Main Street Bakery to Serve Starbucks Coffee

nytimez

I'm not sure how you look at views like this
http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/main...de-the-starbucks-main-street-bakery/18823.htm

And say it looks just like a SB... I find the most depressing part the lack of intimacy and jarring scale of the place.

That's just one angle. I think the case where the baked goods are, the area where the cold drinks/fruit/etc is and other places - including the coffee beans and such - look pretty much exactly like a Starbucks, right down to the type of display case used.

awilliams4

flynnibus

Premium Member
That's just one angle. I think the case where the baked goods are, the area where the cold drinks/sandwiches/etc is and other places - including the coffee beans and such - look pretty much exactly like a Starbucks, right down to the type of display case used.

The only thing that I don't like in that respect is the menu board. The display stands/cases I don't find off-putting. They use similar ones in the Pig cafe (there, they are to your side as your approach the counter) and don't stick out at all. The rest of the area (away from the menu board) doesn't scream starbucks... from the wall pieces, to the the fixtures, textures, etc.

I find it funny when people were oogling over the light fixtures in NFE.. but here, overlook all the those details in the hate glare...

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
The only thing that I don't like in that respect is the menu board. The display stands/cases I don't find off-putting. They use similar ones in the Pig cafe (there, they are to your side as your approach the counter) and don't stick out at all. The rest of the area (away from the menu board) doesn't scream starbucks... from the wall pieces, to the the fixtures, textures, etc.

I find it funny when people were oogling over the light fixtures in NFE.. but here, overlook all the those details in the hate glare...

All they need to do now is move all the books from across the park to the front and they will have created a bonafide Barnes & Noble.

71jason

It's interesting that in Disneyland, they are going to have both a Starbucks AND the Jolly Holiday bakery both on Main Street maybe 50 yards from eachother. If there is demand for both in Cali, I can't imagine there not being demand in FL.

Most of the things I saw for sale in Jolly Holiday can be found in the corner case of the Candy Shop--selection of cookies, cupcakes, etc.

Californian Elitist

Been on the Autopia lately btw? I think that RSR has moved slightly ahead on my favorite DLR attractions rankings list! :D

HAHAHA, actually I have been on recently! My nephew turned six this past Thursday and we all went to the DLR. I get a car with him and I let him drive... BIG MISTAKE. I stepped on the gas while he steered. He couldn't steer at all, poor thing. Well, as we were getting ready to pull into the station, his steering got worse and the axle on our car went "CAPLUNK!" and they had to e-vac. Whoops.

Last Thursday, I took this photo, from Autopia's queue. You can see Matterhorn, if you look closely:

399_zpsefe7cc63.jpg

As much as I love Autopia, RSR takes the cake. No contest there.

PhotoDave219

That's just one angle. I think the case where the baked goods are, the area where the cold drinks/fruit/etc is and other places - including the coffee beans and such - look pretty much exactly like a Starbucks, right down to the type of display case used.

I just got my mocha. There was no line beyond people waiting for drinks. Very fast and efficient service.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom