Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

Bartattack

tree2.jpg

There, fixed it! The light pole is hidden and there are trees for extra shade! ;)

note2001

tree2.jpg

There, fixed it! The light pole is hidden and there are trees for extra shade! ;)
I have no problem with this vision whatsoever :D Mother nature has mankind beat with perfect designs.

By the way, the prior edition of the hub used trees to hide the poles this way. I recall looking at a funny looking tree (no contacts that day) and then realizing it had lighting concealed within its branches.

halltd

The light poles stand out MUCH more in photos than they do in person. Granted, I don't ever stay to watch Wishes, but during normal viewing of the castle while walking around the MK, I almost have to try to notice them. Our eye/brain combination is able to focus on the castle and pretty much ignore the poles while a photograph (or, more correctly a digital image) shows what is there at equal "weight."
I watched Wishes for the first time in a long time this weekend and I have to say the light poles were the least of my worries...although I do hate them. What obstructed my view more than anything? People with the iPads held way above their heads and/or people with the LED flash on solid while videoing the fireworks with their iPhone. It was horrible. HORRIBLE! I guarantee they never watch those videos either because they were of such horrid quality anyways.

note2001

I watched Wishes for the first time in a long time this weekend and I have to say the light poles were the least of my worries...although I do hate them. What obstructed my view more than anything? People with the iPads held way above their heads and/or people with the LED flash on solid while videoing the fireworks with their iPhone. It was horrible. HORRIBLE! I guarantee they never watch those videos either because they were of such horrid quality anyways.
I agree, those ipads have to go. It's hard enough having to look around the children hoisted up onto shoulders, but the ground level lights distract and I've found myself staring at the show through the ipads.

Every night, there are folk out there with equipment to rival professionals recording the exact same thing everyone else is seeing, and quite a bit of it ends up on youtube in HD.

My solution: let people know they don't need to watch their shows through viewfinders to remember it. Disney should consider streaming the fireworks nightly to the web.

gmajew

Premium Member
Light Poles are a fail and I really don't understand why they even need them... Could have done the lighting different....

Hub project on whole is well done and must needed.

Next Big Thing

Light Poles are a fail and I really don't understand why they even need them... Could have done the lighting different....

Hub project on whole is well done and must needed.
They honestly add nothing. I worked on MS USA and they run them for every parade (which is ridiculous) and the lights add very little to the MSEP. The lights are simple can lighting, they could've done a better job with stronger lights from farther away.

lazyboy97o

The light poles stand out MUCH more in photos than they do in person. Granted, I don't ever stay to watch Wishes, but during normal viewing of the castle while walking around the MK, I almost have to try to notice them. Our eye/brain combination is able to focus on the castle and pretty much ignore the poles while a photograph (or, more correctly a digital image) shows what is there at equal "weight."
Disney makes the photogenic nature of the parks a part of the "Disney Difference." Stuff like colors chosen for how they would appear on film or how important photos are to memories and magic.

SpaceMountain75

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom