Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

Sped2424

The new turrets are looking show ready. At least the tall ones. Won't be much longer before they are revealed by the way they look.

note2001

The most excitement this thread has seen in the last week was the visual sighting of the turret tops on the highway. Even installing them went a little slower than we thought.

Next 'big' posting will be the planters being filled in... I think.

Next 'big' posting will be the planters being filled in... I think.
Or the completion of the concrete conversion - which is much closer than it was even a week ago. I'd settle for that at this point since that has to happen first. At least the light poles and speakers are in place in the planters.

SpaceMountain75

Do you think it will be done by Thanksgiving?
image.jpg

Goofyernmost

Just in time for those massive September crowds. :rolleyes:
I've only been to WDW in September twice, but, both times were the biggest crowds I had ever seen there. But, even if that isn't the case, they still need time to grow out the planters and that is something that Disney Magic cannot do without the help of time and nature.

Sage of Time

Anyone have pictures of the new turrets from Main Street? Curious to see how they frame the castle. I expect the castle to look even larger...

Kman101

Anyone have pictures of the new turrets from Main Street? Curious to see how they frame the castle. I expect the castle to look even larger...

I think damouse had an update. I thought it was linked in here. They had many shots of it. I'm pretty sure it was them.

flyerjab

I think damouse had an update. I thought it was linked in here. They had many shots of it. I'm pretty sure it was them.

DaMouse has a huge update with a lot of photos. The one photo that struck me was one of the first ones posted. They took a shot of the castle right as MSUSA starts to open into the hub. There are more visible trees now as this keeps going. Also, looking at the latest rendering, they really have not started on the section that is really going to add more green to this project. I know it will never be how it was back in 'the day', but it will be a huge improvement over how it has been of late.

Clamman73

I was just looking at those...It's interesting how it changes the look of the castle view from a ways back on Main St since it kinda widens out the look of the castle a bit even though they're separate from the castle itself.

Kman101

DaMouse has a huge update with a lot of photos. The one photo that struck me was one of the first ones posted. They took a shot of the castle right as MSUSA starts to open into the hub. There are more visible trees now as this keeps going. Also, looking at the latest rendering, they really have not started on the section that is really going to add more green to this project. I know it will never be how it was back in 'the day', but it will be a huge improvement over how it has been of late.

I think it will be too. I like the open park area where the fake grass is but I realized why it doesn't 100% work for me. It needs a tree or two. Not gonna happen but it would *look* so much better. Even though I like it as it is. I'm really looking forward to seeing the entire hub complete.

I like the look of the new turrets and what they do for the castle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom