first and last Keys with these wall-benches.

gmajew

I was all for the hub project but now seeing some of the new pictures I am worried something is missing. I am hoping it is just the angles of the pictures but it did not look this open when I was on site now it appears wrong.

note2001

I was all for the hub project but now seeing some of the new pictures I am worried something is missing. I am hoping it is just the angles of the pictures but it did not look this open when I was on site now it appears wrong.
Since I was there at the start of July, I think it looks much improved with all the additional trees where the rose garden used to be and the new walkways. The center ring of the hub is more open than it ever was though with the planters having been reduced in size. It has a certain 'frying pan' feel to it that will most likely remain until the day Mother Nature reclaims this land. (Hopefully that won't be for thousands of years)

peter11435

Since I was there at the start of July, I think it looks much improved with all the additional trees where the rose garden used to be and the new walkways. The center ring of the hub is more open than it ever was though with the planters having been reduced in size. It has a certain 'frying pan' feel to it that will most likely remain until the day Mother Nature reclaims this land. (Hopefully that won't be for thousands of years)

Just so there is no misunderstanding. The planters in the hub were not reduced in size as part of this project. They are currently the exact same size they have been for years. They were reduced about 10 years ago.

SpaceMountain75

Hub update:
Walls were down on two planters today. One by Tomorrowland's entrance:
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

And one by Liberty Square's entrance:
image.jpeg

This side has a LOT bigger trees than Tomorrowland's.
image.jpeg

SpaceMountain75 update: very grateful for another trip to WDW and glad I got to see all the #hubbub. So cool to see the results from what was behind the walls last year. I hope the end product turns out as well as (most) of the rest has.

RSoxNo1

Hub update:
Walls were down on two planters today. One by Tomorrowland's entrance:View attachment 112767

View attachment 112768
And one by Liberty Square's entrance:
View attachment 112769
This side has a LOT bigger trees than Tomorrowland's.
View attachment 112770
SpaceMountain75 update: very grateful for another trip to WDW and glad I got to see all the #hubbub. So cool to see the results from what was behind the walls last year. I hope the end product turns out as well as (most) of the rest has.
I was told there would be no trees. Now that there are trees, they're not the right trees. I need to be angry about something.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom