Main Street Bakery to Serve Starbucks Coffee

StarWarsGirl

The only reason to go here now is because they sell bottled beverages, which I prefer for in park so they can go in my purse during rides. Otherwise, I'm going to go morn MSB

ptaylor

Premium Member
So is the Disney Parks Blog going to be brave and make a post about the opening, or are they going to pretend it didn't happen. What are your bets?

PhotoDave219

I believe the issue for the non coffee drinkers is that the big selection of baked goods has been removed. I think there was an expectation that they would remain with the addition of the Starbucks items.

Then Disney should see this as an opportunity to put those big goods in a theme that retail location somewhere in the Magic Kingdom.

asianway

Judging from the photos, I have to admit it does look more like your typical SB compared to the location out in DCA. I think the dark wooden tones and the white on black menu's have a lot to do with that. Had they chosen to go a bit lighter with the tones I think it'd look less like you local friendly neighborhood SB. The "lit up" SB logo on the bottom center of the menu is also overkill IMO. I also don't see why they're selling their beans in store. The same beans in the same packaging you can get at your local supermarket/SB. I can't see the beans selling very well. Who's gonna carry coffee beans in the park or store them in a locker all day? Take the beans and the VIA off the shelves. Other than that, can't wait to check it out myself.

Exactly. With the amount of walking you do combined with the hot weather, it usually evens out for us. We don't lose weight but we don't gain any either.

Selling beans in the store is the best example of how disconnected park mgmt is with their consumers. Who the hell is buying Starbucks beans at the MK?

Ariel484

I agree with @wdwmagic - In looking at the photos it looks like all Starbucks bakery items (scones, pound cake, etc.) except for the larger cupcakes on the bottom shelf. I can appreciate how that would be disappointing to a non-coffee drinker...as a coffee drinker I'm looking forward to my skinny vanilla latte (120 calories for a medium, FWIW...NOT 1000 :D).

COProgressFan

I believe the issue for the non coffee drinkers is that the big selection of baked goods has been removed. I think there was an expectation that they would remain with the addition of the Starbucks items.

I think this was a reasonable expectation, and it seems like there is a greater selection of baked goods at the DCA Starbucks. Odd that doesn't seem to be the case here.

Then Disney should see this as an opportunity to put those big goods in a theme that retail location somewhere in the Magic Kingdom.

It's interesting that in Disneyland, they are going to have both a Starbucks AND the Jolly Holiday bakery both on Main Street maybe 50 yards from eachother. If there is demand for both in Cali, I can't imagine there not being demand in FL.

Californian Elitist

I'm trying to figure out why the MK Starbucks doesn't sell Disney food like the DCA one. That was the first thing I caught, actually. The food and snacks on display are common of Starbucks. I sincerely hope none of the other three locations that are coming do the same thing.

Oh, and why are they selling Starbucks coffee beans in the store???? Whoever came up with that idea needs a spanking.

Mickey_777

Selling beans in the store is the best example of how disconnected park mgmt is with their consumers. Who the hell is buying Starbucks beans at the MK?

Here's hoping those beans/VIA are removed quickly once they realize "ain't nobody buyin' no Starbucks beans" at MK.

flynnibus

Premium Member
THIS is what I don't understand, and the only thing that really upsets me. I feel like they don't want you to ever stop and sit down anymore? Even Gaston's Tavern (which I love), a brand new facility, has such limited table space. Is there a reason for this?

It's cheaper to increase capacity at one location.. then build more locations to handle the demand.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom