Main Street Bakery to Serve Starbucks Coffee

aladdin2007

Quick Update:

-Again, Disney and SB pastries will be sold all day. The breakfast sandwiches will still stop at 11am (you can order them after 11am if there is still any available in the fridge)

-As of right now, having all 6 registers open is a priority. There are many other positions in the store we can cut if we are short staffed, but register will not be one of them.

-I heard that they made a last minute decision to accept cast discounts, AP, DVC, and so on for our whole bean coffee bags, and SB/ Disney Parks merchandise (don't quote me on this, but this is what I heard before leaving today)

-Also, like it or not, this is in fact the Main Street Bakery featuring SB coffee. There are new bakery items (what you will find in the pastry case).

-There will be an opening ceremony at 7am tomorrow for invited people only. Park will open at 9am

Should be fun seeing a mass herd lined up along the walls creating a bottleneck trying to eat and drink this stuff inside and out while standing, since they were so smart in taking away every table and chair. o_O

emich88

Should be fun seeing a mass herd lined up along the walls creating a bottleneck trying to eat and drink this stuff inside and out while standing, since they were so smart in taking away every table and chair. o_O

True. My friend and I took our food today from the Bakery and ate it at the Tomorrowland Terrace. Which some people don't want to do.

But all the food items will be put into to-go bags, not onto trays. So it will be easier to carry out.

ttalovebug

THIS is what I don't understand, and the only thing that really upsets me. I feel like they don't want you to ever stop and sit down anymore? Even Gaston's Tavern (which I love), a brand new facility, has such limited table space. Is there a reason for this?

PhotoDave219

THIS is what I don't understand, and the only thing that really upsets me. I feel like they don't want you to ever stop and sit down anymore? Even Gaston's Tavern (which I love), a brand new facility, has such limited table space. Is there a reason for this?

To double capacity, essentially.

Goofyernmost

It's called turnover. The last thing they need is a group of people sitting there taking up space while they sip on there double caramel, tall, verde, skinny with 1 shot for hours while soaking up the AC and wasting time. In and out, that is the business philosophy. Now that wouldn't work in any other setting, but in WDW, it will be lovingly embraced and they will leave the stanches and be herded out to the paved pasture to chew and drink. It's the way of the world.;)

aladdin2007

It's called turnover. The last thing they need is a group of people sitting there taking up space while they sip on there double caramel, tall, verde, skinny with 1 shot for hours while soaking up the AC and wasting time. In and out, that is the business philosophy. Now that wouldn't work in any other setting, but in WDW, it will be lovingly embraced and they will leave the stanches and be herded out to the paved pasture to chew and drink. It's the way of the world.;)

its the way of disney world, and its stupid. notice the number of benches that have been taken out of the parks recently as well?

Mickey_777

Judging from the photos, I have to admit it does look more like your typical SB compared to the location out in DCA. I think the dark wooden tones and the white on black menu's have a lot to do with that. Had they chosen to go a bit lighter with the tones I think it'd look less like your local friendly neighborhood SB. The "lit up" SB logo on the bottom center of the menu is also overkill IMO. I also don't see why they're selling their beans in store. The same beans in the same packaging you can get at your local supermarket/SB. I can't see the beans selling very well. Who's gonna carry coffee beans in the park or store them in a locker all day? Take the beans and the VIA off the shelves. Other than that, can't wait to check it out myself.

There are no calorie's when on vacation. It's a law! :D

Exactly. With the amount of walking you do combined with the hot weather, it usually evens out for us. We don't lose weight but we don't gain any either.

jato4x4

Thanks Steve for posting the photos but, seriously, is that really the "Main Street Bakery"?

Looks like my local Starbuck's to me.:(

Maybe I'll feel differently when I stop in on my next visit but, based on the photos, it looks like the Main Street Bakery completely lost its soul.

I agree, and Ive waited to pass judgement until they were done. But this is not what i was wanting to see. They've taken away most of the treats that made the Bakery what it it was. Worst of all, they took away my cheese danish. Since I was 5 years old, if we made it to MK in the morning we always started the day at the Bakery. Now you cant even sit down in there, let alone get a cheese danish or cinnamon bun. No amount of pixie dust can make this one better.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Thanks Steve for posting the photos but, seriously, is that really the "Main Street Bakery"?

Looks like my local Starbuck's to me.:(

Maybe I'll feel differently when I stop in on my next visit but, based on the photos, it looks like the Main Street Bakery completely lost its soul.
I agree.
We were promised a Main Street Bakery - that would just happen to serve Starbuck's coffee.
Wrong. We got a giant Starbucks (minus the intimate seating) that serves a handful of bakery goods.
I will not be wasting my time here. I'll fill my resort mug with Joffrey's (instead of Nescafe) and drink it in the car, as usual, and by-pass the crazy lines and long waits on Main Street - and head straight to the crazy lines and long waits everywhere else in the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom