Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

betty rose

It's the alternate reality WDW wants people to believe in, The 'Blue Pill' version if you like.

The fact I have not been able to make a FP+ reservation since I was FORCED to participate in on of the early so called TESTS at BLT is not an opinion, The fact that on LILO's initial rollout WDW cancelled one half of a linked reservation at Christmas and was unable do anything about it is a FACT (Thank god for southwest and no change fees).

Because of being on the receiving end of this BRAVO-SIERRA I've no incentive to cut TWDC any slack, The only reason I still go is because the rest of the family STILL likes it and I'm just one vote in my families universe.
I completely understand where you are coming from I have a love no love relationship with Disney, I really miss when people were treated as people, unfortunately people have changed, mostly it's me. me.. me... and I think Disney has responded. I have grandkids, and kids that love Disney....and so do I for different reasons....I like the space (outside the parks), the warm weather (from Denver, where summer is very short), and flowers of any kind, so few that can survive in our high altitude and dry climate... so I always welcome a Disney vacation....I find other things to enjoy....sure I go on rides with the grandkids....after lunch, it's grandma's and grandpa's time.....enjoying resorts...resting in the air conditioned room, and reading or napping. I'm not a go getter as I used to be....:D

Cesar R M

Hey all! Just read something interesting. I was checking out some pics of the new hub at http://atdisneyagain.com/2015/04/12/whats-all-the-hub-bub/ and I noticed in the introduction it said that some of the lighting fixtures were supposedly temporary. Does anyone know if there's any truth to that?
I hope thats truth.

I imagine they are temporarily installed until:
a) they finish the lightning castle towers.
b) they finish doing the landscapping and the hub expansions ( so they can install the pretty light fixtures)

SpaceMountain75

I hope thats truth.

I imagine they are temporarily installed until:
a) they finish the lightning castle towers.
b) they finish doing the landscapping and the hub expansions ( so they can install the pretty light fixtures)
Boy that'd be great, wouldn't it? Especially since they have the same retractable lighting poles up by the castle.

G00fyDad

Boy that'd be great, wouldn't it? Especially since they have the same retractable lighting poles up by the castle.

Keep in mind that I am speaking from a place of "ignorance" on how these things work, but would Disney really place a retractable pole in an area that guests could easily get to? I know it sounds ridiculous. However, you know as well as I do that if someone has the capability of touching something like that while it is in motion then some moron will do it. Maybe for a joke, or maybe out of stupidity. Even if they place them in a flower bed (out of normal pedestrian reach) some fool will cross the railings to get to them. The ones by the castle are out of possible reach aren't they?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Keep in mind that I am speaking from a place of "ignorance" on how these things work, but would Disney really place a retractable pole in an area that guests could easily get to?
Sure. World Showcase had them since 1982. False rocks, signs and the like. A false shrub (or even a real one covering the box base) would do it. Have a CM stood by it when in motion if needs be.

Or even just telescoping into a regular height lamppost.

When you've seen Disneyland's Fantasmic show rigs retract into the floor - in the middle of the viewing area - a lamppost doesn't seem too hard to do.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Sure. World Showcase had them since 1982. False rocks, signs and the like. A false shrub (or even a real one covering the box base) would do it. Have a CM stood by it when in motion if needs be.

Or even just telescoping into a regular height lamppost.

When you've seen Disneyland's Fantasmic show rigs retract into the floor - in the middle of the viewing area - a lamppost doesn't seem too hard to do.

Unfortunately all that stuff came from a TWDC which no longer exists, One that cared about show and immersiveness, Today's TWDC is all about milking cash from infrastructure built by giants and doing as little as possible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom