Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

SRQtech

So I have some Hub updates from the yesterday!
I was able to get a pic of the Towers being built in the woods off of the Epcot Monorail line.
IMG_6725.JPG
IMG_6744.JPG

My guess is that these will be going on either side of the stage in front of the castle.

The brown cement "doughnuts" were put in a month or two ago but painted brown to hide them.
GOPR6130.JPG
GOPR6134.JPG

MissingDisney

Their "go away green" on the tower is a little more " hey, look over here!"

Good find on the placement location. Hiding in plain sight!. Thanks for the photos!

Bolt

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
Was there for the Castle Show and Wishes on Friday night. Was the first time in years that I viewed it from the Hub area and I have to say that both shows where better from that location than anywhere else I have watched from. I was in the FastPass+ viewing area. I am sorry that there are not as many trees in the area, but for viewing of the shows it was great.

Monorail_Red_77

I will post some of my pics from the hub tonight I hope. Was there on Sat the 14th. I noticed that there are freshly planted sapling along the east-west connector directly behind the castle on the west side going towards Liberty Square between the walkway and the moat. Also I noticed at the TTC between the walkway to parking and Mickeys Gift Shop all of the large trees and hedges have been removed and a planter of little spider plants too their place. I have pics to support this as well. Again, I have pics to support this. I just do not have access to post them at this time. Other than that the Hub is looking good. Great in person. fake grass was nice and gravel-like pathways around hub were a nice change. Also noticed as usual a lot of red concrete is being re-done at the entrance plaza and down by the lagoon area near the ferry boats, etc.

Monorail_Red_77

Was able to take the east mainstreet bypass from town center plaza backwards to tomorrowland. Progress is coming along nicely. They have the railings inplace for the most part. It gives a better feel then the parking lot look it used to have. There is landscaping going in and for now they have a go-away green scrim sheet over a fence to block the view to the parking area. The railings are curved to give the walkway a flowing "S" shape throughout. The railing look similar to the new ones going in at the hub. I have pics that I will post later. But, the downside is that they were taken at night so not sure if they will show much. Was unable to use my low-level light app as I could not stop in the bypass. Also, the back of mainstreet buildings are looking good with paint work as well. Would have been nice if I could have gone through during the day though.

JoeCamel

Was there for the Castle Show and Wishes on Friday night. Was the first time in years that I viewed it from the Hub area and I have to say that both shows where better from that location than anywhere else I have watched from. I was in the FastPass+ viewing area. I am sorry that there are not as many trees in the area, but for viewing of the shows it was great.

Did the grass burn you or give you cancer?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom