Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Wednesday, Aug 19. Finally, a tree has appeared in the planter box in front of the restrooms and entrance to Tomorrowland Terrace restaurant.

IMG_5956.JPG

Sod grass and additional plants now installed in the Rose Garden area of the new hub design.

IMG_5957.JPG

P_Radden

Photo update as of Wednesday, Aug 19. Finally, a tree has appeared in the planter box in front of the restrooms and entrance to Tomorrowland Terrace restaurant.

View attachment 106803

Sod grass and additional plants now installed in the Rose Garden area of the new hub design.

View attachment 106804
Your pics just made my day! I will be back down in 10 days. I hope the walls will be down around the "Rose Garden" area when we get there. Thanks as always for your photo updates!

WDWtraveler

I hope the walls will be down around the "Rose Garden" area when we get there.

The "Rose Garden" area will continue to be walled off as the hub "circle" connecting concrete and railings are still under construction next to the Rose Garden.

P.S. As of today, there is already some Halloween merchandise on prominent display in the Main Street Emporium.

Last edited:

WDWLover#1

View attachment 106771
View attachment 106772 View attachment 106773
View attachment 106774 I found out something interesting. This is Mainstreet related, althought it is at the opposite end. The entrance tunnels have lost their map pockets that were lining the walls. I was at MK on Sunday 8/16 and noticed this. (my last visit was May 22-23 and they were on the walls) I think that it is an improvement in looks as well as guest flow. Used to always get bottle necks there.

My first thought was, What The Heck! Then I saw the map kiosks located before the tunnels, in the tunnels and after the tunnels. I think that it brings it more in line with the rest of the parks now.
There was a news story a couple of months ago saying that the maps would be reduced because more people use the app and environment etc. being there on Monday I think it was a lot better looks cleaner. You could still get them.

Sage of Time

I've been hearing that ops has decided to pack the hub gardens with 100 extra FP people by using the walkways as FP only areas? If it's true, it's pure BS and antithetical to the use of the new Hub.

If you're taking about the moziacs in the castle, I just saw them three weeks ago, they are still there and when there is no construction the path through the castle is still wide open. If that's not what you are talking about, I guess I missed something. I'm not sure what you are referring too.
I want all you folks to know the reason Disney leaves the light poles in front of the castle is to block your perfect picture. Disney has trademarked the pictures and they are the only ones that want the perfect picture shot. It is a business and they do sell these pictures. You would think as much money as you pay to go to the park that you could have a perfect castle shot. But they have offset the light poles making it virtually impossible for you to get a center pic without a lamp pole in the way. That is why the lamp poles are T-style lamp poles. It is a slick way for Disney to block your perfect view of the castle. Every picture I took this summer was interfered by the T-style poles. Do not let them fool you. If they were concerned about lighting they would have put the normal straight style lamp poles but it is not about the lighting at all. Disney has been making poor choices for quit some time. I am sad to say this was our third trip and things seem to be getting worse. They brought in a bunch of contractors and put a bunch of rude people to replace the former workers who were doing a very good job. If you are planning a trip to Disney, it used to be magical. Maybe you could consider replacing Disney with Universal. Universal will let you take pictures of their castle.

Brian

Terrrrrrible. A whole new hub, just for this. MK ops should be ashamed.
I want all you folks to know the reason Disney leaves the light poles in front of the castle is to block your perfect picture. Disney has trademarked the pictures and they are the only ones that want the perfect picture shot. It is a business and they do sell these pictures. You would think as much money as you pay to go to the park that you could have a perfect castle shot. But they have offset the light poles making it virtually impossible for you to get a center pic without a lamp pole in the way. That is why the lamp poles are T-style lamp poles. It is a slick way for Disney to block your perfect view of the castle. Every picture I took this summer was interfered by the T-style poles. Do not let them fool you. If they were concerned about lighting they would have put the normal straight style lamp poles but it is not about the lighting at all. Disney has been making poor choices for quit some time. I am sad to say this was our third trip and things seem to be getting worse. They brought in a bunch of contractors and put a bunch of rude people to replace the former workers who were doing a very good job. If you are planning a trip to Disney, it used to be magical. Maybe you could consider replacing Disney with Universal. Universal will let you take pictures of their castle.

After 20+ trips to Walt Disney World, I've still yet to encounter a rude cast member. Whereas, during my two visits to Universal Orlando, I've yet to encounter a nice employee.

As for "the picture perfect Castle shot," just stand on Main Street like the Photopass Photographers do all day. There's no saying you can't take a picture on Main Street; plenty of people do every day. The T-Style lamp poles are, in my opinion, a lot classier than what was there before, and bring a new level of theming to the hub that we had not enjoyed before.

Also, I took plenty of great photos of the castle during my visit, from all angles in the hub, and very few of them had lampposts in the shot. And for the ones that did have them, it doesn't really ruin the picture either.

Goofyernmost

Sure they did! Thanks for letting us know. Damn Disney!

ToTBellHop

Also, we didn't land on the moon, right?

captainmoch

After 20+ trips to Walt Disney World, I've still yet to encounter a rude cast member. Whereas, during my two visits to Universal Orlando, I've yet to encounter a nice employee.
Really? :rolleyes: I don't know about you, but I've encountered just as many rude cast members as I have Universal employees, and in both resorts it was not that many. Both have their good and bad employees, no need to sound like a biased .

ToTBellHop

Really? :rolleyes: I don't know about you, but I've encountered just as many rude cast members as I have Universal employees, and in both resorts it was not that many. Both have their good and bad employees, no need to sound like a biased ******.
Yeah, it would be quite incredible to get through even one week at Disney and not encounter a SINGLE rude CM. I've never been so lucky. But, the bulk are of course very nice.

SpaceMountain75

image.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom