Main Street Bakery to Serve Starbucks Coffee

WDW 3

I'm not happy! Not a huge Starbucks fan. No indoor seating! Looks like they no longer have the egg/croissant sandwich on the menu. This wass our favorite MK first stop.

StarWarsGirl

Go Torrent Netflix it! :lol:

Personally? I like Starbucks. I'm excited about this move. I always was turned off by the long line at the bakery because it was so damn slow for when I just wanted a cookie or a fountain soda or a cup of coffee. I liked the giant chocolate cake.

I never really used it before either except to grab a pastry on my way in. Now? Probably not. My group prefers to go to Kona or the Wave for breakfast when we hit MK (especially my dad; he loves his Kona coffee!) or just grab something before leaving the resort. I get too hungry by the time I get there, and no one wants to be around me when I'm hungry. That, and when walking around the park, I prefer bottled beverages so I can stick them in my purse.

PhotoDave219

I never really used it before either except to grab a pastry on my way in. Now? Probably not. My group prefers to go to Kona or the Wave for breakfast when we hit MK (especially my dad; he loves his Kona coffee!) or just grab something before leaving the resort. I get too hungry by the time I get there, and no one wants to be around me when I'm hungry. That, and when walking around the park, I prefer bottled beverages so I can stick them in my purse.

Breakfast? Whats breakfast? I sleep in. I only rope drop if Princess Leia is involved.

LucyK

The pictures over at DFB showed a lot of available space. Surely they won't need a queue that long will they?

Also, are there cheese trays to go? I love their cheese-nuts-apple combo. It goes great with a caramel macchiato on the mornings and it's shareable if you just want something to much on while on the go.

nicknick553

Loved the theming and the line seemed to flow pretty well but when it gets busy I can see some problems developing but the actual Starbucks aspect was delicious as usual

Clamman73

As of today they decided that we will sell SB and Disney pastries all day! Also the reason they moved the cinnamon rolls was to reduce the traffic at the bakery.since it will be busy already

Finally a reasonable decision...so initially they weren't going to sell you a Disney cookie that's right there behind the glass at 10:59am, but let's just wait a minute....hold on 54 more seconds....almost there....OK, it's now 11:00am, I can now sell you this cookie. :)

DDuckFan130

I may actually go into the bakery now. Never cared for it before (I eat breakfast at the hotel unless we have a Boma reservation), but I have Starbucks gift cards from students I need to spend so maybe a nice pick me up in the afternoon will be good :)

So yes I am excited about the move. Oopsies.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
There is a lot of criticism of the changes, but I just wonder whether your statement there will represent the overwhelming majority.

I think it will be. Doesn't mean it was the right thing to do though.

There is now a typical Starbucks plopped right down on MS USA. What's next? I mean, why not flip Casey's into a Nathan's? or a Sonic? Maybe pull out the Camera Shop and drop in a BestBuy?

MS Bakery featuring SBs coffee, great idea. MS Starbucks featuring Disney Parks cups, no thank you.

The Empress Lilly

As of today they decided that we will sell SB and Disney pastries all day! Also the reason they moved the cinnamon rolls was to reduce the traffic at the bakery.since it will be busy already
Ooow, if God has a sense of humour then somewhere, somewhere, there is a Starbucks forum where they are now arguing how the addition of these amusement park pastries dilutes the Starbucks brand! :D
('A Starbucks with Disney cookies is fine, but not a Starbucks with a Disney menu and blahblah')

Best of luck tomorrow, there'll be a crowd! Get a whip and beat some order and discipline into those hipsters!

"Hey you" *snap* "take them thar frappuccino outside" *snap* "and you, back in line for cash register 14" *snap*

ParentsOf4

Thanks for being so helpful but this post made me laugh, presumably unintentionally.

So the cinnamon rolls were so popular that they had to get rid of them to reduce the number of people at the Main Street Bakery? So Disney wants fewer customers at the Bakery?:p

I've heard they're permanently closing Space Mountain because too many guests liked it; the lines got too long.;) (Sorry, I couldn't resist!)

The Empress Lilly

The coffee itself will make a lot of difference. Good coffee at WDW? The prices aren't near as bad as I thought they would be and the menu looks good. And I still think a lot of the people against having Starbucks there on principle will still go there. Except Empress Lily. I'm sure security may be called if she ever goes inside. Has WDW ever had a sit in? I think it'll be a big success with tourists.

Once the shock wears off, and seeing how the building really doesn't stick out and doesn't hurt the "fantasy", no one will care in a year, even the regulars. It will be like it was always there... Well, maybe one person will care. :)
Oi! My fav ship - like all ships - is a she. Whereas I - like all lovers of steamships and steamtrains - am not.

255340470_e9ed9ba2ff_m.jpg

As for the $bux, the same thing will happen that happened at all previous MS declines by degree - the flower market, Center Street, Swan Boats, Cinema, Penny Arcade, Magic Shop - new guests will never realise what they are missing. The masses will still come. The MK was build so well that even at 70, 60, 50 percent of her full potential she will be packed. That is the great underlying tragedy beneath the slow slipping standards of WDW.

As for me, I've seen worse. I've seen EPCOT destroyed and 20k ripped out for a playground. I still come. What can I do? I'm an addict, I have no choice. :oops:
One hipster lair isn't going to ruin WDW for me. I'm gonna get me some hipster glasses, an iMac, and become a Starbucks-Disney lifestyler. Maybe I'll change my name to 'Latte Mongello' and operate a radio station from within this Starbucks.

emich88

Quick Update:

-Again, Disney and SB pastries will be sold all day. The breakfast sandwiches will still stop at 11am (you can order them after 11am if there is still any available in the fridge)

-As of right now, having all 6 registers open is a priority. There are many other positions in the store we can cut if we are short staffed, but register will not be one of them.

-I heard that they made a last minute decision to accept cast discounts, AP, DVC, and so on for our whole bean coffee bags, and SB/ Disney Parks merchandise (don't quote me on this, but this is what I heard before leaving today)

-Also, like it or not, this is in fact the Main Street Bakery featuring SB coffee. There are new bakery items (what you will find in the pastry case).

-There will be an opening ceremony at 7am tomorrow for invited people only. Park will open at 9am

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom