Main Street Bakery to Serve Starbucks Coffee

Goofyernmost

I sometimes have problems with older ones being rude. I was at a baseball game and the bag check person treated me so poorly, told me I was "giving her a hard time" (yeah, like I don't know how to do a bag check). She did not give my father a hard time, but was nasty to me from the moment I stepped up. Just because SOME young people are that way doesn't mean ALL young people are that way. I do my best to be as polite as I can until you give me a reason otherwise. I even thought through how to say this post. You did misinterpret my original post. I meant to say they were thinking that the adult was weird because probably a few years ago, I would have thought the same thing. Besides, I'm sure adults when you all were young thought the exact same thing about you.
No...we were all just a bunch of long haired hippie's on our way to hell in a hand basket. Kids must be better today because you hardly ever hear that phase anymore. :p

StarWarsGirl

I really wish for their food options they would expand to be more than just eggs and pastries. I understand with no seating it might be easier, but still. There were much better breakfast options when I went to Disneyland several years ago.

Ariel484

Those look like normal Starbucks prices, maybe 50 cents higher. Could have been worse!

I agree. My drink of choice is a grande caramel macchiato ($4.25 here in NE Ohio). The MSB price for the same thing is $4.79.

I assume this is the "before 11AM" version of the menu since there aren't any Disney offerings listed?

PhotoDave219

From the point of view of a young female, they were probably thinking you were a total weirdo, or similar thoughts with some not nice words.

You cannot tell me Aerosmith is bad! If you think that, you better be prepared to hear it much louder, lol. Like I said, I do this walking to DHS. You can't hear my iPod from that far away, and there are next to no people besides us. Just random joggers. Also listening to music.

Well, they were playing their music with the 2013 version of the 80's boombox. Didnt you learn anything from Breakin 2: Electric Boogalo? ;)

Back on topic.... If your favorite breakfast/dessert item is not served here, I implore you to write Guest Relations. Not Email. Not Tweet. Break out the pen and paper and mail them or George K a letter.

StarWarsGirl

Well, they were playing their music with the 2013 version of the 80's boombox. Didnt you learn anything from Breakin 2: Electric Boogalo? ;)

Uh. No. I know what a boombox is, since they were still around in the late 90s, but I have no clue what Breakin 2: Electric Boogalo is:rolleyes: . Some teens are rude. I get it. Unfortunately they ruin it for the rest of us. But back on topic...

I have a friend who will be very happy with these changes. Personally, I think Starbucks is a waste of money and calories (in many, not all, case, but that just means I won't buy their products. People will probably be happy

PhotoDave219

Uh. No. I know what a boombox is, since they were still around in the late 90s, but I have no clue what Breakin 2: Electric Boogalo is:rolleyes: . Some teens are rude. I get it. Unfortunately they ruin it for the rest of us. But back on topic...

I have a friend who will be very happy with these changes. Personally, I think Starbucks is a waste of money and calories (in many, not all, case, but that just means I won't buy their products. People will probably be happy

Go Torrent Netflix it! :lol:

Personally? I like Starbucks. I'm excited about this move. I always was turned off by the long line at the bakery because it was so damn slow for when I just wanted a cookie or a fountain soda or a cup of coffee. I liked the giant chocolate cake.

mm52200

Go Torrent Netflix it! :lol:

Personally? I like Starbucks. I'm excited about this move. I always was turned off by the long line at the bakery because it was so damn slow for when I just wanted a cookie or a fountain soda or a cup of coffee. I liked the giant chocolate cake.
You realize the long line will still be there, if not longer than it was previously.

ToTBellHop

You realize the long line will still be there, if not longer than it was previously.
But at least the coffee with be better. No more dirty mop water in a cup.

Do they offer mocha light frappaccinos? I don't see that listed on Steve's menu but I assume they can make anything that any other Starbies can make.

misterID

There is a lot of criticism of the changes, but I just wonder whether your statement there will represent the overwhelming majority.

The coffee itself will make a lot of difference. Good coffee at WDW? The prices aren't near as bad as I thought they would be and the menu looks good. And I still think a lot of the people against having Starbucks there on principle will still go there. Except Empress Lily. I'm sure security may be called if she ever goes inside. Has WDW ever had a sit in? I think it'll be a big success with tourists.

Once the shock wears off, and seeing how the building really doesn't stick out and doesn't hurt the "fantasy", no one will care in a year, even the regulars. It will be like it was always there... Well, maybe one person will care. :)

PhotoDave219

I doubt it considering that they have gone from 4 registers to around 16 and ditched the single line. As long as the place is staffed correctly, the wait should be less even with increased traffic.

I only counted six registers but still, there's two identical sides to the store. I'm sure they've designed it to handle the projected crowds.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I only counted six registers but still, there's two identical sides to the store. I'm sure they've designed it to handle the projected crowds.

I am just going of the video and I saw a screen at every counter for a total af around 12-16. I take it they are doing ordering at these and then cashing out elsewhere.

PhotoDave219

I am just going of the video and I saw a screen at every counter for a total af around 12-16. I take it they are doing ordering at these and then cashing out elsewhere.

I'll let you know tomorrow. I was trying to be discreet and fast while taking photos the other day; I attracted too much attention for my taste from managers to begin with.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom