Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

Sage of Time

And yet, water screens inevitably would lead to this. If you can see Elsa on water, why would you be looking above for pyro, anyway? I am sure Rivers of Light will feature extensive time where nothing is happening other than Simba appearing on mist. But, a firework-heavy show makes little sense at DAK. I remember their NYE fireworks back in the late 90s. Blech! I've seen better in a backyard on Independence Day!
This is the first I've ever heard anything on there being fireworks at DAK... can you elaborate?

Also, I doubt that MK would get water screens. There might be room for fountains, but not screens.

cj2341

Was at MK today sorry if this has been posted saw a tower wrapped in green skim being erected was curious if anyone knew its purpose

Attachments

• 20150411_085846.jpg
    20150411_085846.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 146

SpaceMountain75

Having finally seen the new hub in person, the light towers are MUCH less noticeable in reality than on the pictures posted here. I didn't watch wishes but without specifically looking to notice them during the day from around the hub, I wouldn't have even noticed they are there.
That's good to hear!

LL2WDW

This is the first I've ever heard anything on there being fireworks at DAK... can you elaborate?

Back when the park first opened, DAK celebrated NYE (1998 and 1999 I believe, though maybe just the first year), by staging a large "party in the parking lot". For real. They set up stages in the parking lots, food stands, drink stands, atmo entertainment, etc. Then they launched fireworks from a temporary launch site they built behind the wardrobe building, which is off of Sherberth Rd. Basically you stood in the parking lot and watched the fireworks being shot across Osceola Pkwy.

I did work at DAK back then, but did not go to the party. I did not hear good things, and obviously it wasn't well attended, since they've never done it since. But, at least they tried something with the brand new park.

MarkTwain

Back when the park first opened, DAK celebrated NYE (1998 and 1999 I believe, though maybe just the first year), by staging a large "party in the parking lot". For real. They set up stages in the parking lots, food stands, drink stands, atmo entertainment, etc. Then they launched fireworks from a temporary launch site they built behind the wardrobe building, which is off of Sherberth Rd. Basically you stood in the parking lot and watched the fireworks being shot across Osceola Pkwy.

I did work at DAK back then, but did not go to the party. I did not hear good things, and obviously it wasn't well attended, since they've never done it since. But, at least they tried something with the brand new park.

That sounds… bizarre. I imagine that must've been disappointing for guests who opted out of seeing fireworks at Epcot or MK.

Thanks for sharing!

michael.fumc

How is the hub looking now? It's not done right? What does the construction look like currently?
Still construction, but in my opinion it is hidden very well, also the light poles are not near as visible as I thought they would be from the pictures I have seen, I really had to look for them.

Sage of Time

That's INSANE. Thanks for the info.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom