Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
You know I am not a fairy duster but the negativity is getting really old. Imagination lacking is just not a true statement.

The work being done on infrastructure at MK is a must. No way around it it had to be done, to keep the park moving and functioning for years to come. Main Street needed the love it ain't sexy work but it is needed work and every building they have touched looks awesome!

The hub we all would like more trees and benches we get it but the work for what the park is for what people want to see had to be done and fixed.

Disney cannot increase capacity in this park or add another big ticket ride with out fixing these issues first.

Not sexy but had to be done. Does that mean we get one in the next 5 years no but the groundwork had to be done.

And no imagination.... I am sorry but cars land the amazing inside of beast castle those are incredible projects that showed imagination. Anyone that says the restaurant is not incredible is full of it. The place is awesomely done.

The outside of little mermaid is again very well done.

So please rip Disney we all do they need it but not everything they are doing is bad and if you look at big picture the work they are doing to fix years of neglect in this park is awesome! I am thrilled they are finally doing it.

Should it have gotten this bad no way but they are fixing mistakes and for that I am happy for a change.

Pointing out the reality of the situation is 'Negativity' interesting, I'll change my attitude when WDW STOPS CUTTING STUFF and doing minimal maintenance in a splashy manner.

Yes the movie 'Idiocracy' looks less like comedy and more like prophecy every day. If you do not like what I have to say there are plenty of pixie dust only threads and/or the ignore button.

Ariel1986

Pointing out the reality of the situation is 'Negativity' interesting, I'll change my attitude when WDW STOPS CUTTING STUFF and doing minimal maintenance in a splashy manner.

Yes the movie 'Idiocracy' looks less like comedy and more like prophecy every day. If you do not like what I have to say there are plenty of pixie dust only threads and/or the ignore button.

Forever repeating an an over the top, negatively biased opinion, is not "pointing out the reality".

andysol

Your complaints can be valid- but it doesn't make them old and tiresome. Why not just stick to the spirited thread. Must you say the exact same thing in every thread? Let me think- off the top of my head- Polynesian thread, Avatar thread, Main Street hub thread, spirited thread, monorail thread, DHS/hat thread, etc. and all saying the exact same thing- nothing new, just the same drivel. I'm surprised the mods allow you to derail every single thread with the same rhetoric. Is it so hard to contribute to the topic at hand instead of derailing every thread? Just stay in spirited where it's all about tangents and side-bars.

Can we get back to Main Street?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
and forever denying the facts, and choosing to live in a world of fantasy is?

It's the alternate reality WDW wants people to believe in, The 'Blue Pill' version if you like.

The fact I have not been able to make a FP+ reservation since I was FORCED to participate in on of the early so called TESTS at BLT is not an opinion, The fact that on LILO's initial rollout WDW cancelled one half of a linked reservation at Christmas and was unable do anything about it is a FACT (Thank god for southwest and no change fees).

Because of being on the receiving end of this BRAVO-SIERRA I've no incentive to cut TWDC any slack, The only reason I still go is because the rest of the family STILL likes it and I'm just one vote in my families universe.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Your complaints can be valid- but it doesn't make them old and tiresome. Why not just stick to the spirited thread. Must you say the exact same thing in every thread? Let me think- off the top of my head- Polynesian thread, Avatar thread, Main Street hub thread, spirited thread, monorail thread, DHS/hat thread, etc. and all saying the exact same thing- nothing new, just the same drivel. I'm surprised the mods allow you to derail every single thread with the same rhetoric. Is it so hard to contribute to the topic at hand instead of derailing every thread? Just stay in spirited where it's all about tangents and side-bars.

You mean the concrete wasteland... complete with MAGICal faux grass.

Ariel1986

So are these "opinions" really opinions, or just facts that interfere with your mental state?

That's funny, I haven't stated my own opinion on the hub renovation on this thread- or this board. So it's impressive that you have decided I'm in denial of anything and that you know my mental state!
Stating over and over that the hub is a "concrete wasteland" is a an opinion. That does not make it true. Pointing that out does not mean I live in a fantasy world. Your venom towards someone you presume has a different view to your own is quite astounding.

Bing Bong

That's funny, I haven't stated my own opinion on the hub renovation on this thread- or this board. So it's impressive that you have decided I'm in denial of anything and that you know my mental state!
Stating over and over that the hub is a "concrete wasteland" is a an opinion. That does not make it true. Pointing that out does not mean I live in a fantasy world. Your venom towards someone you presume has a different view to your own is quite astounding.
You don't know what venom is hunny.

NearTheEars

Concrete wasteland: Opinion
There's more concrete than ever before: Fact
Similar statement, but it just doesn't have the same ring to it that @ford91exploder likes.

I think the new hub is much nicer than the previous iteration and it's already doing wonders for crowd movement.

However, IMO, It will never be as nice as the original hub, which I admittedly have only seen in pictures.

The ignore button is your friend, and can save many from unneeded aggrivation. Especially if you feel they are just relentlessly posting things you just can't stand anymore. You aren't going to magically change their opinion, it's too late for them. And this advice goes for folks on both sides of any argument.

Cesar R M

Opinions are not facts.
Talking about facts doesn't block them from being facts.
Talking about a fact it doesn't suddenly transform a fact into a lie.
Opinions of course are opinions.

But let's not confuse facts with opinions.

While I agree that it can get tiresome.. the apologists also have the tendency of invading threads with FACTS.
Its also annoying you cant even point that something looks bad.

Even the thread of the monorail with explicitly clear photos of the damage (to point that something bad is going on).
The apologists went full force and they are all "lol nope.. Disney is TEH BEST!!!"

or my favourite of all their excuses on many threads to silence any negativity: "DISNEY IS A BUSINESS!!"

Sorry darlings.. even if Disney is a business, it doesn't give them carte blanche for doing awful stuff or refusing to repair/maintain the products they are offering at full price.

Sage of Time

\

This is from Schmoofy, on twitter.

CCUyhUEWYAAr1g2.jpg

CCU1LxSWEAAOXQq.jpg:large

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom