Main Street Bakery to Serve Starbucks Coffee

flynnibus

Premium Member
Leave it to Orlando to take a perfectly fine balance that is known to WORK like the pig cafe... And screw it up

It will be interesting to compare the mk and dl locations once they both open

mm52200

Except the cinnamon rolls haven't disappeared, they're in Fantasyland and hopefully adults can learn to live with that lol.

The thing is that the cinnamon rolls were MUCH better at the bakery than at Gaston's Tavern. So their complaints in my opinion are valid as I'm upset about this too. I'm not mad about Starbucks being served on Main Street, but I'm mad that seating was removed and the cinnamon rolls were removed too.

WDW1974

The thing is that the cinnamon rolls were MUCH better at the bakery than at Gaston's Tavern. So their complaints in my opinion are valid as I'm upset about this too. I'm not mad about Starbucks being served on Main Street, but I'm mad that seating was removed and the cinnamon rolls were removed too.

I dunno ... looking at the average WDW guest I just fail to see why there's a need for cinnamon rolls ... perhaps, a salad bar might be nice though.

The Empress Lilly

I'll never understand the incomprehensible urge to want to find the same Starbucks within WDW as the forty Starbuckses you already encountered on the very airport to get to WDW. But to each his own!

Me, I prefer unique experiences. Gimme a sophisticated, escapist park instead of a 'Disney Springs Plus' collection of outside franchises.

However that may be, the tragic results of Disney eyeing the $7.39 caffeine fantasy drink market are depressingly predictable. In WDW, the licensed Starbucks will happily take your $8.59 then send you outside to enjoy your coffee in a scorching 120 degrees because they took away all airconditioned seating. Outside there's no outdoor seating for you either, but at least you did get to order that $9.89 mickeychinno with your NextGen MouseCollar+ upon entering the park!

No cinnamon roll to ease the pain. Instead, as you drink your coffee standing outside you get a good view of that cute new sign on MS...erm...of that Starbucks marketing slogan. ('Fresh Roasted Coffee')

Meanwhile in DL, their MS Starbucks will not only end the tradition of free refills; Walt Disney: "There will only for 58 years be a $0.10 cup of coffee in Disneyland". No, the Starbucks will also close and occupy the next door Disneyana gallery. Or, in DL marketing double speak, the gallery will be merged with the Bank on MS.
It's the same mistake all over again as WDW made: destroying MS by Walmarting it into a few megastores.

disneyana.jpg

images

ParentsOf4

Except the cinnamon rolls haven't disappeared, they're in Fantasyland and hopefully adults can learn to live with that lol.
Sure, the Magic Kingdom is about bringing out the adult in us.;)

Right or wrong, one of the most commonly expressed concerns with the Main Street USA Starbuck's was that the cinnamon rolls would no longer be available at that location. I recall reading posts to that effect on pretty much every website. There even were posts on the highly censored official Disney blog.

There's a big difference between having cinnamon rolls available at the front of the park vs. the back of the park. Gaston's Tavern is about as far as you can get from the entrance. Guests seemed to view having cinnamon rolls on Main Street USA as a tradition.

WDW advertises nostalgia and tradition. ("Come back and relive your childhood vacation with your children.") It just seems incredible to me that a place that built itself on guest service, that sells nostalgia, would break a tradition that many deeply care about.

Snowflake82

Personally, I don't care for cinnamon rolls and don't recall ever having one at MSB. But I have to agree that it doesn't make sense to remove these from the coffee shop near the front of the park!

I can't follow the logic on this decision at all.

go3epcot

I, personally, do not include the Main Street Bakery Cinnamon Rolls as a special Disney memory, but I have enough of my own personal things that make a WDW trip complete that I understand people's reaction to not having something you have come to expect. Having quality coffee available is a big positive, from my standpoint, so I will be happy on my next visit. I do remember, however, that when the relationship was first announced between Disney and Starbucks, it was clear that both Starbucks and traditional Disney baked goods would be available at the new Starbucks/Disney stores. I am wondering just what Disney products will be offered? I would always get a Toll House cookie from here, but I don't expect to find that same cookie as Nestle/Nescafe should no longer be involved with the bakery. Time will tell...

Snowflake82

Why are people complaining about these cinnamon rolls when they are also offered in New Fantasyland?

Because tromping all the way to the back of the park to get one seems entirely impractical compared to stopping by MSB as you enter the park in the morning.

Also, the consensus seems to be that the taste and texture is not the same, but I can't offer a first hand option on that.

Tigger1988

Sure, the Magic Kingdom is about bringing out the adult in us.;)

Right or wrong, one of the most commonly expressed concerns with the Main Street USA Starbuck's was that the cinnamon rolls would no longer be available at that location. I recall reading posts to that effect on pretty much every website. There even were posts on the highly censored official Disney blog.

There's a big difference between having cinnamon rolls available at the front of the park vs. the back of the park. Gaston's Tavern is about as far as you can get from the entrance. Guests seemed to view having cinnamon rolls on Main Street USA as a tradition.

WDW advertises nostalgia and tradition. ("Come back and relive your childhood vacation with your children.") It just seems incredible to me that a place that built itself on guest service, that sells nostalgia, would break a tradition that many deeply care about.
Using your logic absolutely nothing should ever be removed (or in this case MOVED) from the parks. Because it could be "tradition" to someone somewhere. Do you realize how silly that is? Nothing would ever change.

I rarely agree with @WDW1974 but hell, maybe walking to the back of the park before consuming a massive cinnamon roll might do some WDW guests good.

Figment82

Meanwhile in DL, their MS Starbucks will not only end the tradition of free refills; Walt Disney: "There will only for 58 years be a $0.10 cup of coffee in Disneyland". No, the Starbucks will also close and occupy the next door Disneyana gallery. Or, in DL marketing double speak, the gallery will be merged with the Bank on MS.
It's the same mistake all over again as WDW did: destroying MS by Walmarting it into a few superlocales.

The loss of the Disneyana shop at Disneyland is the biggest disappointment to me - just like the loss of the Gallery above Pirates for the Dream Suite. The Bank is a great, unique location, but so is Disneyana. I was also saddened by the redo of Carnation Cafe to go into the Bakery next door. But I guess as long as they still have that delicious parfait and Mickey waffle, I can let that one slide...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom