Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

Bolt

MFbiX2R.jpg

(sniped from Facebook)

It seems the walls are significantly lower this morning.
It's because Dream Along With Mickey is back.

roj2323

It's because Dream Along With Mickey is back.

Isn't that just an assumption though? The rigs were not there prior to Dream Along With Mickey going dark and nothing has really changed on either side of the stage warranting the temporary rigs be it lighting, or sound.

DaBears81

Something to do with Night of Joy perhaps?!? Seems awful early for anything like that though. Hopefully it just has to do with the new turrets not being ready and are just there for a day or two!

Brian

Something to do with Night of Joy perhaps?!? Seems awful early for anything like that though. Hopefully it just has to do with the new turrets not being ready and are just there for a day or two!

Well I'm sure they're not permanent, considering they have turrets right next to them that serve the exact same purpose.

Bolt

Isn't that just an assumption though? The rigs were not there prior to Dream Along With Mickey going dark and nothing has really changed on either side of the stage warranting the temporary rigs be it lighting, or sound.
My guess the rig is actually for the new Halloween show.

Goofyernmost

Well I'm sure they're not permanent, considering they have turrets right next to them that serve the exact same purpose.
Perhaps, the new stuff is not yet operational, judging by the scrims still up on the main turrets. So until they are operational they need the temporary stuff rather then have nothing at all.

LL2WDW

My guess the rig is actually for the new Halloween show.

It's lighting and audio truss for Night of Joy. They've been installed a bit earlier because everyone in that area is fighting for their own time: NOJ, construction, Halloween rehearsals. So you have to spread it out more than usual. They'll be gone by Halloween (it's much faster to strike than to build).

roj2323

It's lighting and audio truss for Night of Joy. They've been installed a bit earlier because everyone in that area is fighting for their own time: NOJ, construction, Halloween rehearsals. So you have to spread it out more than usual. They'll be gone by Halloween (it's much faster to strike than to build).
Now this makes sense.

LL2WDW

MK looks like DHS with all those metal trusses up. Gross. Get em down. Those should never up in any Disney park, ever.

Truss rigs like that have been used for NOJ for years and years (in the past, they were much larger, and in several locations). They were used for Grad Nite in years past, for NYE all over Epcot, for many years during Gay Days at Studios. They have big lighting rigs and power drops for the Christmas filming, and other TV specials.

Just pointing out that this has been going on for a long time; not something new. Because I know someone will cry "TDO of yesterday would never allow..."

Sage of Time

Truss rigs like that have been used for NOJ for years and years (in the past, they were much larger, and in several locations). They were used for Grad Nite in years past, for NYE all over Epcot, for many years during Gay Days at Studios. They have big lighting rigs and power drops for the Christmas filming, and other TV specials.

Just pointing out that this has been going on for a long time; not something new. Because I know someone will cry "TDO of yesterday would never allow..."
And they've always looked ugly. LOL.

WDWLover#1

Went today. Nothing much has changed since the recent updates. The other day though (Friday) there were loads of helicopters flying low over typhoon lagoon. They had a red bottom with a wavy yellow line. Are these Disney helicopters?

note2001

Went today. Nothing much has changed since the recent updates. The other day though (Friday) there were loads of helicopters flying low over typhoon lagoon. They had a red bottom with a wavy yellow line. Are these Disney helicopters?
Sounds like the Orlando Helicopter Tour company, not Disney. With luck it means we'll have some new aerial photos posted soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom