Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
Did the grass burn you or give you cancer?

Might have to get checked for cancer. One thing I found that I did not like was some people where actually laying down on the "grass". The couple in front of me had themselves and two teenage kids taking up enough space for at least 10 people to seat. Like many problems that I encounter at Walt Disney World, it is the guest..not Disney.

ToTBellHop

That does make a difference, I guess. Unless, even laying down the area is large enough to accommodate all of the FP+ guests.
It used to be that the only people laying down in parks were homeless. America has declined (reclined?) by degrees, though.

Goofyernmost

Was there for the Castle Show and Wishes on Friday night. Was the first time in years that I viewed it from the Hub area and I have to say that both shows where better from that location than anywhere else I have watched from. I was in the FastPass+ viewing area. I am sorry that there are not as many trees in the area, but for viewing of the shows it was great.
And now you know why there are not as many trees in the area. You get views for the shows or you get huge trees. One can't have both no matter how much Pixie Dust one throws at it. I'm pretty sure it was the view that all that change was designed for.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

Welllllllll what if the lighting towers and the trees were retractable!!! Trees during the day, lights at night!

:hilarious:
Or they could just as easily but jacks under the Castle and raise it above tree level for the nighttime shows. I wonder which one would be easier, less inclined to breakdown and more attractive. Retractable towers and trees, raisable Castle or natural smaller trees. It's a tough one, that's for sure. :)

SRQtech

Are these lighting rigs new or old? The way the instruments are focused, they sure seem like they would telescope up for use.
Yes these do telescope up
Red Circle- New ETC D40XT Led pars
Green circle- older Led lighting for the stage
Blue Circle- Older Par 64s for the stage
Yellow Circle- Cyberlights or some other type of moving mirror automated lights for the basic images and moving effects.
White Circle- Leds for the castle

GOPR6129 - Copy.JPG

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
Yes these do telescope up
Red Circle- New ETC D40XT Led pars
Green circle- older Led lighting for the stage
Blue Circle- Older Par 64s for the stage
Yellow Circle- Cyberlights or some other type of moving mirror automated lights for the basic images and moving effects.
White Circle- Leds for the castle

View attachment 87045

If they're cybers, that explains why I rarely see them in action... ;)

LL2WDW

Fair point, but I can honestly say I never saw anyone laying around in the MK in the 1990s.

Because there wasn't a place in which to lay around. If these lawns had been open in the 1990s, I would wager people would be doing the exact same thing the crowds of today are doing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom