Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

JoeCamel

I was in the Hub today and they have certainly accomplished the goal of better flow. Lots of paths but if they are going to try to keep people from camping out on them during fireworks and wishes then they have lost capacity. If they just let people camp on some of them and put only fastpass in the holding pens then they have lost capacity.

What is up with the missing two planters on the south side of the Partner's statue? Think they will come back or is it to be an open space of concrete? Only the two on the north side are still there.

halltd

Those are just temporary, especially since they're red pavement. All the red pavement will be going away. Also, check the rendering from Disney. They'll definitely be back at some point.

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
Those are just temporary, especially since they're red pavement. All the red pavement will be going away. Also, check the rendering from Disney. They'll definitely be back at some point.

Has this been confirmed? I know it has been speculated here but I have not seen any confirmation. Not doubting just want to see if I missed something!

halltd

Has this been confirmed? I know it has been speculated here but I have not seen any confirmation. Not doubting just want to see if I missed something!
Um...this isn't new information. The rendering and video from Disney has been out forever. Do you really think they'd keep half of the central hub area red pavement and half beige as it exists now? That doesn't make any sense.

image-jpg.86498

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
Um...this isn't new information. The rendering and video from Disney has been out forever. Do you really think they'd keep half of the central hub area red pavement and half beige as it exists now? That doesn't make any sense.

image-jpg.86498

No I thought you ment the rest of main street. Like ALL the red concrete in the park. I understand that the rest of the hub will be replaced.

halltd

I was replying to the member who asked specifically about the two planters in the central hub that have been paved over and if they were coming back or not.

Sage of Time

How many WDWMagic members will now immediately check to see if the fake grass burns them when they see the new hub for the first time?

*raises hand*
I must admit that I sat down on it and touched the grass last Sunday when I was there. LOL.
Of course I'd much prefer something like this (I've been championing it for a while), but I'm thinking as realistically as possible.
I don't think there's anything unrealistic about the picture I linked to. It wouldn't block views, save for being RIGHT in top of the hub and not IN the Hub.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom